09 CLOSE BUT YET SO FAR

Save Me, I'm Not Fine

Here it is guys, your long awaited SaiDa moment! :'D This is just a short one though he he he :3 But still, I hope you enjoy it! I think you guys are gonna love this chapter because I do~


I can't believe this is happening.” Nayeon put on a satisfy smile on her face with her hands on her waist while standing beside Jihyo who is instructing the busy people in front of her. The busy people include their friends such as Momo, Mina and Sana along with the three first year students; Dahyun, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung who is willingly to participate for the preparation of their Health Mini Festival event which will be officially held in a week. There are only a few number of students from the third year who are able to come as volunteer but the amount of works are a lot so it affect their progression.

 

Momo and Mina are in charge of lifting banners for each booth while Tzuyu and Sana unpack boxes of decoration for the booths. Dahyun and Chaeyoung is currently doing what Jihyo is instructing them to like moving the small tables to the side and then arranging the chairs.

 

We need more people.” Nayeon told Jihyo as she noticed that they are lacking of manpower. She is helping the two girls with arranging the chairs in front of the small stage where Jihyo is at.

 

Don't worry, the second years are coming soon.” Jihyo said, fixing the microphone stand to make it to her own height.

 

I thought they said they couldn't make it because they're doing another project.” Nayeon squinted her eyes at Jihyo, battling her eyes with the sun. It is during lunch time where the sun is especially bright at this hour.

 

They are but some are willing to help since our event is earlier than their project.” Jihyo told as she get down from the stage to help the latter.

 

Where is Jeongyeon?” She asked when she is close to Nayeon, passing the red chair to her.

 

Oh that idiot will come soon too.” Nayeon grinned cheekily.

 

That idiot is already here.” A voice said from Nayeon's left side causing her to run toward the voice owner as soon as she see her.

 

Jeoongyeon, you're here!” She exclaimed while locking her friend using her small arm. She teased Jeongyeon by patting her head aggressively, enjoying the moment of messing her hair playfully. This is causing the short-haired girl to grab Nayeon by the arm, then turn her around to free herself from the grip and trap her using her arms. Jeongyeon tightened the back hug and lean her chin on Nayeon's shoulder. The only thing she can do at the moment is to form a coy smile on her face because Jeongyeon's hug is preventing her to move her now trapped arms. Jihyo who witnessed them only shook her head with a smile plastered on her face.

 

Let go.” Nayeon giggled, the tight hug is suffocating her but she won't lie that she like it. So Jeongyeon let her go with a grin.

 

Are they dating?” Chaeyoung and Dahyun was still arranging chairs together when their scene caught their eyes.

 

I think so, they look so... romantic.” Dahyun blinked in excitement before she face Chaeyoung who grinned while nodding in agreement.

 

Well apparently, that's not the only romantic scene here.” Chaeyoung said as she eyed on the blondie and the red-haired girl laughing together at the booth section. They swore they can see flowers blooming and small hearts flying around those two.

 

Stop it, you're going to waste a lot of it.” Mina chuckled as she hold Momo's arm trying to stop the blonde haired girl from playing the small heart shape stickers that is needed for the banners as decoration.

 

Mina is sweating from standing under the sun, Momo can feel it from her grab and noticed it from her rosy cheek. Her hair is tied into a high pony tail, exposing her neck which Momo love so much. Despite from sweating, Mina's sweet scent is still attached from her exposed neck making the blonde girl to desperately want to bury her face on to it.

 

Momo shook her head, ignoring what the red-haired girl had said. Instead, she placed the heart stickers on Mina's cheek and plant a quick kiss on it making the latter to blushed, her cheeks are now as red as a tomato.

 

Moguri.” She said softly while placing her hand on the kissed area. Momo didn't know that part of the reason why she is sweating now is because she is nervous around her. Nevertheless, she enjoy her accompany, heck she love having Momo beside her.

 

This is the last one.” Momo put another stickers on her nose then give it another kiss. Their face are so close that it made their heart to beat in sync. Momo bit her lower lip when she caught Mina looking at it. Then, she grinned cheekily at Mina who smile shyly at her.

