02 OPEN UP TO ME

Save Me, I'm Not Fine

I'm certain of this feeling. I know what it is the first time I met you. I was sure of it. I'm in love with you at first sight. I've never been so determined before, I've never been so dedicated towards something. Am I crazy? Is this real? This feeling, is it real?

 

Dahyun went back to her friends and tell them to get ready for the tour. It's strange, she thought to herself, how can she be so weak in front of Sana. Her heart is still beating at a fast rate after talking to her, and her mind is still running wild after Sana ignored her previous question. Was I wrong? Did I cross the boundary? She thought. It's a dissatisfaction, a rejection feeling. All she ever want is to talk more with her. She wanted to get more closer. It's her first attempt but it's a failure, so she felt disappointed.

She watched her from a distance, as she guide the group to their last destination. She notice that Sana had tie her shiny black hair into a bun when their tour start again. It's sunny outside with radiating heat, she must have felt hot, Dahyun thought. Her hair that contrast with her feminine white blouse, she can see a wet mark around her back, that's when she knew that she was right. Her pale cream skinny trouser with black flat sandal, she thought that Sana look very beautiful. Unknowingly, she form a smile.

At the end of the tour, Dahyun is standing at the very back of her group as Sana congratulate and welcome them to the university before she leave. Dahyun has been making a distance from her during the last tour. She doesn't want Sana to hate her even more after what happened, so she decided to stay away. When everyone start scattering, Dahyun with hesitation finally made up her mind to ran to Sana who is already quite too far from where she is.

 

Miss Sana!” She called out her name, making her to turn her face. She's not too far away from her now but Dahyun approach her more closer.

 

Hey,” She panted, with her heart that start beating faster again. Despite from running, her heart beat for other reason. Sana bit her lower lip, as she see the same familiar smile forming on Dahyun's face. Part of her is delighted to see her again but she hid her happiness.

 

Yes? Do you have any question regarding the tour?” Sana asked Dahyun, who is now standing a bit too close to her.

 

No, I just want to say something.” She told her. Sana didn't respond, she just waited.

 

I'm sorry.” Dahyun said, taking another surprising action that make Sana startled again. “I'm sorry if I offend you in any way today, I didn't mean to.” Now it's Dahyun's turn to bit her lip, waiting for Sana's reply.

 

I'm sorry too...” Sana slowly began, “For the same reason.”

 

Dahyun smiled, even bigger and brighter than the usual. Her pure and innocent smile suddenly hit Sana's thought, this beautiful smile belongs to Dahyun no matter how much it resembles her boyfriend's smile. Sana smiled back, genuinely this time and not just a light smile. It's the first time ever since the incident. Dahyun is beyond happy from witnessing it. For her, it's the first time too, seeing Sana smiled today. She felt like she made a great achievement so she becomes more determined, she want to see more of it in the future. She want to make the girl smile again.

12:00 pm, it's lunch time.

 

Are you, um busy? I mean it's lunch time. Do you, maybe want to grab lunch together?” Dahyun asked, her cheek reddened like a soft pinkish cotton. She rub the nape of her neck while staring at the floor. She is shy, Sana noticed. A sudden flashback started to play on her mind, back to when Jaebum is still standing and healthy.

 

/Flashback start/

 

It really suits you! You look like a gentleman right now!” Sana exclaimed while taking endless pictures of her boyfriend who is wearing a smart black tuxedo.

 

Come here closer, stop taking pictures.” Jaebum chuckled softly with his hand gesturing to her. Sana took another last photo before she threw herself onto Jaebum for an embrace. He wrapped his arm around her, rest his chin on top of Sana's head and sniff her lavender shampoo scent. Sana felt warm by her boyfriend's hug, she lean on his chest and noticed that he is not wearing a necktie yet.

 

Now for the necktie,” Sana broke the hug. She went to the necktie section from the male's boutique. “Would you prefer necktie or a bow-tie?” She asked him.

 

Anything you choose is fine to me.” Jaebum smiled.

 

Sana choose a red polka dot bow-tie, “Is this okay?” She showed him.

 

If you like it, then yes.” Jaebum answered, his smile that never fades from his face always reassured Sana that this man really trust her.

 

I like it, it makes you look like a puppy.” Sana giggled. She isn't sure if she made a good comparison but she did it for fun.

 

No, puppy look like me.” Jaebum corrected her, going along with his girlfriend's nonsense.

 

When Sana had finished tying the bow-tie around Jaebum's neck, her eyes begun to glittered. An endless compliment is thrown to Jaebum which made him shy, as he rub the nape of his neck with a pink blush painted on his cheeks.

 

/End of Flashback/

 

She remind me of him again, Sana thought as she looked at the shy Dahyun who is still staring at the floor.

 

I brought lunch with me though.” Sana told her.

 

Same!” She responded quickly. “But I don't have anyone to eat with. My friends are already leaving.” She continued, sounding a little sad.

 

Sana nodded, “Okay then. I'll wait for you at the main entrance.”

 

Sana was about to leave when Dahyun grabbed her from the sleeve, stopping her. “Why don't we just go together?”

 

Is she afraid that I might lie and leave her? Is she having trust issue? Sana thought.

 

It's not that I don't trust you, I just want to be with you at all time. I don't care if I'm being clingy. Dahyun thought to herself.

 

Okay, but I have to report to the student council member first.” Sana told her. “Are you okay with that?”

 

Yeah it's fine.” Dahyun answered with a smile.

 

The environment inside the building is quieter now, as many students have left for their lunch. The building suddenly look spacious with fewer people walking around. Dahyun still couldn't believe the fact that she is going to a prestigious school. This enormous school will be the start of her career, she thought as she followed Sana to the elevator. And this girl in front of me will be my senior whom I will be seeing a lot. I hope, Dahyun smiled at her own thought. Sana scan her student ID before going inside the elevator, where she stumble upon her friends.

 

Oh Sana, there you are.” Momo said. Her eyes widened when she caught the sight of the pretty light haired girl. She begin to raise her eyebrows to Sana.

 

We're leaving for lunch, do you want to join?” Mina asked, who is standing beside Momo.

 

Yeah, you can bring your friend too.” Momo smirked.

 

Dahyun prayed for Sana to reject the offer, because she secretly want to be alone with Sana and Dahyun is shy that she might be awkward in front of her seniors. Sana can sense what Momo had in mind, she knew her friend all too well. So even before Dahyun is praying to god, Sana already decided to reject their offer.

 

That's alright, you guys can go without me.” Sana replied. She went inside the elevator with Dahyun scurrying next to her like a child. Dahyun looked at the girl next to her, and realized that her senior is taller than her.

 

Alright then, see you!” Mina said just in time before the door closed.

 

Why didn't you go with them?” Dahyun asked. Sana expect this question from her, she begin to know Dahyun a little bit. When she knew her expectation was right, she form a quick smile on her face, so quick that Dahyun couldn't catch to see it.

 

Because I don't want you to feel awkward.” She answered. This made Dahyun flattered at the thought of Sana thinking of her.

 

Once they arrived at the fourth floor, Sana walked along the corridor and turn left to the very end of the room.

 

Student Council Room, Dahyun read the tag on the outside of the door inside her head. She's never been in the room yet, there were no tour for it. She remember they were just passing by during the tour. Sana knock on the door before entering, Dahyun followed.

 

I'm here to report.” Sana said to the president.

 

Ah, so this is your room? I forgot that you are the school president.” Dahyun laughed. Sana looked at her with her eyebrows furrowed.

 

Dahyun? What are you doing here?” Jihyo asked. Then Sana remembered this morning when Dahyun asked for Jihyo. They must have known each other, she thought.

 

I came here with Miss Sana.” Dahyun answered, pointing her thumb to Sana.

 

So you've two met. I've been wanting to introduce her to you, Sana.” Jihyo smiled as she stood up in front of them. She continued, “This is Kim Dahyun, my step sister.”

 

Step sister?” Sana asked. She didn't know her friend's father is remarried. The student council members are all close friends, they always share everything together among themselves whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. Why didn't I know about this? Sana asked herself inside her head.

 

Yeah. It happened after the incident, that's why you didn't know because I couldn't tell you. It's not a good timing at that moment.” Jihyo explained.

 

I see.” Sana understand.

 

So the reason why I want to introduce her to you,” Jihyo continued while grabbing Dahyun's shoulders, “Is because she will be your assistant from now on.”

 

Assistant? Me?” Dahyun point at herself, turning her head to Jihyo. She didn't know anything about her ideas.

 

Yes. Because Sana, you've been overworking yourself a lot so I thought that you might need a full help and support from Dahyun.” Jihyo explained again.

 

But she's still a first year.” Sana remind her.

 

I know, but I trust Dahyun. She can be a good help, trust me on that one.” Jihyo told her.

 

Okay.” Sana replied without arguing back.

 

Now time for the report.” Jihyo went back to her seat.

 

It's going smoother than I thought. It's like the world is finally helping me to get close to Sana. But I am aware that I have other challenges. Her uality is, Dahyun thought to herself while walking out from the building with Sana leading in front of her. They are going to Sana's car which she parked next to the tall tree across the building.

 

Is it okay if we just eat at a park?” Sana asked once she start her car engine.

 

Yeah sure, I've been wanting to go to the park.” Dahyun sound excited.

 

The drive is accompanied with music playing from the car radio, Dahyun hummed to the song as she personally like the song, 'Melting' by TWICE.

 

Dahyun initiate the conversation, “I really like this song. It's so refreshing and calming.”

 

Do you like them?” Sana asked, trying to continue the conversation.

 

Yeah I do. I think they're cute.” Dahyun respond back, still sounding excited.

 

I see.” Sana replied.

 

It was just another short conversation, while the rest of the journey was accompanied by the radio and Dahyun's humming. Little did she know that they have arrived at the park.

 

Let's find a shady area.” Dahyun lead the way as soon as they stepped out from the car. They found a good spot just under the tree with a wooden bench, near the fountain. There are birds chirping around the fountain, and flew away when the two of them passes by.

 

Sana have kimbap, egg roll and fruits inside her lunchbox. She took out her chopstick and start eating her lunch. On the other hand, Dahyun brought curry rice for her lunch. The two of them were so quiet when they were eating, they were so focus with their food. Sana finally looked up to Dahyun, she divide her egg roll into half and offer it to Dahyun.

 

Would you like some egg roll?” She asked her.

 

Yes please. Thank you Miss Sana.” Dahyun said.

 

Sana waved her hand with her chopstick, making Dahyun to face her. After swallowing her food, Sana start talking.

 

Just call me Sana. You can drop the formalities now.” She told Dahyun.

 

Another big achievement, Dahyun thought as she smile to Sana.