Episode Seven

The Charming Game Developer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Seven

Oh Hayoung

 

I was afraid of being near her. She was too precious to be in my world.

 

I was afraid. Really, I am…

But the little trembles of my body at the thought of being with her, the small smiles she’ll randomly give me when our gazes meet, the way she sets my heart ablaze every time her skin touches mine… I like every part of it.

I knew I was falling, and I don’t mind. I started to learn how to smile from the heart that I never felt from before. I started to learn how humans feel the idea of infatuation.

I was starting to become human, something that I was craving for since I was young.

And it was all thanks to her. It was all thanks to her.

 

“Hey, how do I look?” I asked as I checked myself in front of the mirror of the Film Clubroom. The other members just snorted. I glanced at our president, who just came back from her trip and with a wide smile on her face.

“You look good, Hayoung-ah! Going out on a date?” Her eyebrows were wiggling. I want to brush it off but the evident blush on my cheeks was making me unable to do so. Eunji just laughed in her seat, standing up and fixing the collar of my shirt. “You should fix yourself. Our Namjoo loves people who are neat and tidy. Maybe you can put your hair in a ponytail or some sort. She always has this fantasy about girls in ponytails.”

That’s when it struck me again. Yeah right, they used to date. Somehow it felt like someone shot an arrow in my heart. Not Cupid’s arrows. It aches, in a way, but I didn’t know what it was.

“H-how did you know it’s N-Namjoo…?” I stuttered, earning another giggle from her.

“Well… I think she told me before the trip. I met your little son too. You never told me you have a child. He’s a bright kid.” I stared at Eunji’s smile, which seems truly genuine. “Namjoo is a bright girl too, and an independent woman. You can trust her with all your life, you know?”

I nodded my head. Noticing the time, I quickly took my shoulder bag and my gift that I personally bought a few days before.

I was about to leave but decided to ask Eunji unnie one last question.

“Hey Eunji unnie!” I glanced at her, who was smiling at her phone (and probably texting Naeun). “About Namjoo… what food does she like…?”

Eunji laughed, shrugging. “She likes all types of food. And she definitely likes you too.”

 

I’ve never been a nervous wreck before.

If you were to ask the people who was around me for a long time, you would think of me differently. A person who has a certain way to get what she wants. They would say I was cold, quiet… reserved. They would say I have a certain charm that drags people in that can twirl their minds into mess. I was like that, deceptive, deceiving…

But it never worked for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter