B is for Bubble Tea

LMNOh Sehun

“One chocolate bubble tea please.” The customer ordered pushing his glasses farther up on his nose. Eyes shifting, he surveyed the shop as if he’d never seen it before. The bright blue walls, the cakes on display, and the chalkboard menus.

The Cashier typed in the order, “You’re here early.”

“I’m sorry?” The customer asked

“I see you here every day for bubble tea, but usually you come later in the day.”

“Ah yes, today is the first day of school so I’m getting a head start.”

She leaned back, looking him over from under here cap, “You’re still in school?”

“No, no” he laughed pulling his collar, “I’m a Kindergarten teacher, today’s my first day.”

“You look a little uptight to be a Kindergarten teacher”

He rubbed his hands together and looked down, “I want to loosen up a bit, I thought that teaching kids would help me.”

“Well, good luck, kindergarteners can be a handful.”

He grabbed a straw and a couple of napkins. Pushing the door open he looked back, “Thanks, but they can’t be more difficult than what I left behind.”

***

“Good morning class, I am your new teacher Oh Sehun. You may call me Mr. Oh. Since you don’t know me, I thought it would be nice if you asked me some questions. You may ask anything you’re curious about.

Hands shot up, “Where are you from? A little girl with a round face asked

“Seoul”

“Do you have a girlfriend?”

“No”

“You got any pets?” A little boy with a runny nose looked up at him.

“Yes, I have a dog named Vivi and she is an angel.”

“Who’s your best friend?”

Sehun smiled, he turned and began to erase the board, extending his arm in huge , “Ah boys and girls we have spent too much time on this, we must start our lessons now.”

***

Tossing his keys on the table and sports coat in the chair, Sehun collapsed on the couch. He pulled out his phone and looked at the screen. One new message, it was from Suho.

5:44 p.m. How was your first day on the job?

Sehun’s long fingers dashed across the screen composing his reply.

5:45 p.m. Fine. Kids are a lot of work though

5:46 p.m. Tell me about it. Raising you was no walk in the park.

5: 47 p.m. I know you tell me every chance you get

5: 48 p.m. Ah Sehunnie, have you met a nice girl out there?

5: 50 p.m. Don’t worry about me, I told you I don’t want a girlfriend at the moment

5: 51 p.m. Ok then if not a girlfriend then a friend. You must leave your apartment to meet people. And I know you don’t leave often

5: 55 p.m. You don’t know what I do here

5: 56 p.m. But I know you

5:57 p.m. I leave my apartment every single day

5:58 p.m. Yeah, to get bubble tea 😉