 

They are definitely dating.” Dahyun assumed, and Chaeyoung nodded again with a chuckle.

 

The event preparation has been going on for 4 days now including today but because of the lack of people and time, there are still a lot of things to do. However, thanks to the volunteers who make the work progress efficiently despite the insufficient time to do the prep as they only have lunch time to do it.

 

One more week and after that, the event will be conducted outside the Core building. Food sales, activities and games will be placed just like how Nayeon wanted. Jeongyeon's effort on convincing her sister will paid off once the event is held perfectly. Fortunately, the convincing part is not as difficult as they thought it would be because it only took Jeongyeon 2 days to get the approval from her sister.

 

Sana and Tzuyu proceed on doing the decoration after unboxing. Moments later, Momo came to help them along with Mina. When the three were busy tying knots on one of the booth, Sana noticed another large box near the stage so she start walking to it. Dahyun, who would glance at the girl whenever she have the chance, saw her walking alone and witness the girl's failed attempt on lifting the big box.

 

Go ahead.” Chaeyoung forced her friend. Dahyun jumped a little at the remark because she isn't aware of Chaeyoung paying her attention on her. She gulped before she nodded nervously.

 

If you run away, I will approach you, Dahyun thought to herself as she start walking slowly to Sana's direction. The younger girl is anxious; she has been feeling restless these days because of her uncertainty and her uneasiness. No matter how many times she told herself that she is not confused of her feelings anymore, she is still questioning herself if this alright for her.

 

It's not as easy as I thought it would be. She her dry lips, biting the lower lip for a few time while staring on the big white tiles on the floor for a brief second before looking back at Sana who is still unaware of her approached. Dahyun took another deep breath before she is finally just a step away from Sana.

 

Let me help you.” The younger girl said causing Sana to jump from hearing the unexpected voice.

 

Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.” Dahyun apologize with one hand rubbing at the back of her neck.

 

Sana gulped nervously at the sight of the younger girl's present. She is not avoiding eye contact with Dahyun anymore, but she look uncomfortable that made Dahyun to feel sad and made her lowered down her shoulder. Maybe I'm right. To Sana, I'm just another problem. Dahyun begin to have this thought on her mind; what if this is a mistake?

 

Dahyun is not the type to give up easily but based on her situation right now, she feel like it is playing her mind and her feelings so there are times where she felt discouraged due to her own frustration. Who am I kidding? Love is a pain to begin with.

 

I need to carry this to them.” Sana said breaking the short silence. She point her finger to where Momo, Mina and Tzuyu are. Dahyun only nodded as a respond. She start moving to the other edge of the box, getting ready to lift it.

 

The box is heavy even for the two of them so they would stop midway to take a break before finally arriving to their friends.

 

Thank you.” Sana didn't forget to thanked Dahyun with a light smile.

 

Your welcome.” Dahyun smiled back and watch the older girl leave her as she move to another booth all by herself as she start tying the same knots that the three has been doing.

 

Maybe it's the best for the two of us.

 

Her mind is controlling her but her heart is still insisting.

 

Which one to follow? Your heart or your mind?

 

Dahyun was just about to leave the place when she heard her name being called. It was before she even lift her foot to start walking when a very unexpected but familiar voice chanted her name like a magic spell that froze her.

 

Dahyun,”

 

It's like a music to her ear, a melody to her symphony; coming out from the mouth of the girl she adore endearingly.

 

Did she just-

 

Dahyun's eyes widened looking at the girl who called her. Sana looked back at her.

 

Those gorgeous eyes, the younger girl thought as she was mesmerized by it.

 

Dahyun?” Sana called again but this time, it sound more like a question directing to the frozen girl.

 

Yes?” Dahyun's responds sounded too excited despite feeling bewildered. She was caught up with her own thought that she forgot to answer Sana's call.

 

Can you help me with this too?” She asked the younger girl with the colorful ropes on her hand. Dahyun almost run toward her due to her excitement, but she manage to walk at normal pace to approach Sana while trying to maintain her composure.

 

Sure.” She smiled, her eyes is shining for her and it was obvious that she is in love with Sana even more. Just when she thought that it's time for her to give up, Sana is giving her another chance so it made Dahyun happy.

 

Please don't play with my feeling again, and just let me make you happy, Dahyun thought as she begin to move closer to Sana to help her with what she need.

 

Thanks.” Sana respond back to her smile but widely this time which shaken Dahyun's weak-heart as she felt like she was about to melt by it.

 

The two begin to do their work diligently for a few more minutes before the lunch ended where Jihyo call it off. Dahyun wished she have more time because she want to talk to Sana even longer. Most importantly, she wanted to give the older girl a question that she has been wanting to ask. However, she couldn't do it even with the time she was given. So, she sighed with regret as she start walking with her friends to attend their afternoon lecture.

 

Well?” Chaeyoung nudged Dahyun on the elbow. The girl is excited to know her friend's progression.

 

Nothing happened, Chaeng.” She told her friend and pouted afterward.

 

It's okay my friend, there are other days.” The small friend ensure Dahyun with a smile while puttning her tiny arm around her head and make a quick gentle bump on their heads together. Then Chaeyoung's arm move to Dahyun's waist as they both wait for Tzuyu to come join locking waist with them, laughing together before the three friends went to their class.

 

The next day is the same day except that there are more students helping them with the event preparation. Due to the numbers, it allow them to finish everything they did yesterday by today. Hence, they are able to do a lot of other stuff too making the progress to be even more productive. The place is lively with everyone helping one another to make a perfect event. Jihyo smiled at the sight of her frriends busying themselves making her cannot wait for the real event to start.

 

This is great, we can finish it by this week.” Jihyo told the short-haired girl who is busy rolling the wires on her hand from the speakers.

 

Yeah I know right. We don't need to worry so much anymore.” She agreed with a smile of relief.

 

Jeongyeon, are you done with the wires?” Nayeon asked from below the stage.

 

Almost. Why?” The girl said.

 

I need you to help Momo with the microphones at booth number 5.” She told making the latter to nod her head as a respond.

 

Since there are a lot of people helping them today, they get busier because they are trying to finish everything they did on that day and so that for other days, they don't need to ask for volunteers to come again when they can manage with small groups.

 

We need more tapes.” Mina said lifting the empty roll of tape to show it to her friends, as if no one is going to believe her if she didn't. Chaeyoung chuckled and give her older friend a respond, “We can see that.”

 

Sana, can you go buy them at the store nearby?” Nayeon asked. There are five of them altogether but the only one who is free at that moment and moreover, who could drive is Sana. So she is automatically assigned to buy the tapes.

 

I'll go with you.” Dahyun said who sit at the opposite side of her in front of the big placard they are working on together with Chaeyoung.

 

Yeah go ahead, I can hold this.” Chaeyoung told them.

 

Sana didn't reject the younger girl's offer nor complain about being send away because she is willing to go too. “Come on.” She said to Dahyun instead. Dahyun was of course excited, because the last time she went into Sana's car was when she first met Jeongyeon which has been a long time.

 

When they got into her car, Sana immediately remembered how Dahyun always forgot to put on her seat belt so she glanced at the younger girl to remind her.

 

Seat-” She stopped before she can finish her sentence when she saw Dahyun is already putting on her seat belt with a grin on making Sana to chuckled shortly at her.

 

Jihyo unnie nag me a lot on this so it become very natural for me now.” She told the older girl who only nodded with a smile on her face as she start her engine.

 

So, how many tapes should we buy?” Dahyun asked when Sana already started driving.

 

Hmm, let's buy the one that has two in it.” Sana answered while driving slowly out from the Core building to find the nearest convenience store.

 

Fortunately, there is a nearest one which takes less than 10 minutes to get there. So, Sana parked her car at the very front of the store when they arrived. They both went out from the car together to look for the item that their members need. They didn't waste any time because they went to the stationery section as soon as they step inside.

 

Is this okay?” Dahyun held two big round tapes that topped together where she found them at the bottom shelves making her to bend her body. She lift it up, straightening her body to show it to Sana who is slowly approaching beside her. When Sana get closer, she can smell the lavender scent coming from the older girl. Sana nodded and pick up another one before they went to the cashier to pay. She took the one from Dahyun and the one she hold to put it in front of the cashier. Their fingers touched when Sana grabbed the tape from Dahyun which send a tingling feelings inside Dahyun's heart. She smiled on her own like a fool when Sana isn't looking at her. Her giddy feeling after the short contact with Sana's soft hand is making her laugh quietly to herself.

 

Is there anything you want to buy?” She asked Dahyun making the latter to widened her eyes so suddenly as she felt like she almost get caught for smiling foolishly. Sana pretend like she didn't see it so she just smile it away when in fact, she was undercover; biting her lower lip trying not to chuckle at the younger girl's silliness.

 

Oh.. err, can I grab a snack for everyone?” Dahyun asked and Sana nodded again.

 

I love how thoughtful you are of your friends, Sana thought as she smile at the younger girl who is still hesitating to move.

 

Go.” Sana told the younger girl, still putting on a soft smile and finally let out a giggle when Dahyun started to look for the snack.

 

Few seconds later, Dahyun return with a bag of chips in her hand wearing a satisfy smile on her face.

 

Only one? There's a lot of us though.” Sana remind her.

 

Okay then two more?” Dahyun asked. She is now scratching the side of her head only making Sana to smile even more wide that show her teeth.

 

Take another three.” Sana told her. “Maybe with different flavors?” She suggested which made Dahyun to formed an 'O' on as she nodded in agreement.

 

Moment later, Dahyun return again with three new bags of chips. She watched the older girl paid for their stuff. They walked side by side to Sana's car although it was just a short journey but Dahyun can feel Sana's shoulder rubbing against her by accident when they were walking together. It give her a warm feeling inside her body and on her face causing the younger girl to blushed a little, gladly Sana didn't notice this or so she thought.

 

How much should I pay you back?” Dahyun asked when they are already inside Sana's car.


“No need, it's on me.”

 

Are you sure?” The younger girl asked again.

 

Sana nodded without looking at Dahyun because her eyes are focused on the road as they are now leaving the store to go back to the Core.

 

Arrived at the Core on the outside of the building where the event are placed, the students are still working hard to finish their job by today except for Hirai Momo who is found lying on the floor with a grumpy look on her face while Mina is standing next to her with her hand holding out for Momo to take it. But the girl still insist on getting up even with her help. Sana and Dahyun went to Nayeon and Chaeyoung as soon as they got there to give the tapes before they call everyone to grab the snacks.

 

Like a miracle, Momo jolt up straight from the white tiles when she heard the call. In a flash, she attacked Dahyun like a flying raccoon. Dahyun is struggling to open the bag of chips when Momo flew herself onto her, knocking their heads together.

 

Ouch!” Dahyun groaned as Momo took the chips away from her and then manage to sit in front of her like nothing just happened. Dahyun wanted to scold Momo for her reckless behavior but when she heard their friends' laughter, it stopped her and made her laugh along too instead. Especially when she see Sana cracking so hard, it made her happy that tears is coming out from laughing.

 

Is your head okay?” Sana asked when she already stop laughing. She bend down to Dahyun so she can rub the younger girl's head. Dahyun's heart is beating so loud that she can literally hear it making her to blushed as she try to touch her head to feel if there is any bump. She forgot that Sana is still rubbing her head that their hands touched when Dahyun attempt to touch the top of her head too.

 

I-I think so...” Dahyun uttered with a red cheek on her face. “I hope so.” She joked at the end, trying not to feel embarrassed in front of everyone who is looking at them.

 

I hope so too.” Sana let out a soft chuckle as she offered her hand to help her stand.

 

Dahyun took the offer without hesitating.