Episode One

The Charming Game Developer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode One

Kim Namjoo

 

I was so sure she’s coldhearted. I was.

After meeting Eunji in the theater hall earlier that day, I was completely distraught, broken. I was still very much in love with her. However, I also know that our love has come to an end the moment Eunji started looking at her way. Naeun… every time I see the two together, I know it. They are meant to be together. It’s in the way they talk to each other, the way they look to each other… It was the words of how much they are in love.

I couldn’t see how come Naeun would be insecure in being with Eunji. In reality, I was no match to her.

I excused myself quickly, trying to get away with the awkward situation of the couple-to-be. I needed to be away for a moment, a while. I have to rip the feelings off my chest, the love I feel for Eunji.

I need to let her go… stupidly like that, I decided to accept my parents’ offer of an arrange marriage.

No, it wasn’t like the usual. I can stop all of this if I wanted to. I don’t need to marry the person off right away. My parents and that person’s parents decided to let us live together for a while… try things out and see if it will work. Today, I’m meeting my future fiancé and his parents… and I still don’t know what it’ll be like.

I didn’t hope that it would work… but I didn’t wish the otherwise either.

Checking my clothes through my car’s mirror, I sighed. Here it goes the start of the new chapter of my life.

Two knocks, three.

I waited patiently at the patio of the huge mansion I was invited in. The mansion looks like the houses I’ve seen back at England. It has a sense of mystery and chill in it. The moment someone opened the door, the scene inside made me feel comfy… homey, as well.

“You must be Namjoo, my dear?” A woman in her fifties smiled warmly upon sight of me. “It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Mrs. Oh but you can refer to me as mom from now on, okay?”

I didn’t understand how, but strangely I felt at home. It was the first time that I met her but… her warmth was growing on me; I can’t resist a smile on my face.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too, m-mom. You can just call me Namjoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter