Irritable Emotions

Lucid Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wha-" Jin only winked, and he put his finger against his lips.

I only blinked, and he disappeared. This was beyond strange. This was way beyond the norm that I was used to. Hell, if seeing things other people see was crazy, try having a boy who can physically interact with you, make things pop into existence out of thin air, bloody teleport, and become fantastically and unrealistically handsome. This was creating conflict inside of me, and I was freaking out inside.

But I can't scream out my insanity right now. Why? Because I don't want to go on a visit to the school's guidance counselor.

So instead, I breathed. Nothing else that was anything remotely close to hallucinations that turns real will disturb me at school- at least I hoped so.

Once I finally got myself composed, I got out of the restroom and I headed towards my classroom. The first period of the day was homeroom time. A school day would always start with homeroom, most likely because the teachers believed it to be best that they settle the students down first before the other teachers begin to teach.

It was actually a fine idea, but like any other homeroom class that occurs during the first week of the school year, there will always be the one thing I've always hated.

"Class you're all going to introduce yourselves in order so that everyone knows each other!" The teacher piped. "We will be starting with the front row, then going to the last." This specific teacher was too happy for this place. It was as if the purest angel was sent down from heaven to come and visit demons from hell, and the brightness of their halo was blinding the demons who were accustomed to darkness.

Well isn't that poetic.

Mentally looking around, I checked to see how long it'd take until I've reached my turn. I was seated in the third row, almost at the last, and I was in the fifth column. It was going to take a while until it was my turn to introduce and embarrass myself in front of the class.

Great, I was looking forward to it. Look at me, mom, I'm actually about to socialize right now! Yippee!

Yeah, I agree. I have to tone down on the sarcastic, lifeless mental remarks. I can't help it, it was serving as a rather beautiful distraction for little, old me who was showing signs of either drug abuse, schizophrenia, or a really bad case of inception dreaming.

If this was a dream though, I'd love to wake up any moment now. I don't like suffering an identity crisis in the middle of a school day, night, or just my entire life for instance.

But if this isn't a dream, as I have hoped, then there was no point in complaining, nor was there any point in acting insane. So in the possibility that this entire thing was a reality, or a dream, then I'd suffer no consequences because I would act rationally on either.

I let the words that the current speaker was saying enter my ear, then exit through the other. If I'd really end up as their friend, then chances are, I wouldn't rely on the public image that they're trying to impose on an entire class. It was most probably best that I instead just talk to them about things that they'd like to talk about- and not listen to things that they're forced to say because they want a good first impression on both the teacher, and a group of students altogether.

Then it happened again- the whistling. That nice, catchy whistle. I thought it wouldn't have been possible for a damned whistle to get any louder than the last time I heard it, but it did. It was so close to giving me a splitting headache.

There were three more people before me, but as one of the students were speaking, the college Principal entered the room and made it so that the entire class paused to look at him. It wasn't like we were doing anything important anyway. "Ms. Park, a word please." He said.

"Well then, guys, while I'm gone, do whatever you'd like. Just don't be too noisy, and rambunctious- got it?" The entire class replied with a rather lifeless 'Yes ma'am.' The woman just sighed, disappointed at the class for the lack of enthusiasm.

I agree wholeheartedly. This was awfully unhealthy. It was only the start of the school year, and everyone felt so edgy already. I smirked, everyone was old enough to know that there was no salvation this year then, I suppose.

A few minutes pass by, and the noise from the class started growing. It was still rather quiet, but there was improvement at least. I looked around to see that there weren't really enough people around who I thought was interesting. Not only that, but I didn't feel like making an effort to make friends today either.

My lips curled to a smile. I guess that the entire fiasco last night and this morning was bumming me out severely. Maybe it was because I couldn't differentiate what was real and what wasn't. For all I know, I could be talking casually to someone, and everyone would be staring at me because I was really just talking to the air.

I sighed. Crazy people problems.

"Class! I have good news for all of you!" The teacher entered the class, and she was smiling. "We have a late enrollee, which means you all have a new classmate to look forward to!" The teacher added a little wink. "Especially for the girls." Ooh, a little controversy here. Looks like someone has some interest in this new student.

As expected, the females of the class were all looking forward to this new student. But, to be fair, we were all technically new students. This one just enrolled three days too late, and dramatically since the Principal himself escorted this student.

Speaking of the Principal, he was a tad bit strange. It wasn't like he was some sort of puppet just like the things I see around here. It was just that where ever he was, there was a specific rabbit plushie that was following behind him. But it wasn't anything like Kooky. It looks adorable, intimidating, and realistic. That was the type of plushie which was made of expensive materials, but was oddly comfortable to look at, but intimidating when it looks right at you. It always looks so angry too. Another thing which was odd about this specific school official was that he was also unrealistically handsome, but human at the same time. He claims to be in his thirties, but I was doubting it. He looked like somewhere around twenty-five at the most.

Speak of the devil, he entered the room and he scanned the room, and following after him was the plushie that I was talking about. Well, thinking about.

It took him a while to find the thing or person he was looking for. Hell, I think that the amount of time he took made the entire class freeze in anticipation. Something about this man made things way more dramatic than one would expect. As he finally stopped roaming his eyes all over the class to look for a single person, he made me awfully pale. You may be wondering why I felt dreadful, and you'll know why the moment he spoke up.

"Ah, Moon Yeonhee. You're excused for the first three class period so that you can show the new student around. He wasn't here during the batch orientation, so it would be nice that you acquaint him to both the school rules and the building." He said with a smile. This was unfair.

First of all, why me? I don't even know anyone else who was acquainted with me in the least bit, and I was pretty sure that there weren't many guy friends that I had who were interested nor qualified for this same school. Second of all, it was the third day of school. I don't see why anyone would be in a rush to acquaint a late enrollee to the school rules when there was an entire school year to look forward to. Third, this is too cliche. It was a typical sub-plot for a heroine to meet her not-so-prince-charming by showing him around the school on his first day or vise versa. The plushie behind him jumped up towards me.

Okay, that never happened before.

In less than an instant, I found the little plushie pulling me up by my hand and leading me outside. As I was being dragged towards the exit, the Principal followed after me, and the class resumed on their little introduction time. Once we were finally outside, the stuffed toy stopped pulling me. The older man gave out a sigh of relief. "Finally. I hate walking." He said after the door shut. The plushie jumped on his shoulder, and suddenly I feel nauseous at the sight before me.

The plushie melted, and it sunk into the man's skin. As he absorbed the melted remains of the plushie, the edges of his hair grew red, and the waxed perfection became messier. His eyes turned blood red, and it was a swi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter