Episode Ten

The Charming Game Developer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Ten

Oh Hayoung

 

The wind was blowing. It felt like I was at the top of the world.

I didn’t know why I was there, at the rooftop of the hotel. My brother was silent before me. He was standing in the edge, just one wrong move and he’ll fall in his death. I tried to tell him to stop, to walk down, to be safe, but he insisted no. I wasn’t clueless enough. I know what was running in his mind.

“O-oppa… W-we should go down now. M-mom might be waiting for us.”  I tried to say, but he won’t listen. He’s looking at the dark horizon. The night was peaceful up there.

“She’s my mom… Your mother… is gone now.” He said, looking ahead without even sparing me a glance. His words truly hit me. He was never the same. He doesn’t seem the same brother I had two years ago.

“O-oppa… I-I…”

“I hated you, Hayoung ah. My girlfriend was gone just like that… you’ve burned the memory down in my mind. I-I… I don’t think I can live like this anymore.”

He was crying. I made my brother cry. I am seriously the worse.

B-but…

“O-oppa… D-don’t, please… You still have your son. He’s a gift Saeun unnie left behind. What about him? Don’t you love him?”

“I-I do!! But I can’t seriously live without Saeun, Hayoung-ah… I love her… Tell me, how can I live without that love…?”

“B-but we love you too. Me, and mom and Minjae… We also have Kai and Sehun… Oppa, isn’t that enough?”

He slowly nodded his head. And I felt myself collapsing at the spot.

“Sadness comes in waves, Hayoung… This world is a lonely place… I need to leave it soon.”

“No! Oh Minjae, don’t!”

I tried to hold him back, but he was resisting. I was able to pull him to the floor, stop him from going away, but he was being stubborn. He kept trying to go free from my grasp. I was too weak, I couldn’t stop him.

“H-Hayoung-ah! L-let me go!” He screamed while trying to resist my embrace. “Why?! I just want to die! Let me die, Hayoung! Why won’t you let me!”

I tried to hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter