Dandelion

Dandelion & Heart Road

A life that many would kill to get, as an only daughter and an heir of a billionaire with successful supermarket chain all over Korean and South East Asia, a well-known public figure who never fails to get admiration and praises everywhere she goes, a sophisticated and glamourous girlfriend to a young talented lawyer from a very decent family. This is a life that Eunjung lives in and leads

 

Clicking her expensive high heels off her feet, Eunjung doesn’t bother to put them back into a place where they belong, she has been worn out after a long day from tying up at meeting after meeting, Eunjung is so grateful that she is eventually home before she would knock her head on the steering wheel falling asleep from the exhaustion, the most comfort place in her own place . Even hough she is yearning for a peaceful moment where she can finally rest, she is never used to this quiet atmosphere, sighing, Eunjung taps on a Smart Apps on her phone that connects and controls system in her fully smart equipped penthouse , and just within one click on her phone, a blasting sound of heavy metal music is filling the whole place. Satisfied, this is her unique lifestyle to get over her stress after a long day, loud deafening music may seem more head throbbing for some other people but not for Eunjung, she finds is very relaxing as a way of releasing, walking tiredly to her bedroom, Eunjung is so keen to get under the shower and wash away her tiredness with the warm shower before she can go to her heavenly soft bed to charge her energy in order to start the new day tomorrow. Somehow, as she is about to put down her phone, and undress, a thought of a particular person crosses her mind, a last person she always thinks of before she goes to sleep, Eunjung smiles as a face forms in thought, so she scrolls down to her a contact list , and stops at a name goes by "My Salvation".

 

 

Ringing

 

“What are you doing?”, A question is shot after the call is answered.

“Reading, how are you?” Answer is made

“Just so so, how was your day?”

“It went well, how about yours?”

“I had a long day”

“Have you eaten?”

“Yep” a gentle sigh, " I miss you today"

" Same here"

“I…”

" Please rest Eunjung, I’m going to bed soon "

 

Pause

 

" Can you come over to meet me?"

" I'm ready for bed"

" Don't you miss me?"

 

Silence

 

" Are you not coming?"

" Eunjung, it's getting late already, please go to sleep"

" So you are not coming?"

" I think so, I have an early schedule"

" Is that a reason?"

" Good night and sleep tight"

 

An unsatisfied audible sigh is heard

 

" I hate you !!!"

 

Click ~ Disconnected

 

The conversation ends there followed by the clashing sound of the object when an expensive phone flies across a room and hits the wooden shining floor with a strong force, a hit is enough to make a device breaks into pieces …useless but an owner of this dead device would careless about it, this is not the first one though. Eunjung never likes it when she gets rejected especially by this one person who has always says yes to everything she asks for and would always give in to her, she is not sure why lately the latter acts this way, and it's obvious that Eunjung has been treated differently, and that person seems distant as well, a thought of it bothers Eunjung to a point where she becomes restless. Overwhelmed by her anger, Eunjung doesn't bother to do what she was about to do earlier, she madly grabs her car key, she is so disturbed and fueled with unanswered questioned in her mind, and now all she needs is to go is a place where could calm her down and she could find the answer.

 

At a time being, besides a security guard guy who is enthusiastically bowing to her when noticing her car at the gate, it seems like a whole place is taken over by the nightfall where everyone is in their own beds sleeping safe and sound in such a grand mansion, too good for an average family house.

“Home is where the heart is, huh?” Eunjung bitterly smiles. Though nobody is here to greet her with smile, but she is at least home, where she feels much better when she walks in. Out of habit, every times she gets here, she is thinking about, at least texting someone to inform that she is home, Eunjung bits her lips upon her realization, she wants to pull her hair in frustration when she comes to realize that she just broke her communication device, she makes a mental note to remind herself that she will have her personal assistant to get her a new phone as the first thing in the morning.

