Episode Three

The Charming Game Developer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Three

Kim Namjoo

 

Wow. That was all I can say.

I stared at the two who are happily eating their midnight food at McDonalds. My sundae was left untouched, almost melting away as I kept staring at the two creatures who are weirdest human beings I’ve ever met. They didn’t seem to notice me though. They were on their own little world. A world that got me thinking what it looks like. Oh Hayoung’s, specifically. She seems completely different, strange shall I say? Her cold, blank gaze from before felt intimidating. However, her smiles this moment was something normal—almost normal—like any other person.

I didn’t know what was genuine, what was real, because no matter how normal her smile seems, it felt like a smile that can drag in any other human being.

Okay, that sounds so wrong in many ways, but I simply mean she was drop dead attractive. Especially when she smiles.

Yeah, she is.

“Aren’t you eating?” She asks, purses her lips to point at my mushy, smooth ice cream. “If you don’t want that, I can buy you a different one. Do you want a burger?”

I shook my head kindly, smiling awkwardly for a bit. In fact, I was still kinda full from eating a lot in the Oh’s Residence. Mrs. Oh’s spaghetti was really good. I just couldn’t understand why Oh Hayoung and her child didn’t like eating in the household. I would really love it if mom can cook like Mrs. Oh!

“Too bad…” She flashed a small smile before turning to her son who has ketchup all over his lips. “Minjae, didn’t I tell you not to put too much ketchup? Look, you’re so messy now.”

“I’m s-horry, Dad~ Hehehehe boop!” The small kid grinned as well, taking a fistful of fries with his small hands and ate up. It was cute, probably a little too cute that a smile formed on my lips.

“You’re smiling.”

Hayoung flashed me a grin, something that resembled Minjae, but something that got my heart somersaulting in some way.

“Am I not allowed to?” I asked back, not trying to deny the smile on my lips. Anyone can smile with the little boy’s cuteness anyway.

Hayoung shook her head, her grin never disappearing as well.

“You just look pretty when you smile.” She released a few chuckles before continuing. “I bet a lot of guys already told you that.”

That’s true. However, can I anybody tell me why it has a different effect when it came from her?

I mentally slapped myself. Slowly, I realized that maybe—just maybe—my oath of Eunji being the only woman I’ll ever love would vanish in the air. Albeit weird and strange, Oh Hayoung definitely has a charm through girls’ hearts.

I realized myself falling in an instant.

 

“I’m sorry for taking you o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter