A heart road

Dandelion & Heart Road

“Sorry, I’m off for business trip” Eunjung says , trying to hide her annoy

“Oh, I didn’t know that” James sounds surprised

“It was sudden and I knew it the last minute” Eunjung manages to explain though

“I guess so, you were always well-planned” James says what he knows

“I was scheduled for this trip anyway, so it was just sooner” Eunjung said

“So when are you coming back?” James asks

“I guess tomorrow” Eunjung answers

“I’ll see you then" James tries to arrange a plan

“James, I gotta hang up now, meeting with some people” Eunjung says

“Sure, I’ll talk to you later, take care”

“You too, see you in Seoul”

“Miss you babe”

The line is cut abruptly

“What is wrong with her lately?” James talks to himself before putting his phone away and sits down on sofa.

He is massaging his temple wearily, has been thinking too much these day, so much bothering him.

“You look so stressful today” A pair of hands are massaging on his shoulder.

“Quite a bit” James is closing his eyes enjoying the massage

“New company setup?” A voice asked

“Yep much to it, so much trouble, my father is not going to approve the credit I requested for” He sighs

“And why is that?” Surprised sound is obvious

“He said it’s risky for lawyer with my experience to start large scale company” He heaves a long sigh

“Thought your father has a strong faith in you” A light squeeze on the shoulder makes James know that the person behind his back is feeling bad for him

“Don’t worry I’ll get it done one way or another, do you believe in me Chansung ?” James puts his hand above another hand on his shoulder

“I believe you can do it” A guy called by the name Chansung cheers up

“This is my dream and I’ll make sure it happen” James says determinedly

“ I could never be more proud of you” Chansung grapes James’s hand

“Will you hate me if I have to use our last card to raise some fund?” James kisses a hand

“Don’t tell me you are going to ask your girlfriend for capital?” Hwang Chansung crosses his brow

“It’s not the right time to be jealous” James smiles

“If I was, I would have let you dated her from the start and bear it this long” Chansung climbs up on sofa

“I thank you for that” James smiles at his lover.

“I know life is hard, we are who we are and we can’t change it” Chansung looked at James in the eyes before bending forward to give him a kiss.

Yes , life is hard especially with their profession at law which is required a lot of credibility and trust, James Ma and Hwang Chansung are the good example. They fell in love since they were studying at the same law school overseas, and entered to career life at the same company, none of their coworkers would even have a split of thought thinking that James, a charming lawyer and Hwang Chansung, a shy, attorney in their group that they have been hanging out for years, would have something going between them, no one would ever imagined they were couple .

“Please be patient with me, I promise we won’t have to be like this forever” James looks at his boyfriend’s eyes.

“Don’t ask me to be patient with you, I know you have sacrificed so much for us, I’ll always support you” Chansung rested his head on his boyfriend’s forehead.

“Once we get everything we need, then we won’t have to hide anymore” James assures.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Do you think Eunjung will be back soon?” Hyomin is sitting in front of the fireplace in the wooden log cabin which serves as their family vacation house. They used to come here often back when they were younger, but after that nightmare accident, they never made it back again. Despite the horrible memory that keeps Hyomin from ever thinking about driving again, this place held so many sweet memories too, and Hyomin knows Eunjung escaping here all alone time to time when she gets so stressful from work and needs time for herself. Hyomin smiles looking back at those memories, a white old dog is moving a little as he lifts his head up, he is so old now from when they last came, Hyomin is more surprised that he is still alive, he was a puppy when Eunjung and Hyomin were teenagers .

“You will never understand” Hyomin, wrapped in a blanket , smiles at the cute puffy friendly creature who makes his way back to see them after a long time, time to time she looks out of the window checking for a sight of Eunjung’s car, but there is nothing yet.

“Humans are so complicated, so as love is” Hyomin is talking to the white dog that can only flip his ears in response.

It has been a few hours since Eunjung and Hyomin had breakfast together then Eunjung had to leave her alone at the house to take care the strike situation going in the community to protest the supermarket chain in their town, Hyomin asked if she could go along, but older woman didn’t let her, given a reason that if they were seen together then it might raise a question, though she wasn't happy, but finally she gave in to Eunjung’s reason . Hyomin stays and is waiting boringly for the latter to come back. Looking out of a foggy window, the weather outside is getting colder, and Hyomin just hopes Eunjung would be back soon, being out in the cold weather calming down a group of protester, Hyomin worries that Eunjung may catch cold.

It is around 20 minutes later when the faint sound of cracking door makes Hyomin turn her head to the door instinctively, and upon seeing a figure appearing, Hyomin warmly smiles at a person she was waiting for but when Eunjung comes closer to her, Hyomin's smile turns to frown, it then worried expression spreads across her face, she quickly gets up from her cozy spot dropping the blanket which was wrapped around her on the floor, Hyomin swiftly walks to Eunjung and checks on her.

“What did happen?” Hyomin asks worriedly, she gasps upon seeing Eunjung’s face, scratches are seen, blood sipping from her face.

" Nothing to worry I'm fine" Eunjung tries to walk past Hyomin

" Nothing to worry?" Hyomin repeats in disbelief

“Nah , just a little thing to deal with” Eunjung forces a smile, her brown trench coat is now drained with dirty stuff, eggs strain and also wet with water, her forehead has a fresh cut and scratches which it is obvious that objects were thrown to her face.

“Little thing? I don’t think so , this is too much” Hyomin is getting mad for whoever did this to Eunjung.

“Well , there was an issue alright? I got thing handled, and that matters” Eunjung acts like she doesn’t care

" Who did this to you?" Hyomin can't control her emotion seeing Eunjung like this " Those protesters?"

" They are not worth it" Eunjung shakes her head, insulting is in her tone.

“Whoever did this to you, must pay for it, I’m not going to let them get away for harming you physically” Hyomin’s blood is boiling, she checks on Eunjung’s slight bleeding forehead with her aching heart.

“I’m alright, no worries” Eunjung grabs Hyomin’s hand to prevent her from touching it.

“How can you say you are alright?” Hyomin breaks free from Eunjung’s grab, tending to a cut.

“Look, I’m okay” Eunjung tries to walk away, but Hyomin’s grab her arm

“And you expect me to be okay seeing you like this?” Hyomin asks, feeling hurt.

“I’ll get myself cleaned up, be back soon, we will talk later” Eunjung removes Hyomin’s hand off her arm, heading to bedroom for shower.

“If someone did this to me, would you just stay still and be fine with it?” Hyomin asks, Eunjung stops at her track.

“I’ll never let it happen and I’ll protect you from it” Eunjung says, back is facing Hyomin.

Hyomin watches Eunjung walking up the stair to a second floor bedroom, the older woman does not look back and Hyomin can only sigh.

“Then how am I supposed to protect you?” Hyomin whispers.

Acting strong in front of Hyomin, that what Eunjung has been doing all her life, as someone older between the two, Eunjung always feels so responsible and wants to protect Hyomin despite being just a woman. As kid, Hyomin always admired Eunjung and was so proud of everything the older girl did, from sport, study and her multiple talents, younger girl looked up to older girl as her hero, she told all her friends how awesome Eunjung was, Hyomin listened to everything Eunjung told her and did as told.

Feeling self-important, Eunjung grows a habit of being possessive and controlling over Hyomin , has been telling younger woman what to do in her life from kid till growing up, sometimes she is even fussy about little things that make Hyomin feels uncomfortable walking straightly ona way that Eunjung draws for her, even though Hyomin does not always favor nor agree on everything Eunjung guides her, Hyomin has listened and followed Eunjung’s instruction anyway, because she doesn't want to fight with Eunjung, she can’t afford to see Eunjung being mad and not talk to her, most of all she loves her. And the only reason Eunjung has been doing all of these, is because she cares and loves the younger woman, the love that is too much yet uncontrollable.

 

Touching a fresh cut on her face, Eunjung was beyond furious when she was dealing with local protestors, she felt humiliated being verbal attacked and physically harming when local villagers started to throw stuff at her, against their supermarket project in the community, but she couldn’t give up, she couldn’t fail, Eunjung had her way to gain sympathy so she let they did what they wanted, satisfied with their anger, Eunjung started to use her weapon persuading people when their hearts got softer, it didn’t take long until she could convince them and won their heart, she got thing under control.

 

“Let’s me check” A slim hand gently reaches out to touch a small wound as Eunjung is sitting

“I’m alright” Eunjung looks up to see a worried stare from a woman she loves

“It almost hit your eye” Hyomin is holding band aid and examining whether there is elsewhere to cover with band aid

“Don’t worry, it will heal very soon” Eunjung grabs Hyomin’s wrist, reassuring.

“I don’t understand you, Eunjung” Hyomin utters, half angry, half confused

“Please don’t give me that look” Eunjung loves to see Hyomin caring about her but not sympathizes

“It’s not like you to stand there and let people harm you” Hyomin slightly shakes her head in disbelief, she puts one band aid plaster on small scratch

“Do you know this, no pain, no gain ?” Eunjung asks, letting the younger woman taking care of the cut

“That’s not even worth it” Hyomin argues, busy covering Eunjung’s cut on forehead

“This is what it takes to make it succeed” Eunjung says

“You’ll never know if something worse would happen” Hyomin is not a negative type of person but she can’t help thinking of worse possibility

“In business world, if you don’t challenge then you’ll never grow” Eunjung reasons. “ Nothing is far worse than losing opportunity” she adds.

“Call me stupid, but I don’t care about your business thingy” Hyomin stops what she is doing.

“It’s all worth to get a business deal done” Eunjung insists her own way.

“Not when you see someone you love putting herself in danger just for business deal” Hyomin impatiently rants it out.

“Hyomin ah, believe me I’m fine” Eunjung pulls Hyomin to sit down.

“Is this a reason why you didn’t let me go with you?” Hyomin feels bad realizing this.

“I didn’t have to worry much when I got more to deal with” Eunjung reveals

“How can uncle just let you deal with such a mess ?” Hyomin feels disappointed

“He knows I’m gonna be able to handle it” Eunjung says confidently

“ That’s not the most ideal idea I can assure” Hyomin disagrees

“My father is going to be proud of me, he trusts in me” Eunjung smiles proudly

Once again Hyomin shakes her head tiredly. This is Eunjung that Hyomin knows for almost all her life, yet can’t comprehend her sometimes. To Hyomin, Eunjung’s heart is just like heart road where Hyomin seems to be walking on it, yet unable to see the end of it, and there is no way to return. Looking promising yet impossible.

Flashback ~ 9 years ago

Waking up fatigue and dizzy, Hyomin found herself in a hotel room where Eunjung was sitting at the end of the bed in awkward position, playing back the scene in her head, Hyomin bit her lips hard.

“Eunjung unnie” Hyomin called weakly

“How are you feeling?” Startled, Eunjung climbed back to the bed

“I feel dizzy” Hymin massaged her temple

“It can be the drug effect” Eunjung looked worried , Hyomin looked back into Eunjung’s eyes.

“ Eunjung unnie” Hyomin called again, then she paused, Eunjung anticipated

“Did we really?” Hyomin asked hesitantly, Eunjung lowered her head, ashamed to answer.

“I’m sorry” Eunjung finally spoke after few minutes of being quiet. Hyomin tried to get up but felt so painful, still she managed to reach for Eunjung.

“I know you tried to help me” Hyomin said sadly as she got closer to Eunjung

“I’m a bad person” Eunjung’s tear dropped

“Please don’t say that” Hyomin lifted Eunjung’s face up, “No matter what, you’re always my good person” She added

“Don’t you hate me?” Eunjung asked hopefully

“How can I hate you?” Hyomin shook her head, “ I know you would not stand seeing me in pain” Hyomin gave a faint smile

“Hyomin” Eunjung swallowed, “What if I told you that what happened was not only because I wanted to help you but because I wanted you, I did need you”, Eunjung mustered all her courage to say, feeling ashamed.

“ Unnie” Hyomin looked at Eunjung, then she stared to cry, which made Eunjung felt more guilty when she saw Hyomin crying, naturally Eunjung started to cry too, she was confused and scared to lose Hyomin after her confession.

“Why is this happening to us?” Hyomin looked into Eunjung’s eyes and Eunjung could swear she saw Hyomin smiling through tear.

“You have no idea how hard for me to convince myself that I was not in love with you, and I kept fooling myself that it is just like sisterhood love” Hyomin began, Eujung’s heart raced.

“You don't know how much strength I needed to stop my urge to steal your kiss on your sleep” Hyomin continued, “I needed you too, more than what we are now” Hyomin wept.

Both Eunjung and Hyomin just didn’t know what to do, they lost in love and couldn’t find their way out to reality, they just cried in front of each other, with no words else to say because they were happy yet confused. More than just the youth in love, Eunjung and Hyomin knew it more complicated, honest to their hearts but in denial to the fact, the fact they couldn’t forget that they were blood related. If there was anyone to be blamed, it would be the fault at their destiny to were born so close to each other.

End of Flashback

In front the fireplace in a cold night, two figures are wrapped around in a warm blanket, but what warmer than it, are those arms wrapped around Hyomin’s waist, not bothered by the outside world. Resting in older woman’s arm, Hyomin wishes she could stop the time and freeze the moment they are here together, and just them, not caring about reality or people around them.

“I may have them renovated this place” Eunjung suddenly says

“Why?” Hyomin looks up to Eunjung

“It’s running down a bit and it needs a better heater system” Eunjung explains

“I kinda like it this way though” Hyomin protests.

“If we have snow storm, we are going to die of freezing” Eunjung reasons

“I would careless if we could come that often” Hyomin reaches for Eunjung’s hand under blanket

“Why would you want to come here when we have a better place in town?” Eunjung cuddles Hyomin tighter

“I feel like no one would find us here” Hyomin says bitterly, and Eunjung understands it.

" Yeah , you're right" Eunjung realizes nobody would bother to come to this old place

" It would be wonderful if we could enchant this place and make it invisible" Hyomin says

" What makes you have that idea?" Eunjung finds it absurd and she laughs a bit about it

" I just want it to hide us forever" Hyomin wishes

“Don’t be afraid” Eunjung is comforting Hyomin, even Eunjung herself is not sure what the future will hold for them and how they could hide forever

“You are not afraid, are you?” Hyomin snuggles closer in Eunjung chest for the warmth

“Even though I'm , I’ll still protect you” Eunjung promises

“You know what? I don’t always need to be protected if it means that you have to do something to break your heart” Hyomin is getting to the point that she sounds self-centered.

“Hyomin, do you have faith in us?” Eunjung asks

“I always do Eunjung” Hyomin says “But”

“Shall we not talk about it and spend the night?” Eunjung cuts in

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bring it up” Hyomin says, feeling sorry.

" It's okay, I just don't want you to be miserable, I want to see you happy when you're with me" Eunjung says

" Me too" Hyomin enjoys every touch they are sharing

“Let's forget who we are sometimes” Eunjung embraces Hyomin in her arms and closes her eyes. Hyomin stays quiet and savors the tenderness and warmth she can never have enough of it.

“We should” Hyomin agrees.

In each other arms, they feel like heaven, the only place where they belong, and Enjung wants to reserve it for this woman only . Sometimes she feels disgusted by a fact that she has to pretend to be in love with someone who barely gets her heart , let's alone love, not even close to like him and Eunjung is smart enough to know what James wants, and why he is after her. One thing led to another and she has to play along.

“Are they hurt ?” Hyomin looks up , and gently touches Eunjung’s face, making sure her hand doesn’t directly touch where fresh scar is, not wanting it to get infected.

“I’m tough” Eunjung smiles, reassured the younger woman.

“No matter what, remember you are a woman” Hyomin reminds.

“So you are” Eunjung tightens her embrace around slim waist.

“You don’t realize how much weight you lose” Eunjung nags, worriedly, as she feels Hyomin’s bone and her arms get so thinner.

“Actually, I eat more these days, Jiyeon eats most everything so she asks me to eat with her and we share food” Hyomin tells a little about her roomie

“That’s good, but I don’t see any reason her name should be mentioned here”, Eunjung is changing her mood.

“Eunjung , please don’t do as if you don’t know me” Hyomin heaves a tired sigh.

“I believe I do know you well, I just don’t trust anyone else” Eunjung confesses her fear.

“We are not going to parted by anyone, but death” Hyomin ensures

“Don’t ever mention such a curse word” Eunjung quickly chides.

“That’s a truth, we can’t run away from it” Hyomin speaks

“But as we live, it’s not something we look forward to” Eunjung opposes “ I want to see you live happily” She adds.

“You know what sometimes I wish we just could go to live in next life already” Hyomin says sadly.

“Hyomin , that’s absurd !” Eunjung is surprised yet scared by Hyomin’s statement.

“I know it sounds crazy, but if I could choose, in next life, I’d rather have us met as total strangers” Hyomin reveals her wishful thinking.

“I don’t know about next life Hyomin, I’m not even sure if it does exist” Eunjung starts, “ But promise me one thing, whatever happens, don’t ever think about escaping this world without me” Eunjung clasps Hyomin’s hand so tight.

“Eunjung” Hyomin’s emotion is getting her to the verge of crying.

“Even in hell, I’ll walk with you into the dark” Eunjung hugs Hyomin wholeheartedly as if a promise said by body language that she will stand by Hyomin for wherever she would go, heaven or hell as long as she is the last person to be with Hyomin, she won’t let her go alone.

" So don't you dare leaving me" Eunjung kisses Hyomin gently on her lip as if to lock it with a key of her heart 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Eunjung’s POV

“Auntie, do you know the meaning of dandelion? Young Eunjung was popping up at the kitchen and innocently asked her aunt a question

“Dandelion as a flower?” Hyomin’s mother was busy wiping class, paused and looked at her niece

“Yes, a flower that can fly in the air when wind blows” Eunjung confirmed

“What should I start? Dandelion holds so many symbolic meanings”, Hyomin’s mother looked at Eunjung adorably

“Tell me please” Eunjung was excited

“Some say it means a welcome of joy, healing of emotion and physic injury, and long lasting happiness” A lady at her early thirties started, Eunjung tried to remember and understand them as a 12 years old girl was capable of.

“Dandelion also has its other meanings, trust of love, warmth and power, and separation” She further added.

“Separation?” Eunjung’s ear perked up at the last meaning.

“Yes, it has this meaning because at certain time, its fluffs fly away as they are borne on wind then they would fall on earth somewhere and grow beautifully” Her aunt explained

“That’s a bit sad” Eunjung said

I hate it, separation is nothing but tough way of staying apart. I hate the time when we have to say goodbye to our sweet secret world and step to face the reality where not everything can be controlled as we want it to. I look at Hyomin, a person I love with all my deepest heart and soul, each time I kiss her goodbye it even makes me want her more.

“Please drive safe” Hyomin gives me her caring smile

“I will” I smile back.

“Text me message when you are home okay? Hyomin is reluctant to leave

“Will do” I answer

“Eunjung , are you alright?” Hyomin frowns, I don’t think there is anyone else who can see me through as Hyomin does

“I feel sad” I confess, Hyomin reaches for my hand and rubs it gently

“I’m gonna have a long tough day for my busy schedule, so I want to remember the last picture in my mind seeing your smile with those loving eyes before we part today” Hyomin looks at me with pleading eyes “Can you do that for me please?”

“I can’t say no” I don’t force my smile, the curves on my lips just happen hearing what Hyomin pleaded, with the warmth in her eyes, I smile seeing them.

“Yes, like that just now” Hyomin smiles wholeheartedly

After buying a little more time, Hyomin really has to go to get herself ready and I will have to drive back my place before I go to company and start my new day too. I’m watching Hyomin getting off the car and walking toward the apartment she shares with her label mate. It always leaves me with foreign feeling in my stomach that I never get used to it, I know I’m selfish and sometimes crossing over the line, I just can’t help this feeling, a fear I have been hiding at the bottom of my soul, far at the back of my head. I’m afraid that one day someone might change her, and I wouldn't be able to stand seeing her changing, and not the same Hyomin who loves me endlessly, it slowly eats me from inside just to think about it. I can’t let anyone taking her from me.

This love did not just happen because our closeness or confusion of our bond, our hearts have always been certain about our undeniable mutual feelings that pushed us at the edge of risking to have one another. We love each other to the point that there is no doubt about it. Hyomin has sacrificed so much and I’m sure I love her more than anyone.

But it was my fear to be caught and I might lose her if this was discovered that led us to all this mess, when my father wanted me to date a son of his acquaintance given that I didn’t date before, I couldn't find my way out thinking alone, so I ended up coming with a stupid selfish deal when I asked us to take a break and see if we could go on without this love. I remembered seeing Hyomin silently but painfully agreed. Shortly after our deal, Hyomin started to date a guy and it turned out to be me who couldn’t take it seeing her with someone else. Hoping dating a guy my father preferred would help me getting better, I later agreed to date James, a good guy with perfect life profile who was persistent and was so interested in me, we were perfect match, however, after sometimes of feeling experiment, I knew I was not into the guy at all, and not only that, I discovered that my existence only did exist when Hyomin was there. I pretended to be happy and satisfied with my perfect life but at the end of the day when I was going to close my eyes, I knew I lied to myself for being okay with that. Every time we held my hands in public, I desperately wished it was her, every time he hugged me, it wasn’t the same feeling I got when I was in Hyomin’s embrace, even his peck on my cheek was something so undesirable, everything felt so forceful to me that when I realized I couldn’t change myself, and it didn’t take it long to find out I was a fool.

 

Flashback

I noticed Hyomin and her boyfriend at the Lunar New Year Party held by my father’s company to thank to staff and board of management for their hard work. Hyomin seemed to be a bit drunk, I stared at her boyfriend who all the time had his hand on her waist, I unconsciously turned my hand into fist.

“Eunjung, can you please introduce me to the board of directors over there?” James, my boyfriend for two months, asked as he looked over as where our board of directors were talking to my father.

“No problem” I smiled at him, as I was walking away with James, my eyes could take off where my cousin and her boyfriend were.

After introducing James to the board of directors, James separated himself to talk with one of them who seemed to be interested in discussing business with him and he was immersed in the conversation with him, so I was left with my father and others. I couldn’t focus on their conversation much but times to times joined in. Then I caught a glimpse of Hyomin and her boyfriend walking toward a corner, Hyomin seemed so tipsy, I saw her stumbled back and forth, her boyfriend was holding her not to let fall.

“Please excuse me, I’ll greet Ms. Kim over there” I came up with an excuse, smiling, I followed them with a safe distance.

“Hold on, bathroom is here” Woohyun said

“I’m off” Hyomin seemed like she was going to throw up

“Hey, you are alright; you need me there?” Woohyun asked, worriedly

“No, I’m fine ” Hyomin said, as soon as she said so, quickly ran to lady room

“Hyomin” Woohyun ran after her then he was held back, he turned around to face a person who tugged on his sleeve.

“It’s lady room, I’ll take care of her” Eunjung stared at Woohyun.

“Oh, Eunjung unnie” He bowed his head.

“It’s more appropriate, besides she is my cousin, I’m worried about her too” Eunjung said before walking into lady room, Woohyun just nodded.

A tissue paper was passed to Hyomin, Eunjung was so mad to see Hyomin in this state, it was stupid to drink till she threw up , Eunjung knew Hyomin couldn’t take alcohol so well, though she was social.

“Thanks” Hyomin managed to say as she flushed the toilet, she was feeling so tipsy than to stand up. Eunjung soothed her back gently.

“Woohyun, you don’t have to do this, thank you though, you are my best friend forever” Hyomin said drunkenly, Eunjung picked up word and frowned, but still her hand was on Hyomin’s back while the younger woman throwing up.

“I don’t really know how to thank you enough or pay back to you for what you have done so far to help me this much” Hyomin kept saying, Eunjung started to put pieces together.

“Don’t you think we are good actors, haha, people all believed we are couple” Hyomin laughed.

“Oh you know what if you want to be an actor, I know a friend who is working at casting agent, I’ll introduce you to her” Hyomin was turning around to face who she thought to be Woohyun, but instead she was facing a stern faced Eunjung who looked at her with unreadable expression.

“Eunjung” Even though Hyomin was drunk, she was shocked upon seeing who had been there the whole time.

“Are you having fun?” Eunjung ironically asked Hyomin with what she just heard

“If you think so” Hyomin said, getting on her feet

“Did you really have to do this? Eunjung’s raised up a bit

“Excuse me” Hyomin was passing Eunjung, but the latter blocked her way.

“Tell me Hyomin, why are you doing this to me , to all of us ? Eunjung asked patiently, she was getting mad but not at Hyomin but herself.

“Do I need explain to what you already had the answer? Hyomin tried to stay at her best sense and talked back with less emotion

“Our deal was for us to give us a chance and see if we would still need to go back together not for you to get someone to act like your boyfriend” Eunjung ranted out angrily.

“Does it even matter? Hyomin smiled sarcastically, “ you now found what you needed and that should be enough” Hyomin tried to break free.

“It is surely big difference Hyomin” Eunjung added furiously “If I knew you were just faking a dating, I would not come this far”

“Don’t try to make thing worse by blaming me Eunjung, either I was faking it or not, it does not matter, what does is that you are moving on with the one you were looking for” Hyomin bawled impatiently “You should be happy” She tried harder to get loose from Eunjung’s grip, but her tipsy state didn’t help much, but she managed to get free and was about to walk away.

“If you think you are the only one being good at acting then you are wrong” Eunjung began, “ It hurt me mercilessly seeing you with someone else, I wake up every morning blaming myself for coming up with that stupid deal, none of the day I go to sleep without regretting it”

Eunjung was being so mad at herself that her body was shaking with anger, her voice cracked a little. Hyomin stopped still, and next thing she knew Eunjung gave her a sudden hug from the back, she stumbled forward but safe in Eunung’s embrace.

“I missed everything about you , there isn’t any slightest space in my heart that I could let anyone one in, you owned it all, and none of any single moment my feeling for you would change, it is still the same and even more” Eunjung confessed shamelessly.

End of flashback.

Jiyeon’s POV

Jiyeon narrows her eyebrow when she sees Hyomin getting off a car in early morning, while she is on her way back after jogging, hiding behind a corner, figuring out the person who just dropped Hyomin. Jiyeon just watches until Hyomin make her way into their apartment.

“Could it be?” Jiyeon asks to herself

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

At MinYeon's apartment

It is past midnight when Jiyeon hearing the door flung open as she is watching TV in living room, eating her mid night dinner.

“Calm down unnie, I’ll be there soon” Hyomin is hurriedly dashing out of her room, Jiyeon furrows her eyes witnessing Hyomin talking on the phone and her other hand is tying shoelace .

“Haeri unnie, I’ll be there in 10 min” Hyomin hangs up.

“Hey, what’s wrong ?” Jiyeon decides to ask as Hyomin is reaching a doorknob

“Oh, sorry I didn’t notice you” Hyomin apologizes

“No worry where are you going?” Jiyeon asks

“Em, I’m going somewhere, shall be back soon” Hyomin quickly says and opens the door.

“Can I give you a lift so you can be where you want quicker” Jiyeon offers

“Em?” Hyomin bites her lips contemplating

“Look, I am not going to pry in your business but I just want to help” Jiyeon says, Hyomin looks at Jiyeon for a second before making decision

“Yes, please, can you drive me to a place in Gangnam ?” Hyomin asks

“Sure” Jiyeon smiles

Jiyeon glances at Hyomin who seems so restless since they get in the car, she is not sure if she should ask, it seems like something urgent and she can tell that Hyomin is worried

“Jiyeon” Hyomin starts, looking at her honored driver.

“Yep” Jiyeon responds

“I know I can trust you, right?” Hyomin is not sure why but she believes in her instinct.

“I can’t decide it for you, but if you ask me if I can keep secret, then you can be sure it will be buried with me” Jiyeon says in neutral tone, but Hyomin believes Jiyeon is trustworthy

“Ok, we are going to Haeri unnie place” Hyomin tells Jiyeon

“Isn’t it that Davichi apartment is just another corner from our apartment then?” Jiyeon frowns, afraid that she may take a wrong turn.

“Yeah, you are right but we are going to Haeri unnie’s place, her own place” Hyomin steals a glance at Jiyeon

“Okay, I got it” Jiyeon understands.

“ We are having a situation” Hyomin decides to give Jiyeon a little brief

“That is ?” Jiyeon prepares

“ Minkyung is locking herself in Haeri’s bedroom and Haeri is worrying to death that she gives no response now.

“Do they have a fight?” Jiyeon asks, interested.

“I guess so” Hyomin states worriedly

“I hope she will be fine” Jiyeon comforts bluntly

“I hope so” Hyomin prays.

“Love isn’t easy huh?” Jiyeon states blankly but catches Hyomin’s attention the most.

“I know about it?” Hyomin asks, didn’t expect Jiyeon to say it because Hyomin herself was trying to find word to explain in a way not to shock Jiyeon nor make it sound worse for her friends.

“They were absolutely obvious, and careless believing that they were duo and people would not have a second thought about it” Jiyeon states bluntly, “But it would go unnoticed by people around them, I saw them kissing twice” she added with her monotone voice

" Oh oh" Hyomin can't help but excliams out loud 

" But don't worry, I don't have any friend to tell anyway" Jiyeon shoots a dark joke which only reflects how lonely she is

" I trust you" Hyomin genuinely states 

" That makes me feel better" Jiyeon smiles 

“Alright, that also makes thing easier for me, because we are going to go and help them, and we are gonna keep this with us” Hyomin commands.

“And what will I get for this ?” Jiyeon’s question makes Hyomin taken back, she doesn’t know what to answer nor understand why Jiyeon comes up with this.

“Can you treat me a nice meal for this ?” Jiyeon senses Hyomin’s tension so she stops teasing er. Hyomin sighs in relief.

“For sure” Hyomin smiles

Hyomin call back to Haeri to inform the older friend in advance that she will have Jiyeon with her and she is going to help them . The drive was pretty dangerous when Jiyeon is speeding against time, they are in hurried. When Jiyeon and Hyomin arrives in front of Haeri’s place, they are greeted by tearful faced Haeri who opens the door for them.

“Unnie” Hyomin quickly gives Haeri a hug .

“Hyomin, help me please” Haeri hugs Hyomin back , then shortly parts as she leads Hyomin and Jiyeon inside and to her bedroom door.

“How long has she not responded?” Hyomin asks , as she is

“Almost an hour since I called you” Haeri is crying.

“It was locked from inside” Jiyeon informs as she tried opening the door.

“I couldn’t find the spare key” Haeri hurriedly says, she doesn’t care if it is Jiyeon or anyone, all she cares is her younger partner inside the room now.

Jiyeon pulls out her key chain, Hyomin watches her action, her label mate takes out some pin-like blade from her small metal stick. Haeri and Hyomin are looking at Jiyeon hopefully and expectantly, every second just passes by so slowly.

“Click” , heavenly sound echoes after good one minute Jiyeon has worked on the lock, she turns the handle and swings it open with all her force.

“Thanks God” Haeri dashes in “ Minkyung !” Haeri rushes to an unconscious girl lying on the bed.

“Oh no” Hyomin gasps covering seeing how unconscious her friend is lying there with her hand hanging on the side of the bed

Jiyeon is the witty and swiftest among the three, she notices a bottle of medicine on the floor, she rushes to Minkyung and checks her pulse.

“Her heart is beating slowly” Jiyeon informs.

“No, Minkyung!” Haeri is hugging her girlfriend with her broken heart.

“We need to take her to hospital now !!” Jiyeon shouts , “ Hyomin , can you please take bottle and pick up some medicine there?” Jiyeon motions the frozen woman.

“Ok” Hyomin is back to her sense and quickly picks up some tablet on the floor. As Jiyeon and Haeri is helping to get Minkyung up”

Fast as their minds, Jiyeon starts the engines and dashes out to the main road, Haeri is hugging unconscious girl at the back seat, while Hyomin is stealing a glance at Jiyeon who is driving with her calm face.

“Wait , where are we going Jiyeon?” Hyomin is frowning as she sees the direction where Jiyeon is heading to, it’s not something where she is familiar with.

“I’m going to my friend small medical center” Jiyeon is telling her.

“Are we not going to hospital?” Haeri asks hastily, she is so worried about Minkyung and she can’t afford to lose her by going to small place instead of full service hospital with modern equipped machines.

“This will be good enough for her, think about it, we will all go downhill if we go to hospital and causes a secen, especially your group unnie ” Jiyeon states. “My friend is reliable and trustworthy so I can ensure that everything will be alright, and she will be in good hand” she further explains and no one dares to argue thinking of logical way Jiyeon is foreseeing, the two older women all nod in agreement.

Three of them are waiting outside the ER with praying hearts, and after an hour or so, the door is opened.

“She is safe now” A doctor in white gown appears after one hour of rushing Minkyung to emergency room. Haeri lifts her hand praying in the air with her great relief and big smile on her face. So is Hyomin, she turns around and gives Jiyeon a quick bear hug, Jiyeon is frozen, before she can hug back , Hyomin has already released the hug.

“Can I see her now?” Haeri asks

“She will need to rest” Dr. Choi suggests “But you may” She gives Haeri a warm smile

“Thank you Dr.Choi” Haeri bows

“Thank you Dr. Sooyoung” Jiyeon gives a bow.

“That’s what friend are for Jiyeon” Sooyoung smiles at Jiyeon.

After all the mess is taken care, Haeri is beside Minkyung resting in a ward, with the great help from Dr. Sooyoung, a friend of Jiyeon, who saved Minkyung and ensured them that patient medical record is indeed disclosed . Haeri and Hyomin can’t thank her enough and one person that Hyomin can’t imagine what they could do without her ,Jiyeon.

“Thank you for everything Jiyeon” Hyomin sits down next to Jiyeon

“You’re welcome” Jiyeon looks at her side.

“ I don’t know what we could do without you” Hyomin gives a gratitude smile.

“ I’m sure you would not just walk away seeing someone in trouble too” Jiyeon looks at Hyomin with her hidden meaning, Hyomin doesn’t understand but responding with warm smile.

“Admittedly, I can’t believe how thoughtful you are” Hyomin honestly says

“That’s a very nice compliment, thank you” Jiyeon gives a light smile.

“Truthfully Jiyeon , we could have been more mess if we went to straight to hospital” Hyomin admitts

“It happens, when we overwhelm with worry, especially for our beloved ones in life threatening situation our minds tend to process differently, and sometimes it turns out not to be logical” Jiyeon looks at her side where Hyomin is facing her.

“You are right” Hyomin pauses and thinks.

“I’m glad she is okay” Jiyeon says before yawning

“I know you must be tired, please go back the apartment and rest” Hyomin suggests.

“ How about you?” Jiyeon asks.

“ I may stay a little bit then I’ll go back our place afterward” Hyomin looks at the door of a ward where Minkyung rests.

“ I believe she is in good hand now, and Haeri unnie probably needs to be with her alone” Jiyeon knows Hyomin worry about her friend, but she sees no reason for Hyomin to stay.

“ You may be right, I’ll ask Haeri unnie if she needs anything” Hyomin gets up.

“ Ok, I’ll be waiting to go home with you” Jiyeon looks up

“ I’ll be right back” Hyomin disappears into a ward room

Hyomin comes back and tells Jiyeon that she is going back their place with her as Haeri unnie wants her to leave too so she can rest and Haeri will call her if she needs anything . On their way back, Jiyeon stops at a convenient store to get ice-cream, Hyomin finds it funny that Jiyeon is craving for ice-cream in such a weather, however she joins her in choosing ice-cream and offers to pay for making losing too much energy today.

“It’s freezing but it’s good” Hyomin takes a little bit of her ice-cream cone

“I told you” Jiyeon enjoys her ice-cream.

It may be a funny sight to passersby that two adults are sitting on street side enjoying their ice-cream in freezing night with their padded jackets and hoodie on and scarfs around their necks to their mouths. Jiyeon finds it a great way to brighten the mood after a tough day , and she is happy to see Hyomin smiling, knowing that she can cheer her up , and it means a lot to her ~ Because you mean too much to me ~ Jiyeon can only think it out loud in her thought.

 

~~~~~~~ TBC ~~~~~~~