the notebook

jeongcheol imagines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

yes! i am still alive!

 

genre: fluff

 

8 year old jeongcheol

 

--

 

Jeonghan has always feared being alone. Whenever he's alone, the other kids bully him because he has nobody else to depend on. But he was sad, so he opted to be alone. He was always sad on Fridays for some reason.

 

"Hey, if it ain't the gay Rapunzel again." Jeonghan's eyes were shrouded with anxiety. The bullies found him. He thought nobody would ever find him in this spot.

 

One, two, three. There were three of them. And one of him.

 

"What do you want?" A sob came out of the boy's lips. He was tired of constantly being bullied because of his long hair.

 

"We want to cut your hair." The other bully spoke up, and the third one got a pair of scissors from his pocket.

 

"If you want to cut my hair then find a wig instead. I'm reporting you to the mistress." Jeonghan stood up, brushing his worn out clothes and tying up his hair in a ponytail to protect it.

 

"Aww. You really are a snitch. Gay rapunzel's a snitch. Why don't you call your mommy to come pick you up from this hell, huh?" The three bullies began lurking forward, with one of them threatening Jeonghan with the pair of scissors.

 

Jeonghan realized that he was not gonna get bullied. Not today. Not ever.

 

He mustered up all his courage in his lithe body and started to charge towards them.

 

"Looks like gaypunzel got a little feisty."

 

And that was it. Jeonghan lost his patience and began punching each of them in the stomach. The first two bullies lied down on the floor, clutching their sore abdomens, but he didn't punch the third one hard enough.

 

The bully with the scissors yanked Jeonghan's hair and used it to whisk him around the place. Jeonghan cried and yowled at the pain, they had never treated him like this before.

 

"Stop! Just stop, please! You're hurting me!"

 

Jeonghan was pushed down to the ground, his hair a total mess. The bully was also pushed down to the ground.

 

Another small child of Jeonghan's age was standing right in front of them. He has big puppy eyes, jet black hair, and milky white skin.

 

"Fresh meat." The other bully who was lying down on the floor said. He slowly stood up, still clutching his stomach.

 

"Let's go get him." And the bullies' attention went from Jeonghan to the new puppy-eyed boy.

 

But Jeonghan's scalp felt sore. It felt like his hair was about to fall out any minute. He was thankful this boy diverted their attention, but he also wanted to help him no matter how painful his head was throbbing.

 

It was a flurry of limbs as the four kids fought with each other. The new boy seemed to know nothing about martial arts, so he just messily threw some kicks and punches here and there. However, the bullies were bigger than him in stature so they easily got the upper hand in the fight.

 

Jeonghan struggled to stand up as the bullies left a very badly bruised boy behind. "I'm sorry you got into this." He sobbed. He was crying again.

 

The boy didn't speak. He just stayed silent. But he was looking at Jeonghan with those powerful eyes.

 

"I'm Jeonghan." Jeonghan said, inching closer to the boy. "I arrived here when I was three years old. Five years ago. You?"

 

The boy just stared at him and reached out his hand for Jeonghan's hair. Jeonghan flinched and slowly backed away. But the boy's eyes showed gentleness and concern and all the positive things in the world, so Jeonghan found himself closing his own eyes as he braced for human contact with his hair.

 

The boy his hair tenderly, and pushed some stray strands behind Jeonghan's ear. He removed the ponytail to smoothen out some knots in the hair and also to it again, longer this time.

 

Jeonghan was appalled at the action, he has never been treated like this before. He has accumulated a lot of bullies because of his hair. They all wanted to yank it away from his scalp, but this boy was different.

 

Then the boy took out something from his little backpack. A notebook. He began to write down something quickly, and flashed the page afterwards.

 

Your hair is so beautiful. Jeonghan read.

 

Then the boy started scribbling another note.

 

I'm Seungcheol by the way.

 

Jeonghan, with his eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter