Episode Two

The Charming Game Developer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Two

Kim Namjoo

 

Dinner went on smoothly. And like my first expression as I stepped inside the house, they are a loving family. True enough, they couldn’t seem to express it well with Mr. Oh’s somewhat cold expression that his daughter seemed to take, but I can see him trying his best to show it.

Their emotions were more than their dull expressions.

Mrs. Oh seems nice too, like how a real mom is. She would tell me to get some more food and put extra meat on my plate. Her smile was sweet, welcoming like how it always been.

Oh Hayoung, their daughter, was silent throughout dinner. Well, she did say some sarcastic remarks but more than that, she seems to be a smart girl in fact. A bit intimidating, she’s radiating a sense of leadership in the air. Not my cup of tea, even if she resembles a bit of Eunji’s qualities. Their main difference was their eyes. Eunji’s were always expressive, sweet, and bright. All I get to see so far was a hint of Oh Hayoung’s smirks and remarks.

Other than that, nothing.

…well she did blush earlier while holding my wrist.

But that didn’t matter. I’m not marrying her. I’m marrying her brother.

At least, that’s what I thought.

 

“Uhm, Mrs. Oh? You’re son isn’t coming…? I-I thought I’m meeting him tonight?”  I asked in uncertainty that seem to alarm them. I guess I touched a touchy subject, but then it’s our marriage we’re talking about… what would be wrong?

“W-well, dear. I guess your parents still weren’t able to tell you anything.” Mrs. Oh shifted uncomfortably in her seat. “You r-really couldn’t meet Minjae tonight.”

“Minjae? That guy Hayoung called for earlier? But isn’t he just upstairs, sleeping?”

“That’s… a different Minjae.” Mr. Oh finally spoke. “We deeply apologize for not telling you sooner, Namjoo… but you’re not marrying our dear Minjae… my—our son died two days after my deal with your father. That was six months ago.”

I was taken back, shocked. H-he’s dead? My father indeed sent me pictures of the man, and I was expecting to meet him.

B-but if he’s gone… why am I there that moment? Who am I marrying?

“T-then…” I gulped, having a gut feeling of where the conversation is going. “Perhaps, who am I supposed to meet tonight, D-dad? W-who am I marrying…?”

“W-well, your father said you wouldn’t mind it. It’s our dear Hayoung you’re marrying—“

I coughed out loud, choking in air upon hearing it. Oh Hayoung??? This girl? Are they all insane???

The very girl handed me a glass of water, her eyes still expression after all of that. After regaining my composure, I asked them the question I was dying to ask.

“What?!”

Mr. Oh, finally seemingly flustered, went to explain right away. “W-well my daughter here is the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter