Episode Eight

The Charming Game Developer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Eight

Kim Namjoo

 

To say that I was surprised was an understatement.

However, I still found myself responding to her kisses. Even to the point where I placed my arms on her neck, pulling her closer to me. It was passionate but not frantic, deep but also sweet. It felt like it was never ending. It was only until I need to breathe that I decided to let go. Our faces were still close to each other, and a small smile was on our lips while catching our breaths.

“You don’t seem to be experienced, Hayoung-ah…” I teased; grinning widely and still not letting her go.

“Whatever.” She chuckled. “Anyway… Perhaps, can I stay over for the night?”

 I didn’t even need to answer as I captured her lips this time. Unknowingly, she carried me in her arms while my legs were around her waist. Wow, she’s strong. She easily carried me inside my house while we were still in our parade of kisses. She brought me to my room and gently placed me down on my bed while she was on top of me.

She pulled away for a bit, and there was something in her eyes that I caught, something I don’t understand.

She planted a chaste kiss on my forehead. Our nose was touching when she decided to speak once again.

“You were right. I’m inexperienced.” She whispered lowly in the atmosphere. My initial thought was she was kidding. There’s no way she hasn’t kissed anyone. Not when she has Minjae.

And that’s when it hit me. I never knew anything about little Minjae’s father, nor anything about that kid’s background at all. All I know was that he was Hayoung’s son. Besides, I caught it. How Hayoung’s kisses felt like it’s her first time.

I was intrigued. I had a lot of questions. I wanted to ask her but when our gazes met again, even with that dim light… I just simply couldn’t.

Those beautiful orbs, those expressionless orbs that first night were finally saying something that evening. It was the second expression I’ve seen from hers. The first one was genuine happiness. The second one… was just sadness.

Her eyes were begging me to not ask anything, to not say anything.

“K-Kim Namjoo…” She mumbled, biting her lips as she was staring down at me. “I-I’m sorry…”

“F-for what…?”

“I-I think I a-already like you now…”

I wanted to ask her. I wanted to ask why she would be sorry. I think I like her too. Is it something wrong? Was she not expecting this? Are we not supposed to fall for each other?

The hundred questions were clouding up my brain, almost making my head hurt. However, none of it went out of my lips. I just found myself looking back at her. I pulled her next to me and wrapped her in the warmest embrace I could ever come up. I know she was broken inside. No complete being would be able to have those expressionless eyes unless they were broken inside.

She didn’t reject the hug. Instead, she did something more serious. She hugged me b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter