It snows

Dandelion & Heart Road

Eunjung is focusing on the GPS monitor giving the direction to a location she aims to be, she knows she is getting there, her hands are wet with sweat of excitement, her heart is pounding with anticipation, she is getting closer to what she has been looking for over years of searching and secretly finding out the truth.

“2 More minutes ahead on the right and you’ll arrive at your destination” A voice from the device never stops to mesmerize Eunjung how smart apps these day has developed.

“You’ve arrived at your destination”, Eunjung ‘s heart races rapidly , she has been waiting for so long to find out , and now this moment comes , she is not so sure if she really wants to face it. However, better knows it than leaving it unanswered, and Eunjung is not a kind of person to choose a second choice. Taking a deep breath and putting dark shade of her sunglasses on, Eunjung gets off her car and slowly walks to a small Korean restaurant on the opposite side of the road, once she gets inside the place, Eunjung is greeted with nice aroma of traditional Korean food, the place is crowded for the weekend. Eunjung looks around then she finds herself a seat where she can sit down and watches a chef cooking from her angel, she looks from there with her heavy heart, as a middle age woman busy cooking.

“May I have your order Miss?” A woman at her early 50s, gives Eunjung a kind smile, Eunjung waits a bit as she doesn't plan to eat nor that she is hungry, she is not even at the mood to eat.

“I’ll have soju and stirred fried noodle, please” Eunjung makes up her mind anyway, then she turns her attention to the woman behind the cooking area.

" Anything else you may need?" She asks for sure before leaving

" No , I am fine , thank you" Eunjung gives her a smile though

“Please wait a little while, the food will be served in 10 minutes or so” The woman smiles back

Eunjung doesn’t even care about the food, she doesn’t drive this long just to eat the plain food she can find anywhere else in town, the one only reason she comes this far because she wants to see it with her own eyes.

By the time Eunjung knows it, her order is being served,  the same woman returns with food then places them on a small table for Eunjung, she says a very simple yet heartwarming words like a family would say. “Please eat well”

“Thank you” Eunjung turns her attention to her, when the woman leaves, she looks at her food and decides to eat it. She doesn’t know if it’s because the food is hot or the similar taste that brings tears to her eyes, thanks to her sunglasses that keep her from embarrassing herself.

“That must be her huh?” Eunjung bitterly smiles at a scene before her. A middle age woman who just served her food now is standing at the cooking counter wiping sweat of the face for another woman who has been cooking, the interaction between them is too intimate to be defined as something else.

“So this was a reason you left us ? ” Eunjung thinks to herself, feeling heartache and self-pity eats her from inside, she is serving her right for her desire to discover why her mother left her and her father.  She reaches out for her purse before taking out some cash that are too much to be paid for such food, or to be correct, more than 5 times for bills at fancy restaurant. She gets up abruptly, she can’t stay here anymore , but each step she takes is so heavy , she doesn't even know how she crosses the road and gets to her car, and by then she hears a voice calling after her on the opposite side of the road, she takes a quick glance and sees the same woman who served the food is coming after her with cash in her hand, but Eunjung doesn’t wait, she just gets in the car and drives away, far away from the truth she found out.

 

*************

Hyomin keeps glancing at her wristwatch, she is obviously restless, she hopes this show has wrapped up already, and each minute goes by slower than ever, and her uneasiness doesn't go unnoticed by  Soyeon who observes her for a while.

“Are you okay Hyomin?” Soyeon decides to ask, and she can't stand seeing Hyomin being so distracted while the show will continue soon after a short break

“Oh yeah” Hyomin answers uninterestedly, as her thought is occupied.

“I’ve seen you looking at the time” Soyeon gets straight to the point, which Hyomin can't avoid answering.

“I gotta go somewhere” Hyomin says , as she wishes she was there already

“Do you have any plan?”  Soyeon continues to ask

“Mm, kind of, but it just comes up, unplanned, unnie” Hyomin thinks it’s better to let her manager unnie knows

“Oh , is it ? Soyoen believes it must be something important cause she never sees Hyomin being so hurried.

 "I guess it won't take more than an hour" Soyeon expected " Something urgent ?"

“Yes, I’d prefer to leave as soon as the show wraps up” Hyomin is being straightforward

“Ok, I’ll have our driver to send you off shortly” Soyeon offers

“It’s okay unnie, I’ll handle this by myself, I’ll get a cab, it is quicker” Hyomin gives Soyeon a thankful smile.

“Are you allowed to get a ride on cab, I don’t think so?” Soyeon asks

“How do you know unnie?” Hyomin raises her eyesbrow at this question.

 “I had a little talk with your cousin when she came to pick you up, she told me that your family doesn’t allow you get a ride on cab, nor let you drive so she asked me to look after you well” Soyeon informs, Hyomin just gives her a faint smile.

“Oh, did she tell you so?” Hyomin didn’t expect Eunjung to tell Soyeon unnie about it.

“Your cousin seems to worry and care about you a lot” Soyeon gives her opinion.

“She is a good person” Hyomin gives a short comment but inwardly she smiles proudly.

“It’s funny, I saw serveral articles saying that you guys are not close to each other at all, such a bull” Soyeon shakes her head. Hyomin tries not to show any emotion or spills any words.  All she wants now is the schedule to be ended so she can leave.

" Yeah , we just can't trust everything we see" Hyomin just adds flatly

A hour of deep worry that tortures Hyomin mentally has ended , when producer , staff and other guests have finally bowed respectfully to each other when the recording finishes and Hyomin finally makes an escape and gets to her destination without any trouble, she pays for taxi fare and dashes out of it. Her mind is faster than her legs now, she wishes she was already there, her mind is disturbed since she heard a voice message left on her phone, she tried to call back but she couldn’t get through the person she desperately wanted to talk to and find out what was wrong. Arriving in front of a high-secured protected penthouse that a whole floor belongs to only one occupant, Hyomin quickly punches down a code she remembers by heart, and it's only shared by two of them and just in a split of second a door opens, she swiftly walks in, a whole place is quite and it doesn't make Hyomin feel any better.  

“Eunjung!” Hyomin calls out a name who she has been worried sick about, as soon as she gets inside a huge penthouse with two stories. Frantically searching for a glimpse of her cousin, Hyomin looks around a bedroom and then she finally stops and heaves a relief sigh, when she finds Eunjung sitting at balcony with private swimming pool, blue water shinning its glimmers. "Eunjung ah" Upon hearing her name, an older woman turns around to face the younger woman , her presence answers everything.

“Hyomin” Eunjung’s voice is hoarse and her eyes are read, wine bottle stands before her, it's easy to tell that Eunjung has been drinking, but not for a happy reason

“What’s wrong?” Hyomin walks toward the older woman, sitting on a chair facing Eunjung.

“I found her” Eunjung answers, her voice is filled with sadness, Hyomin thinks and realizes about her that Eunjung mentions

“So everything is a lie?” Hyomin asks.

“Yes, all these years she has been alive” Eunjung informs, Hyomin is surprised

“Did you talk to her?” Hyomin asks

“I didn’t” Eunjung answers

“How is she doing?” Hyomin carefully looks into Eunjung’s eyes.

 “She is with a woman” Eunjung informs, Hyomin tries to make her sigh inaudibly, she can relate to Eunjung’s feeling and pain. Hyomin moves closer and gives Eunjung a hug.

“You should be happy that at least she is still alive, that all matters” Hyomin caresses Eunjung’s hair

“But it hurts to know the truth” Eunjung starts to cry

“We can’t expect life to always be beautiful” Hyomin speaks the truth

“What kind of mother she was to leave her kid and husband for another woman?” Eunjung asks through her tear.

“She might have her reason” Hyomin says, thinking of her own situation

" Her reason is that she loves someone else more than her daughter" Eunjung scoffs, self-pity is obvious .

" Sometimes , something is just hard to explain , look at us" Hyomin reasons as she holds Eunjung tight to comfort her, it's a deep scar that no body knows beside Hyomin

“Please don’t leave me like she did” Eunjung hugs Hyomin, her arms secured tightly around a slim waist, and again it wrenches Hyomin's heart which is already weak.

This is a side that nobody ever knows. While other may think that Eunjung is strong and confident, Hyomin knows the latter is very fragile, and when people may see Hahm Eunjung as a perfect woman who is fearless of anything, Hyomin loves the older woman because she is imperfect, and always needs someone to cling to, and Hyomin is happy be that person Eunjung needs the most, sometimes that Eunjung loves and will never let go.   

“I’ll never leave you” Hyomin Eunjung’s back gently, “I love you too much to do that” Hyomin whispers.

" Promise you'll always stay" Eunjung needs it the most at this time

" I'll always stay" Hyomin promises

“ You know I can’t live without your love” Eunjung snuggles closer to Hyomin.

“Neither can I , and you know that” Hyomin comforts Eunjung in her arms, she can see how fragile the woman in her arms is.

Even though their actions may be mistaken by outsiders of what they are to each other. The lack of mentioning about each other are interpreted as girl’s envy, ego, rival or even hatred between the blood line. Those things are not what Eunjung and Hyomin expected or planned for it to happen from the beginning, it was just their fear of being separated when their respective parent seemed to notice their overwhelming closeness while they were younger that pushed them to act carefully. They started to act differently in front of and around other people to hide their affair and since then everyone just thought they had fight, and mistaken them as not getting along well when they grew up, some even assumed that they envied each other because of their careers and success that being compared. But the truth is only for them to know and understand.  They might have fooled a whole world, but not their hearts, what they want may not be the right thing people want to see, so they choose it this way “secretly in relationship”, they just can’t live without one another, they have tried but at the end they couldn’t find happiness without each other, they can’t even go on a day without thinking of each other.

Nobody knows how hard for them to secretly love each other, and can’t show it, their affair is privately kept.  Even though they know well that it’s not the right thing to do, but their hearts yearn for one another, and their desire is stronger than moral.  Eunjung who is known asa  strict person who sticks to the right thing, but she has broken her own principle for the girl she loves till death.

“Stay with me tonight” Drunken Eunjung is begging Hyomin , the younger woman contemplates and her heart wins.

“I’ll be here until you wake up in the morning” Hyomin brushes away Eunjung’s bang

“Promise?” Eunjung smiles happily like a kid

“I promise” Hyomin kisses Eunjung’s forehead

Eunjung closes her eyes, today is already too much for her, she is too confused to understand the lies , now she comes to realize that no one in this world that doesn’t lie to her, except for Hyomin, she trusts with all her heart that Hyomin will never hurt her, or even she does, she wouldn’t love her less , because Hyomin means the world to her, and she can’t love anyone else just like the way she loves Hyomin, the younger woman is everything to her, she can’t lose her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

A cup of hot coffee is being handed in front of Hyomin who is sitting at outdoor filming set rubbing her hand against each other to create the heat. Hyomin looks up to find Jiyeon holding two cups of coffee with her straight face.

“Thank you” Hyomin takes one cup offered by Jiyeon

“It's colder tonight” Jiyeon brushes away the dirt from stair flight and sits down next to Hyomin

“It seems like it may snow soon” Hyomin sips her drink, Jiyeon steals a glance

“Probably” Jiyeon agrees

“Wow, this is good” Hyomin smiles after aroma coffee goes down , not only giving warmth but great taste as well.

“Soyeon unnie said you like it this way” Jiyeon simply states, but Hyomin can’t help to find this so impressive, Jiyeon tries.

“Thank you, it’s great” Hyomin confirms.

“You’re welcome” Jiyeon looks ahead watching the crew preparing for filming.

“Oh, Soyeon unnie told me that your song is dominated for the song of the year, congrat!” Hyomin is cupping the cup of coffee with both of her hand.

“That’s beyond my expectation, thanks to you, it becomes too far than I thought it could achieve” Jiyeon sincerely states.

“Nah, you’re great, your hard work pays it off and I did so just little to it” Hyomin says.

“You have no idea how much you made the difference to it, and that’s huge” Jiyeon means every word she says and Hyomin can feel it.

“I’m glad to be a part of it” Hyomin states.

“I would say a huge part then” Jiyeon shows her appreciation that she doesn’t always give to other . Hyomin finds Jiyeon’s attitude is more pleasant than she ever thought.

“We still have a long way to go” Hyomin is referring their duet project.

“I guess” Jiyeon agrees

“Ah, it snows” Hyomin reaches her hand out to catch light sparking white flake, Jiyeon looks above the sky.

“First snow” Jiyeon says absent mindedly

 

~ Flashback ~

“It snows” Jiyeon heard a girl called Hyomin squealing in delight as she was walking away with a slightly taller girl. 

“Let’s go and play unnie” Hyomin jumped up and down.

“Go inside first, auntie and my dad are looking for you” A girl called Eunjung said, then she pulled up the hood from the smaller girl’s sweater to cover her head for her.

“Promise we will build snowman” Smaller girl asked

“Sure, anything you want” Eunjung took smaller girl’s hand and they walked away together.

Jiyeon was standing there watching until they disappeared, her hand holding a pair of mitten tightly then slowly she put them on, small smile appeared and it must have been a first real happy smile since her mother left this world.

“Do you want to have those toys?” A man voice made Jiyeon turned to look at a man in business suit, he crouched down a little bit to talk to the girl. Jiyeon backed away a little.

“Don’t be scared, I’m not a bad person” He smiled, Jiyeon examined him

“Who are you?” Jiyeon asksed in a little shaking voice.

“Where are your parents, can I talk to them?” He asked instead of answering

“You don’t need to know” Jiyeon coldly answered

“Hm? How about I ask you instead then?” He contemplated, Jiyeon kept quiet.

“Do you want to make money, have enough to buy nice clothes and all you want?” He offered. “And no one will ever look down on you” He added

“What will I need to do?” Jiyeon, at the age of nice year old was smarter than many at her age.

“All you need to do is practice and I’ll make you famous” He smiled.  Jiyeon starred at him and then nodded.

The gift, the first snow and the granted wish that came along when that girl appeared in front of her, all the changes that happened overnight Jiyeon could never forget, but would remembered till the end of her life time, her blessing angel.

~ End of Flashback ~

“It’s the first snow” Hyomin squeals and gets up, Jiyeon watches the woman dancing in snow happily.

“What are you waiting for?” Hyomin walks back to Jiyeon and pulls her up.

“What do you want me to do?” Jiyeon wonders

“Don’t be too serious, let’s enjoy the life” Hyomin says cheerfully

“That’s too embarrassing” Jiyeon says trying to stop Hyomin.

 “Have you ever heard “Life of a party?” Hyomin stops and asks

“Nope” Jiyeon replies bluntly

“Just dance like a nobody is there” Hyomin beams and stretches her hand out for snow, she makes a tender move. Jiyeon just stands there watching Hyomin enjoying herself, Jiyeon is carried away.

“Our first snow together, my blessing angel” Jiyeon thinks to herself and smiles.

Just then Hyomin is startled by Jiyeon’s sudden action, Jiyeon stands in front of her, put her hand behind Hyomn’s back and asks for her hand.

“Shall we dance?” Jiyeon grins

“My pleasure” Hyomin takes a little bow before giving hand.

The two women dance in bridal style in the middle of white field where it starts to snow, it turns out to be a cute scene, the crew turn to look at them and smile at how adorable they are, some of them take the pictures and some even record video, Soyeon is distracted from checking the news and articles online and watch the two artists, she smiles at the sight too.  She is glad to see Jiyeon warming up to her future duo mate, at the same time she is scared, and jealousy is something she can’t control, it just emerges without her knowing it.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

It has been a week since the incident at the Kim’s Group dinner party that Eunjung does not go out with James, her boyfriend doesn’t seem to realize his mistake at all, and he buys the excuse from Eunjung when she said she has been busy. There are some facts in the excuse though, Eunjung has so much to deal with lately not only her personal stuff but work. She is having headache about employee strike that causes their stock share to go down dramatically.

Tonight, Eunjung has been instructed to come home, and she is surprised to know that her father told Hyomin’s mother to have Hyomin for dinner tonight as well, and Eunjung senses something weird.

Running into each other at the hallway, Hyomin and Eunjung just walks past each other to the dining room. Once everyone is there, her father starts to talk.

“Eunjung , I need you to get this strike issue under control” Eunjung’s father instructs.

“Yes, father” Eunjung seriously affirms

“And I want you to visit some branches in countryside as well” He adds.

“That’s no problem, I’ll handle that” Eunjung gives her father the confidence.

“That’s great, I know you can do that” He smiles proudly.

“I believe I can get thing resolved within this week” Eunjung confirms

“Ok, then that’s all for you” Her father says and Eunjung is surprised that her father easily warps it up about the business, she thought he would be more serious.

“Now, Hyomin” Eunjung’s father turns his attention to the youngest member of this family.

“Yes uncle?”  Hyomin who pretends not to listen to Eunjung’s issue recently, raises her brow.

“I’ve asked your mother and you don’t seem to be dating anyone right now” He begins.

“I’m too busy to date uncle” Hyomin laughs away the awkwardness

“But you are already at the age of dating now” His face is stern that Eunjung can’t even tell what her father is thinking.

“ I’ll think about that when I have more time” Hyomin tries to smile

“One of the son of my friend is interested in you and he asked for my permission” He informs or sounds more like he wants her to do as he wants. Eunjung is nervous to hear this , she mentally is gritting her teeth quietly.

“Uncle, I’m not allowed to date” Hyomin reasons.

“You are not going to work like this for a life time” He states

“Are you hooking me up?” Hyomin is raising her voice a little which surprise everyone, including Eunjung.

“Hyomin!” Her mother warns her.

“Umma ?” Hyomin frowns harder, she doesn’t even know that her mother is also in this.

“Uncle wants the best for you” Her mother speaks for the first time.

“Thank you uncle” Hyomin tries to control emotion, “But if I’m gonna date , I’m going to date a person I like only” For a split second , Hyomin steals a glance at Eunjung.

“I’m sure you will like him” Eunjung’s father says, “ And you will meet him next week” He adds .

Hyomin can’t believe her uncle is doing this to her, she can’t understand what’s going on here, her mother never forces her to do what she doesn’t want to, but this time it seems like her mother agrees to Eunjung’s father plan.

“I’m not Eunjung unnie, so I’m not going to agree to date with just anyone you want me to” Hyomin’s cold reaction is something that the three of them here never witness before, all of them are taken back.

“I’m sorry but I have to go” Hyomin walks out of dining tables unexpectedly.

“Hyomin” Her mother calls after her.

“Just let her go, Jiwoo” Eunjung’s father says

Eunjung is dying to get up and follow the younger woman, but she can’t make it so obvious, her father and Hyomin’s mother shall suspect if she suddenly cares for Hyomin, which she didn’t show it in front of them for years and it could make thing worse, so she just watches her walking away as if she doesn’t care, she looks at her father then Hyomin’s mother, there is something she needs to find out later, she rather worries about Hyomin’s feeling now, she is secretly texting message on her phone.

“Don’t wander around, wait for me, I’ll sneak out soon” Message Sent

Eunnung is waiting for Hyomin to reply but after a few minutes, there is nothing back so she decides to do something.

“I guess I’ll take my leave, I'll work on some documents tonight at my place” Eunjung tells her father and gets up.

“Ok rest well, appa will rely on you Eunjung” Her father says.

“Don’t worry appa, everything will be done” Eunjung reassures

“Please drive safe Eunjung” Hyomin’s mother says with her motherly tone.

“I will aunty” Eunjung smiles before taking her leave as quick as possible.

Eunjung is frantically putting her phone on speaker mode as well as making her way to the road, she tries to reach Hyomin but the latter ignores her call.

“I’m getting mad , Hyomin” Eunjung is mumbling to herself, hoping Hyomin would pick up the phone.

“Mm” A sound of heaven when Eunjung hears Hyomin answering the phone.

“Where are you?” Eunjung asks hastily

“I’m on my way back to apartment” Hyomin answers

“I told you to wait for me” Eunjung is angry

“Don’t worry, I’ll be alright” Hyomin knows Eunjung is angry at her for not listening to her, but Hyomin can’t help herself because she is being furious too.

“Is that the cab you are in front of my car now?” Eunjung assumes it, Hyomin turns around and she sees Eunjung’s car behind.

“Yeah” Hyomin answers, then she sees the car behinds tries to get to the front and gives signal light, Hyomin sighs

“Ajusshi , please stop” Hyomin tells the cab driver to stop, he slows down and stops right behind the front car. Hyomin gets off and walks toward Eunjung’s car.

“ How many time do I have to beg you not to do this?” Eunjung shoots a question as soon as Hyomin gets on.

“Can we talk about this later?” Hyomin heaves a long sigh

“You didn’t listen to me” Eunjung sternly reminds.

“Eunjung, can't you be a bit relaxed and not being negative for once, nothing is going to happen just because I take a cab to my place” Hyomin says impatiently.

“Is my concern about your safety that annoying?” Eunjung makes a displeasing sound in

“Please Eunjung, I have enough for today, your father’s issue is getting me crazy already” Hyomin raises her voice as she is moody from thing that just happened

 “You should have not walked out just like that” Eunjung criticizes

“Huh?” Hyomin laughs sarcastically, “What do you want me to do then? Just date a guy he wants me to?” Hyomin asks.

“I don’t mean like that” Eunjung sighs “Just act more mature and reasonably” She adds

“How?” Hyomin asks “Just like you and date a guy he set up” Hyomin’s patience ends     

“We have agreed on this, can we not talk about it?” Eunjung can’t believe where they are getting at.

“It’s easy for you to say that” Hyomin says bitterly

Just then their conversation is interrupted when Eunjung’s phone rings and the coming call is none other than a guy who is just being mentioned. Eunjung takes a glance at the phone and then Hyomin.

“Answer him, answer your boyfriend’s call” Hyomin utters painfully.

Eunjung bites her lips hard, contemplating to answer or decline the line, just then Hyomin’s phone starts to ring, she takes look at it and answers right away.

“Hi Jiyeon” Hyomin answers the phone with a more cheerful voice, Eunjung steals a glance she then reaches to decline her call.

“Hey, I wonder if you are coming back tonight?” Jiyeon asks

“Sure, I’m on my way there, I’ll see you soon” Hyomin’s voice is a bit better

“Ok, see you” Jiyeon says

“Bye” Hyomin ends the call.

“Sound likes you are happy to get there” Eunjung comments

“Don’t start it Eunjung” Hyomin shakes her head tiredly

Shortly Eunjung’s phone rings again, seeing the flashlight showing the name on Eunjung’s phone, Hyomin just looks away and out of the window. Eunjung reaches for her phone and with one hand struggling to switch off the phone then throws it at the back seat, the action suddenly draws Hyomin’s attention, instinctively her eyes follow the phone flopping on the back seat, then she averts back to Eunjung, the older woman now is focusing on the road, she keeps driving in silence. After a traffic light, Eunjung takes a turn which is opposite way to Hyomin’s apartment.

“You just took a wrong turn?” Hyomin notices that they are heading a different lane. But Eunjung doesn’t answer, she keeps going until they are reaching an expressways entrance.

“Where are we going?” Hyomin frowns

 “Somewhere nobody can disturb us” Eunjung picks up the ticket from machine

“But I’ve got work to do” Hyomin reasons

“No worries, I’ll take care of it” Eunjung bossily states

“What? Eunjung , you can’t interfere my career” Hyomin warns

“Is about your work or is because you want to spend time with that Jiyeon girl, I’ve checked you have no schedule tomorrow?” Eunjung looks crossed

“Now you are even checking on my schedule ?  Unbelievable!” Hyomin blows the air of , she can’t believe Eunjung is doing this to her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Doorbell rings, Jiyeon quickly gets up to answer the door, but her excitement and smile gone as soon as she sees who is in front of the door.

“Pizza delivery” A tall boy smiles but his smile turns to jaw dropping when he sees the woman who opens the door.

“Here, keep the change” Jiyeon hands the cash and snatches the pizza box from pizza delivery boy, the boy stays frozen and he is back to his sense when he hears the door shut in front of him.

Jiyeon walks back inside the apartment and puts the pizza box on a tea table, she glances at the wall clock. It has been an hour since she called Hyomin and the latter said she would be there soon, so Jiyeon later ordered the pizza, figuring that when her roommate arrive, the pizza delivery would be delivered after, then she would ask Hyomin to share it with her, but her plan is messed up when Hyomin doesn’t show up yet.

 

“There might be traffic” Jiyeon smiles to herself, hoping Hyomin would arrive soon, she sits down and waits. Time slowly goes by 15 minutes, 20 minutes and then 45 minutes, then Jiyeon gets 1 new message.

“Hi Jiyeon, I guess I’m not going back the apartment tonight, just found out that I don’t have schedule tomorrow, I’ll see you the day after tomorrow” From Hyomin .

Jiyeon is greeted with disappointment and she doesn’t why it affects her so much, her smile is suddenly gone and replaced by gloomy feeling, she gets up and takes the pizza box then walks to the kitchen, she dumps the whole thing to trash bin then storms to her bedroom, losing appetite.

Re-reading the message again, Jiyeon types something back.

“Ok, have a good night” Message sent

“Thank you , you too, sweet dream” From Hyomin  , Jiyeon closes her eyes and her smile is back

 

Somewhere far from Seoul, Eunjung is making her way out of a convenient store at a gas station to after getting some stuff . Pulling her coat tightened, she quickly walks back to where her car is park, it’s not like she is in hurry, but the bad weather outside with falling snow doesn’t make her appreciate the outside air right now, besides she doesn’t want to leave a younger woman in the car alone that long.

Hyomin takes a quick glance at a shivering woman who just gets on her driver seat, worrying about the older woman, Hyomin opens to ask if she is alright but then her pride keeps her from doing so, she just keeps mum and puts her phone back to her bag.

“I get you tuna pie, please eat while it’s warm” Eunjung hands Hyomin a paper wrapped package.

“I’m good” Hyomin rejects.

“You didn’t eat anything at all this evening” Eunjung reasons

“I’m not hungry” Hyomin says nonchalantly

“Please don’t be like this” Eunjung doesn’t give up

“Eunjung , stop forcing me” Hyomin raises her voice, Eunjung is taken back, her eyes are sadden

“I’m sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable, I just care about you” Eunjung bites her lips, she puts down the food and starts the engine.  Hyomin realizes she has upset the older woman, she wants to apologize but she chooses not to, she just ignores her, and then closes her eyes.

Hyomin is greeted by the morning light, she opens her eyes to find that she is in a bed , wrapped inside a warm blanket, smell of wooden log brings back the familiar memory, once she is fully awake, she remembers where she is. Getting off the bed, Hyomin is making her way out of the bedroom, she walks past  a fire place, the warmth creating from burning wood makes her smile, nostalgic memories rushing back. The faint noise from outside catches Hyomin attention, she keeps walking and stops at the front door to see Eunjung is playing with a white dog , the older woman is throwing  away a stick and the dog keeps running to pick it up for her, a carefree playful side of Eunjung that she can’t remember when was the last time she saw it, not since they grew up.

“Oh, you are up?” Eunjung greets upon seeing Hyomin at the door, Hyomin just nods.

“Remember who is he?” Eunjung’s happy smile makes Hyomin smile along

“Please don’t tell me that he is Boodong ? Hyomin asks

“Yes, our long lost friend” Eunjung nods,

“Oh really?” Hyomin  walks to join them.

“He came this morning” Eunjung pats on the white dog’s head

“He remembers me” Hyomin excitedly says when the dog happily jumps at her.

“I’m sure he does” Eunjung says .

 

---------------------TBC -----------------------