Episode Six

The Charming Game Developer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Six

Kim Namjoo

 

I. Give. Up.

I’M NOT GONNA GET MARRIED FOREVEEEEEEEER.

I messed my hair in frustration, staring as the two guests in my house were running around, playing chase. I must be crazy that first night. There’s no way I’m going to get married to this woman. She must’ve got me under a spell or a love potion. Okay that sounds scary but really. I don’t think I’ll ever live in peace with this woman and her son.

I’m only kidding, of course. But there are those random moments. Like that one.

“Minjae-ah! Stop running around without clothes, please!” Oh Hayoung screamed as she tried to run after her little boy who was running around my living room with a dinosaur figurine in his hands. “And stop messing the toys that I keep cleaning up, please Minjae-ah!”

Little Minjae stopped running and grinned. He then shook his head again and ran to my bedroom much to my reluctance and Hayoung’s warning.

“Uh… sorry about Minjae. H-he hates baths… water to be exact.” Hayoung rubbed her neck in sheepish manner. “I-I’ll go and fix his mess and take him to shower then.”

I nodded my head, losing all my energy. I plopped to the kitchen counter and ate some cereal. It’s been more than a month now since the first night I met this two and I could say it was a roller coaster ride. After their first sleepover, Hayoung and her child would stay over in my home once in a while and sometimes I stay over in their house. I always accept them with open arms but always regret it when morning comes or anything that includes the word bath time though.

Most of the time, Minjae and Hayoung are behave, silent and calm. But when bath time comes… let’s say the house gets a little bit messier.

“Minjae, stop splashing the water everywhere!”

“Hey, stop thrashing around!”

“Minjae, get back here this instant!”

Apparently, I found out that little Minjae has a fear of water. I didn’t know the exact reason why but I heard that he witnessed someone drowning before. I tried to ask Mrs. Oh about it but she would just give a sad smile and I’ll end up dismissing the talk.

After eating, I walked over my home’s bathroom, staring at the mess Oh Hayoung and her child is making.

Foams of soap were everywhere. Hayoung was already dripping wet when she’s not the one taking a bath. Minjae was sitting in the bathtub, giving me an innocent smile that I always fall for.

“Come on, Hayoung-ah. I’ll do it. You should go into my room and well uhh… dry up.” I handed her a towel as she glanced at me in slight hesitation.

“My son will be quite a handful though. Are you sure?” She asks.

I nodded my head and she gave up. Minjae was now pouting on the bathtub while I gave her a strict stare.

“Don’t move too much now, okay Minjae? I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter