D is for Deer

LMNOh Sehun

D is for Deer

Sehun found himself gazing into a familiar face. The soft features, the eyes, it all came flooding back.

“Lu – “he couldn’t get the rest out.

Minyoo unwrapped his arms from his dad’s waist, “You know my daddy Mr. Oh?”

“Yeah, I guess I do.”

“Sehunnie?” Luhan strode across the room and reached for Sehun.

Sehun pushed him away, “Don’t come any closer, I’m not your Sehunnie. How are you acting like you didn’t just spend the last 3 years ignoring my attempts to contact you? You were married, had a son, and a career and didn’t bother to tell me any of it.”

“I’m here for you now.”

“So now is supposed to erase then?” Sehun’s voice rose, “I don’t think so, you weren’t here for me when I needed you most, why should I care now?”

“Sehunnie, it’s complicated.” Luhan sighed.

“Call me Sehunnie one more time! Only friends call me that.”

Luhan’s eyes dulled, “I thought we were friends. I was your Lulu, you were my Sehunnie.”

“I thought we were friends too Luhan. Do I need to remind you that you’re the one who left?” Sehun clenched his fists, “You stopped being my Lulu the day you left me.”

“I’ve missed you Sehun, I really have, and I’m sorry. But I have a new life now.”

“So, I’m just a relic of your old life huh? You just throw me away because I don’t fit in your dreams anymore?” Sehun turned to pick up the forgotten chips from the floor. He felt strong arms wrap around him. Pulling away, he looked down.

Luhan’s hands clasped tight, on the left-hand ring finger, beneath his wedding band was a familiar silver ring.

A sob forced its way from Sehun’s throat. He carefully placed his hand on top of Luhan’s

“I didn’t forget you Sehun.” Luhan whispered, “I couldn’t forget you.”

Luhan let go and Sehun turned to face him with tears in his eyes. From inside his dress shirt, Luhan pulled a silver chain. At the end of the chain hung a delicate deer pendant.

“Please Sehun, am I still your deer?”

“Luhan…” Sehun started

Luhan cupped a hand beneath Sehun’s chin. Despite himself, a smile spread across Sehun’s face. “I missed your smile Sehun.”

Sehun embraced Luhan, crying, “I still need answers,” He mumbled into Luhan’s shoulder, “I’m still hurt, some things won’t ever be the same.”

“I know,” Luhan said, “But can we start right here?”

Minyoo joined their hug, wrapping his arms around both of them.