What the Hell

Lucid Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm Hoseok, nice to meet you." Hoseok said to another set of people who were interested in him. Due to his haircolor and his contact lenses, he easily stood out the most in the class. It wasn't all just because of enrolling late- though that was often a topic between him and anyone who was desperate for a conversation. Uncreative bastards.

Not only that, but it was affecting me too. The Principal who most probably foresaw this set me up so that I suffered as much as Hoseok did. I set it inside of my head to tick him off whenever I had the chance. He was bloody annoying for a man who could merge with plushies. He changed the seat plan so that Hoseok could sit right beside me during class time, which meant that I'd also get bothered by the stupid crowd of people that wante to get to him.

"Yeonhee-ssi, would you like to exchange seats with me? I'm sure that the teacher won't mind." That was the seventeenth time that question has been asked. It was starting to get irritating too. Don't get me wrong, I was more than willing to give out this seat. It was just that a certain someone, who I was certain was quite occupied, made ways and reasons so that I didn't go anywhere.

I looked at the unsuspecting girl, and I was about to say 'Sure, why not?', before this certain someone who magically overheard this conversation despite of the crowd he was entertaining butts into the conversation. "I'm sorry, my parents made it so that I'm not allowed to be separated from her for long." This was the seventeenth time he answered with that sort of stupid excuse. I don't understand how anyone could believe that, but they did anyways.

The poor girl just smiled anyway, but it was obvious that she was bothered by the rejection. I turned towards Hoseok and he just gave me a grin. I replied to that grin with a begging look, and a very clear statement that I was very much uncomfortable with the crowd of people surrounding us. He must have understood, because he nodded and he turned towards the band of instant fans.

"I, uhm, I'm sorry but I'm somewhat clausterphobic. Please don't crowd around me too much." I blinked. That was surprisingly good acting.

"Sure, Hoseok." Then they all scattered around the room. There were only a remaining few who stayed by his side.

It took him a while, but even he seemed tired with trying to entertain those few. "Excuse me for a while." He said, kindly standing up and moving his seat closer to mine. At the gesture, they all must have sensed that Hoseok wanted to spend some time without them, and they returned to their own group of peers. "Yeonhee, you've delt with this for how long?" Hoseok asked in disbelief.

"Never. Red hair just normally attracts unwanted and unneeded attention." I answered with a smirk. "Speaking of red hair, can't you change your appearance just like Youngguk does?" I asked tilting my head a little.

He puffed his cheek. "Nope." Hoseok then rested his head on his hand. "We're not as connected as he and his bride. Not only that, but I've only just woken up."

"How do we become more connected, then?" I asked another question. Hey, if this entire thing was reality, then I might aswell know what I can about it.

However, I realized that I won't be getting a proper answer. Hoseok reacted to the question a little drastically. "I-" He cut himself off by choking on his own saliva. The boy turned his head away and coughed. Great, he was making me even more curious about it. Hell, he even turned as red as his hair. Why was he getting flustered? Was my question an uncomfortable topic for him?

Worried, I put my hand on his shoulder. "Hey are you alright? Do you need water?" I asked, concerned for his welfare. Hoseok nodded, but he was rather speechless still. I took my bottle of water and I handed it to him. "Here, drink this." I said. He took it and he took three full gulps of it before returning it to me. "What happened? Am I not supposed to talk about it?"

"I don't think you'd like the answer." He said, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

Before I could ask another question, the teacher barged in a little too late for class. The room was filled with groans as he walked through the doors. "Yeah boo hoo." He said playfully. "This may be our first meeting, but I'm going to skip introductions because I think that they're utterly unnecessary, so let's begin with an introduction to the classics of dance, shall we?" I already like this teacher. More teaching, less dramatics, and a tinge of sarcastic.

The man paused all of a sudden, and his eyes stopped at the single red-head in the room. A grin suddenly crawled to his lips. "Oh why hello there. I heard that you're quite a prodigy." He said. "Nice to meet you, Hoseok, I'm Zelo. This is our performance arts class. I'm looking forward a to a grand school year with you."

It was only then when I noticed another black plushie that was hugging his leg as he moved. Oh sweet cheetos. This teacher is one of them.



***

Hoseok and I were on our way home from a tiring day from school. We've all been dismissed, and people scheduled for the morning were all headed back to our humble abodes.

But the red-head and I were paused from our walking when a certain figure just popped out of nowhere, and infront of us. "Hi hyung, hello Yeonnie!" He said, waving with a smile. The only thing I could do was blink. I was still not properly acquainted with this type of transport.

"Kooky, you can teleport already?" Hoseok asked, surprised. The younger male just nodded.

"Yeah, Jin told me to take a nap. When I woke up, I had the ability already." He smiled. "When did you wake up?" Jungkook asked.

Hoseok looked at me. "A while ago when I just arrived in school. Apparently he was in the school halls when he 'woke up'." I said. It was odd using these terms while speaking. It made me feel as if I was used to whatever it was that they were talking about. This was only the third time that a dream turned into a real-life person. "Anyway, where's Jin?" I asked.

"He's cooking dinner at home." He said. Home. The way he said it was so casual, but he's only ever lived here for less than a day. I know that it's supposed to disturb me how he feels at home in my apartment, but even I felt as if it was right for him to say so.

Damn me and my teenage girl hormones.

"Well then let's go!" Hoseok chirped grabbing my arm and Jungkook's. In less than an instant, we were inside of the apartment. Hoseok was already walking towards the kitchen, not the slightest bit bothered by all of this teleporting business. I, however, was still frozen in my place. I cannot imagine a date and time where I was comfortable with the idea of this hyper-unrealistic form of transport.

Jungkook must have noticed, because he turned towards me with concern evident on his face. "Yeonhee, you alright there?" He asked. I looked up, and I just waved it off.

"Oh I'm fine! I'm just rather unused to this entire thing." I said, and I followed after Hoseok.  The boy was still there however. I had no idea what it was that he was thinking, nor did I have any clue of whatever it was that was in his head, but I could tell that something was bothering him. "Kooky? You chill there?" There was something that felt nice by calling him by his nickname.

"Yeah, just thought of something." He told me.

I was just about to ask him about it, but something tackled me from behind all of a sudden. Either Hoseok or Jin was hugging me from behind, because Jungkook was still in front of me, with a stupud grin on his face. "Whoever is hugging me better stop." I warned.

"Or what?" Jin asked playfully.

"Well, it was worth a try." I shrugged and attempted to walk with him clinging on my back. It was difficult to walk around with a man who was a full seven inches taller than you.

Yeah boo hoo, I'm five feet flat. You can go enjoy your taller selves while I perish under a man who is half a foot taller than me.

It didn't take long before Jin was suddenly pulled away from me. "You hypocrite!" Jungkook accused. "You told me that making a move on Yeonnie this early on was unfair, and here you are!" Seokjin was laughing hysterically as he was being carried on Jungkook's shoulder. It was official- he was insane.

"Aigoo, these two really." I sighed.

Instead of troubling myself with having to deal with two immature boys who were solidified figments of my imagination, I headed towards the kitchen table with Hoseok on tow. "You must be hungry, you haven't eaten all day other than the lunch I shared with you." I told him.

"Now that you mention it, I sort of am." He said with a grin.

As the two idiots were playing in the living room, bickering to their hearts content, I set the table for us four. Jin and Jungkook mustn't have eaten yet. "Kids~! It's dinner time!" I said, mocking a motherly voice.

"Araso eomma!" Jungkook sang along. He ran from the living room and he sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter