11 OUR MOMENT

Save Me, I'm Not Fine

Hello readers, are you still alive? He he he, you should be coz here's an update! :D 

Thanks to my awesome friend for helping me edit my not-so-good English on this chapter, I'm giving a shoutout to CL /throw hearts at you/ <3

Enjoy reading guys! ^^,


The countdown for the Health Mini Festival event is just in one more day. The girls are excited but at the same time nervous to make it officially happen for the last time on their last year. Thus, it's a thrilling feeling. Jeongyeon visits her friends in the university early in the morning instead of coming during lunch time like she usually does. She's having an off-day so she decided to stay in the council room while waiting for her friends who are still in class.

 

“Is Sana coming today?” Jihyo asked Nayeon because she went to the girl's house last night. After what happened yesterday, they become very worried of Sana when they heard the bad news about Jaebum. They all know how this could give a big impact to Sana's life so as her friends, they wanted to make sure that Sana is okay or at least will be okay again.

 

“She's not. I told her to take a day off from school.” Nayeon answered making the latter to respond with a nod.

 

Jihyo heard everything from Dahyun last night when she came to visit her in her room. They had a very long talk all night and Dahyun still couldn't stop crying as she was reminded by the pain. Of course, Jihyo felt really sorry for what happened. She tried her best to comfort her little sister by reassuring her that everything is going to be okay again. But honestly, Jihyo can only hope for it.

 

Dahyun decided not to skip school because she promised her friends to tell them of what happened yesterday. She also personally think that it is better to talk about it with them in detail by face to face. When she did, she didn't shed any tears anymore because she is stronger now as to what Tzuyu said to her.

 

“Hey, it's no one's fault so stop blaming yourself.” Chaeyoung reminded her, “It's just the timing is not right.”

 

Their first class end early as usual on every Thursday so the three friends decided to grab this chance to talk at their hangout place.

 

“Whatever happens, just remember that we're always here so don't worry.” Chaeyoung said again making their tall friend to nod in agreement.

 

“Thanks guys.” Dahyun will always remember that. Despite only knowing each other for a few weeks, the three friends already put trust with one another like they've been friends for a long time. The reason for this is simple, it's because the three of them are accepting each other's behavior really well. Of course there are times when they complain to one another like how they complain about Dahyun's bad sleeping habit in class that often cause the three of them trouble, although the truth is it's not Dahyun's fault because her two friends are the one who cannot hold their laughter, or how Chaeyoung complain about Tzuyu's never ending tease of her small body proportion causing Dahyun to complain to both of them for their endless quarrels. But this is what made them closer, these little things they shared is what made their bond to become even stronger and even secretly love each other more than anything.

 

On the opposite side of the lecture theaters area is the student council room where Jeongyeon is found lying on the long blue sofa with a comic book on her hand. She is reaching for her coke on the table next to her when she heard a sudden knock from outside the room. This cause the girl to sit straight up to open the door only to be greeted by her sister, one of the lecturer in the university, Miss Yoo.

 

“I heard from Nayeon you're going to be in here.” The older sister said when she meet Jeongyeon who is scratching the back of her head in front of her. Maybe it's due to the prolonged leaning against the sofa that made her head to be itchy.

 

“Well you found me.” Jeongyeon stopped her action and smiled as she let her sister in.

 

“What's wrong?” She asked while putting away her comic from the sofa to offer the seat to her sister so they can sit side by side.

 

“The event is just in a day. I figure that I should at least know how things are going.” The older girl told Jeongyeon while fixing the back of her little sister's hair that becomes a mess after the scratch.

 

“I see.” She nodded before she continued, “Unnie, you should come to the Core building with us later.”

 

Miss Yoo formed a surprised look on her face, “You... want me to be there?”

 

“Of course. You are the teacher after all.” Jeongyeon smiled again to her sister.

 

“But Jihyo is going to be there.” Miss Yoo's face expression changed. The older look uncertain and uncomfortable at the idea.

 

“Hey, we're all good now right?” Jeongyeon grab her sister's hand into hers, as she gave another reassurance smile.

 

“We are.” Miss Yoo smiled back. That's right, she thought. There's no use to hold grudge anymore.

 

The awaited lunch time is approaching; Nayeon and her endless finger tapping on the table like it is dancing to every tick from the clock shows how eager she is to end their class. Jihyo is focused with the lesson, staring on the screen in front of them while their lecturer is explaining. As expected from the school president, she is a true role model. On the other hand, Momo is half-sleeping with her hand on her chin battling with her own eyes while Mina is sitting beside her teasing the sleepyhead with her ball-pen by poking the blondie's cheek.

 

When the lecturer move to the next slide with an 'End' on it, Nayeon knew her waiting is coming to an end. The girl is so excited to go to the Core building to check the event for the last time before D-day. She straightened her body in an energized way when their lecturer had already stop talking. She grinned at Jihyo who is still packing her stuff, the latter only give her a shook on the head with a grin.

 

“Man, that was so tiring.” Momo complained when they had already started walking together to the foyer to meet Jeongyeon and their younger friends.

 

“You were sleeping the whole time, how are you still tired?” Nayeon jeered making Mina and Jihyo to laugh behind them. Her current mood is happy, everyone can tell that because she is getting very playful that she stuck her tongue out to the blonde hair before the latter even got the chance to capture her by the arm.

 

“I was half-sleeping, so I only have half energy!” Momo tried to defend herself, trying her best to chase the bunny teeth girl in front of her.

 

At the same time, Dahyun and her two friends came from the elevator and they laughed at the scene as soon as they are closer to them. Soon after that, their last friend came making it all complete to go together.

 

“Can't believe there's just one more day left. I'm so excited!” Nayeon exclaimed, locking arms with Jihyo who nodded with a big grin on .

 

“I hope everything is okay.” Jihyo said.

 

“It will be.” Jeongyeon passes by next to her with a smile.

 

As usual, they checked every place and make sure everything is there. There is actually nothing left to do anymore other than checking since everything is almost perfect already. Nayeon is just making an excuse to check everything again but her friends all know that the girl just wanted to come here to enjoy the view of the now finished event. What's left for the event is only waiting for people to come and participate in the festival which will happen in one more day. From Nayeon's bright face, Jihyo can tell how satisfied she is with their work for the past few weeks so the leader smiled at the sight of it.

 

The next day, Dahyun heard that Sana will be coming to school today so she decided to meet her during the only free time they have which is lunch time. Instead of running away from Sana after the girl break the news that she is someone else’s girlfriend, Dahyun knew she should be avoiding her because she also happened to make her break into tears. However to the younger girl, Sana is like a magnet that pulls her to her direction so even if she tried to avoid her, she will ended up looking back for her like she is under her spell.

 

During lunch time, the other girls gather at Jeongyeon's restaurant to grab meal together but Sana and Dahyun decided to stay at the rooftop feasting only with snacks because they both have no appetite for a heavy meal.

 

“Are you going to visit him again today?” Dahyun asked. The question is still sensitive for the two of them, but it's something that they cannot run away from. Plus, it's the only thing Dahyun thought that is relevant to Sana now.

 

“Yeah, right after school.” Sana is only playing with her cracker, breaking it into smaller pieces inside the package but is not eating it.

 

Dahyun her lower lip as it felt dry. It didn't change much so she grabbed the bottle next to her and drank the juice. She wiped with her hand before she passed it to Sana who is holding out her hand, asking for the bottle. Sana's small action surprised the younger girl although she is aware that it's not a big deal at all but it made her smile.

 

Indirect kiss, Dahyun smile at the thought as she remembered back the first time they had shared the same bottle. She looked at Sana who is gulping the cranberry juice from the bottle she drank moment ago. This means something to me, the younger girl grinned at her own thought again.

 

Everything seems more natural now between the two of them after what happened between them and this made them to be more comfortable with each other compare to before. Despite her fast heartbeat, Dahyun is now more relaxed when she talks to Sana or even when their eyes meet.

 

“Is he still in the same state?” Dahyun asked out of curiosity, breaking the very short silence.

 

Sana shook her head gently, “He's getting a lot worst now.” Her use of tone is getting sad, Dahyun can tell that so she decided to stop asking question and just nodded.

 

However, none of them talked after that causing another moment of silence but longer this time so Dahyun decided to break it again by starting a fresh conversation.

 

“So, the festival is tomorrow. I hope all our hard work will pay off.” Dahyun try to smile lightly at the older girl. Honestly she didn't know if this was good topic to bring up to Sana, but she risks it anyway.

 

“Yeah, I hope so too.” Sana manages to smile back making the younger girl to let out a short chuckle in relief. But no longer after that, her face dropped when she noticed that Sana's face is changing into a serious expression.

 

“Dahyun...” She begins slowly making the younger girl to turn her head with a “Hmm?”

 

“If anything happens, will you really stay by my side?” Sana asked with a concern look that can be seen from her sad eyes.

 

“Always.” Dahyun answered right away. “For always no matter what happen.” She said with confidence. She wanted the older girl to trust her. It won't hurt you if you could just trust me on this one, Dahyun's eyes said to the older girl. The words from Dahyun's eyes seem to delivered to her as she nodded as a respond.

 

“Okay.” The older girl smiled. When they exchange smiles to each other, Dahyun hesitantly gave Sana her hand, holding it out in front of her as she waits for her to grab it. It brings joy to Dahyun as her heart fluttered when Sana took her hand in a flash and even tightened the grip between their hands. Dahyun starts rubbing her thumb gently in a circle motion on Sana's small hand. This touch, this grip, this hand. Dahyun loved it so much that she didn't want to let go of it. I want to hold it forever.

 

That night before the mini festival begin, Sana is sitting next to her window inside her room. Her knees are close to her chest while her head is staring at the outside, looking at the bright moon above her head. She couldn't sleep even though she knew it was getting late already. Obviously it is pass her bed time because no matter how much she force herself to sleep, she ended up getting up from the bed and only start pacing back and forth in front of her bed.

 

Her thoughts is bothering her, and her feelings isn’t helping at all too because she felt a roller coaster of emotions mixed together inside her heart. Tired of her own thoughts, she grabbed her phone and swiped through her contacts. What am I doing? It's already late. No one is going to answer my call, she thought as she threw her phone back to her bed.

 

She walked back to her seating place to continue her stargaze, but her phone's ringtone surprised her which make her stop on her tracks.

 

Who is calling at this late hour? Sana's eyes widened at the thought while walking back to her bed to take her phone.

 

Unfortunately, it is not the person who she expected it to be or at least the person she hoped to call. The name on the screen didn't start with K so it disappoints her. However, the name is making her heart beat nervously.

 

“Hello doctor.” She said as soon as she is on the line.

 

“Miss Minatozaki,” The doctor's tone of voice is a sign of bad news, it's too obvious for Sana but part of her hopes for the other way round. “It's time.” He announced, only breaking Sana's little hope into pieces.

 

“The time has come.” The doctor repeats again. Just like that, Sana is lost from the world because her surrounding is turning fuzzy before it slowly fades to black. Not only her vision is affected, but her hearing is also deaden making only muffle sounds. She becomes unbalanced with her own body weight causing her shaky legs to hit the floor with a loud thud. With her head starts spinning around, it makes her vision worsen to become more unclear and darkened. Not even a second later, her head fell on the carpet in front of her bed. Everything turned pitch black and her mind for once had stopped running.

 

Sana becomes unconscious, lying on the floor alone in her room.

 

“Miss Minatozaki?!” The voice muffled from the small gadget which is just in front of the fainting girl.

 

“This is not good.” The doctor is panicking after the strange call with the patient's girlfriend. “I need the patient's file.” He told the nurse who is standing beside him, and received it right away. He flipped to a few pages before he start ordering the nurse again. “Send an ambulance to this address.” He said while pointing at Sana's address.

 

“What's going on?” Jaebum's father asked when he noticed the doctor pacing back and forth with a worried face.

 

“I'm afraid Miss Minatozaki has fallen unconscious after she received the news.” The doctor said, making the elder man to be terrified at yet another bad news.

 

“Oh no, there is no one with her. She lives alone.” Mr. Im said worriedly.

 

“I know, I am aware of that. I've already sent an ambulance. All that's left is to wait.” He reassured him.

 

When the ambulance came, the medic tried to get a response from Sana when they knocked on the door. But to no avail, there was no response because the girl is still lying on the floor. So, the medical team had no choice but to crash Sana's house by knocking down the main door as it was initially locked. As soon as they step inside, the medical team separated to search for the unconscious girl and even called her name a few times for a response.

 

“She's in here!” Luckily, a female medic found her inside her room. She immediately checked for Sana's pulse and her breathing with the help of her comrade. “She's not breathing.” Thus, the female medic proceeds to perform CPR by pressing her chest and delivering rescue breaths along with her defibrillator. However, the open airway procedure didn't work because Sana is still not moving her chest on her own. So the medic tried again with another attempt but failed drastically. The female medic is already sweating a lot but she didn't give up yet so she tries again for the third time which will be the last try. She took a deep breath as she uttered, “Come on Miss, don't lose us.” Her sweat on her forehead is slightly visible now. “Come on!” She pleads with all of her energy, pressing Sana's chest with her hands to open the airway.

 

A loud cough stopped the medic from doing what she has been doing for the past few minutes. Sana regained her consciousness back as she can start breathing again. It made all of the medics in the room to sigh in relief.

 

“She's still weak, we need to bring her to the hospital.” The female medic said.

 

Inside the ambulance where they are on their way to the hospital, Sana is still feeling drowsy after the faint. Her head hurts the most which is most likely due to the fall. So, she tried closing her eyes to decrease the pain but the darkness scared her which only made her tears to drop. She is in a weak state with her mind suddenly becoming empty. The only thing that she can think of right now is her boyfriend's bad news which automatically sends an aching feeling inside her heart.

 

She was admitted to the hospital with a concussion, thus she needs to be treated before she can see her boyfriend. It took her 4 hours of rest before she is finally in a better state. She missed the moment where Jaebum's life support is being removed. When she came inside his room full of his relatives, Jaebum had already stop breathing with his face covered with the white fabric material. Sana's legs become all wobbly again but she manages to walk pass by the few people in the room before she land herself beside Jaebum, crying to her heart content at the sight of her boyfriend.

 

He is gone, Sana cried with the rest of his family.

 

That night itself despite being already late, his family decide to held a postmortem for Jaebum before transferring him to the mortuary and start his funeral tomorrow early in the morning.

 

Sana went back to her room as instructed by her doctor because the girl is still in treatment process. It is also for her own sake too because who know what might have happened if she is left alone in her house again. She is still not in a very good shape especially after her loss.

 

The next day come, Sana finally contacted her friend informing Jihyo about Jaebum's death as well as to tell her that she will not be going to the mini festival event as she has to attend Jaebum's funeral. Jihyo was shocked to hear this news, she asked multiple times if Sana is going to be okay on her own and the latter reassured her that she will be fine. As expected, her friends understood and felt sorry for her loss when they got the news from Jihyo. The event is not starting yet, but all of them had arrived for their last preparation. They were sitting at the round table when Jihyo announced the bad news, seemingly like they were eating breakfast together or more like early morning snack.

 

“Dahyun, where are you going?” Chaeyoung asked, all of them wanted to ask the same question too when they saw Dahyun rushing herself to leave.

 

“I can't let her be alone. I promised her I'll stay by her side.” Dahyun told them. No one is stopping her except for Jihyo who only spoke to offer her for a ride to go there. Jihyo understand so well the reason for her sister's act because she knows her own sister, Dahyun. She know how worried Dahyun is for Sana, no she is sure that Dahyun is probably the most worried for Sana right now so she try what she could to help the younger girl.

 

“Call me if anything happens.” Jihyo said when they arrived, Dahyun nodded as she immediately left the car to run inside the white glass building.

 

At the hospital lobby, Dahyun tried calling for Sana's phone but the only response was an 'engage'. Maybe it was just her luck or again, it's fate that not even a minute after her failed call, she found the older girl standing beside a vending machine with a water bottle in her hand. She saw the girl passing the bottle to the elder lady who seems to be in her fifties whom Dahyun remembered, it is Jaebum's mother. Without wasting any more time, she quickly ran towards them and not forgetting to greet formally. With a sorrowful look on her face, she shares the same grief with them.

 

“I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sending all my condolences to the whole family.” Dahyun said making the elder woman to smile in tears.

 

“Thank you young lady. You must be Sana's friend.” Mrs. Im responded. Dahyun nodded and introduced her name with a 90 degree bow.

 

After the introduction, Sana who is standing beside the elder woman finally spoke.

 

“Excuse us for a moment.” She said as she grabs Dahyun's hand with her. They move to somewhere quieter where there is only the two of them.

 

“Dahyun, what are you doing here?” Sana asked. It's just a question but it hurt Dahyun's heart a little.

 

“I'm not the type who didn't stay true to her promise.” Dahyun told Sana causing the older girl to raise her one eyebrow. “I promised to be by your side.” She said again.

 

Sana gently forms a smile on . After exchanging a few smile and eye contact, the two girls went back to Jaebum's mother. The funeral starts right after when all of their family has arrived. Thankfully, Dahyun dressed formally today with a dark brown color so she didn't feel out of place. During the funeral, everything went smoothly. Everyone is crying profusely at their loss except for Dahyun who busy herself holding Sana. As promised, Dahyun was there by Sana's side all the time as she let the older girl to bury her face on her chest.

 

“He is really gone now, Dahyun.” Sana manages to say during her battle of breathing normally, with her eyes shedding non-stop tears to flow down her face.

 

“He is in heaven now, rest in peace.” Dahyun tried comforting but of course that didn't stop the older girl from sobbing so she just continued on caressing her head softly in front of her.

 

A few more minutes, the mini festival event will be starting but it doesn't matter to them because they are in a place where everyone is mourning over their precious one's funeral. Another hours passed quickly just like a click on the finger, Jaebum's funeral is getting quieter now as a lot of their family members had left to go home. The only ones left are Jaebum's parents and a few relatives, and of course Sana together with Dahyun.

 

“Young lady, you should take Sana home. She's been here since last night.” Mrs. Im said to Dahyun who is hugging Sana from beside while rubbing her arm as a comfort.

 

“Alright Mrs. Im.” Dahyun nodded as she start grabbing Sana's arm onto her shoulder, trying her best to carry the older girl's weight to make her stand.

 

“Come on, Sana. You need to wash your face.” Dahyun said and the latter followed, making it easier for Dahyun to bring her outside to the rest room.

 

Sana is getting weak after using so much of her energy on crying that she stumbled on the ground when they were walking out from the place to the rest room. Fortunately, there is Dahyun sticking beside her like glue all the time and made sure the older girl is not hurt when she almost fell. Because Sana can barely walk by herself now, Dahyun had to continue carrying the girl by the shoulder and use all her energy to bear with the weight. She didn't complain for her struggle but she is really glad to arrive at their destination.

 

“Hold on.” Dahyun said as she use her other free hand to drag the chair she found leaning against the wall outside of the rest room.

 

“There you go, sit here.” She panted, making sure Sana is sitting comfortably at the chair near to the sink. Dahyun wiped her sweat from her forehead, stretched her back a little before she cupped her hands to get the water to help Sana wash her face.

 

Sana's cry is now getting calmer but that doesn't change the fact that she is still sad. Dahyun bends forward to the older girl and place her hand on the older girl's jaw, slowly grabbing it closer to her face before she form a gentle smile on her lip.

 

“You have to let those eyes rest for a while because it's getting puffier like a marshmallow.” Dahyun said to Sana. Matter of fact, Dahyun was right because Sana's eyes are not only puffed but it is getting so red too. Sana only gulped at the remark, she suddenly felt a little nervous with the close interaction she had with Dahyun. She has been crying for so long that she forgot Dahyun is still there with her. When she realized the younger girl's presence again, she felt like she is put in a trance from her magic spell that surprisingly helped her wash away her sadness just by simply looking at her face. Something else is on her mind now when she stared on the younger girl's lip. Dahyun caught Sana looking at her lip so she just bit her lower lip making the older girl to gulp even harder this time.

 

Dahyun felt the urge to shorten the distance between them so she places her forehead onto the other's forming a soft thud when she knocks her head slowly to Sana. She is still bending but it didn't hurt her because her hands are on the back of the chair, balancing herself with her own body weight. Sana froze there with her eyes now glued to Dahyun's sparkly eyes. Has it always been this sparkly? She thought as she is now lost to her eyes. Then she felt a hand climbing up her neck to her face, the hand belongs to Dahyun of course as she is gently moving her face even closer to the older girl. Their noses touched and their lips are just one part away from each other.

 

“Dahyun.” Sana breathed, staring at Dahyun's lip that is just an inch away from her now.

 

“I...” Sana's heart is suddenly beating so fast, faster like it never been. “I'm not ready.”

 

Dahyun stopped her movement and pulled her face a little to the back with their foreheads still attached, making them still close to each other. She forms another yet again sweet smile to Sana.

 

“It's alright. I will wait for you.” She said as she broke the contact and starts cupping Sana's face, still smiling at her.

 

“Even if it takes a lot of months or year.” Dahyun told the girl. “I will stay here and wait for you.”