“Good night” Eunjung speaks to no one but a person she just thought of.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

5.45 AM ~ An alarming sound is going off, for a first notification, a slim finger reaches out to turn off the alarm set on the phone. Unlike many other people who would try to buy more times on their comfortable beds by snoozing the alarm once or twice, at least to prolong their time in bed a little longer, a slim figure in white fabric shirt pajamas is drowsily rubbing her eyes before swinging her legs off the bed, she groggily wakes up, stretching her arms in the air, yawning. As beautiful as in a picture, the warm beautiful sunlight shining through the window, Hyomin spontaneously smiles to a new day, she looks out of window by her bed, always feels grateful to every morning she wakes up to, because it reminds her how lucky she is, living a life, still breathing and alive, and today it’s one of those days, she feel blessed. But before she gets up from her bed, something outside the window catches her eyes, she is surprised to see one here.

“How far have you come from?” Hyomin peeks through window and asks a thing that she never expects to get an answer from, a dandelion that is flying by the strength of wind blow. She absent-mindedly rests her arms at the window edge and her eyes follows the direction where that dandelion is going, lightly and freely, it drifts further

“What is your favorite flower?” An eight year old girl decided to break the silence because she couldn’t stand the loneliness of sitting next to a slightly two year younger girl who kept staring at the bright sky without saying a word for an hour. As a responsive reaction, the younger girl averted her attention to an older girl beside her, she seemed to be thinking a short while.

“I don’t know”

You don’t know?”

“I don’t know its name”

An older girl frowned but then she realized, the younger girl might be too young to learn the flower name

“How does it look like?” An older girl decided to ask the younger girl so she could describe it, the younger girl contemplated before she started to describe

“It can fly” She answered, the first thing she could remember right away.

“Silly, flower can’t fly”

“They fly across the meadow back at my home”

The older was completely puzzled, she had no idea how flower could fly, she had never seen that before, not in this city where she was born and grew up. On the other thought, she was doubting if the girl next to her might be so sad and grieved over a loss of her father and might be mumbling something nonsense.

“Unnie, look over there” a small hand was shaking her arm while another hand was pointing at something in the air.

“That’s it” She squealed; An older girl was looking at a light object in the air, at first she thought it was butterfly but more attentively she was focusing on an object to figure out what it was, then was wide open upon the answer she got.

“I see”

“You know what its name is?”

“Dandelion”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Oh you came home?” An old man who is already seated at dinning table for breakfast says when he sees his daughter coming toward the dinning room.

“Yes, last night, appa” Eunjung answers to her father's question

“How is everything so far?” He asks as he picks up a newspaper

“Everything is great, dad” Eunjung sits down on her usual chair

“Good to hear that” He lowers a newspaper for a quick glance at his daughter

“Good morning Eunjung, how are you?” A lady smiles upon seeing who is home today

“Good morning auntie, I’m fine and healthy” Eunjung stands up and walks toward her and gives a middle lady a hug

“See how differently she treats you and me?” A man says

“Aw dad, you know I love you” Eunjung turns to look at the man before releasing a hug and walks back to her seat

“I almost thought that I have Hyomin as my daughter here” He adds, not really serious

“I should come back home more often then” Eunjung says

“Yes, please home is not the same without you” A lady smiles as she sits herself across Eunjung.

“Less headache” Eunjung’s father comments

“Appa !! ” Eunjung whines, “ Well, I don’t think anyone is as good as your good girl Hyomin” She adds

“Of course, and she is always home” He compares

“Just because I have my own space doesn’t mean I’m not a good girl” Eunjung defends for herself

Father and daughter's morning conversation goes on and on without any of them agrees on one another's idea

Hyomin’s mother shakes her head at hearing the conversation between a father and daughter, they always have blunt yet mature talk . However, Park Jiwoo smiles at a scene before her, knowing well how much her brother-in-law loves his only daughter and he just misses her because her niece, Eunjung, just moved out for a while.

“Speaking of which, where is Hyomin, I’ve not seen her much lately though, I miss her ” Eunjung’s father is looking at Hyomin’s mother

“She left for work almost an hour ago” Hyomin’s mother informs

" I guess she is busy" He assumes

" Yes, she is" Jiwoo confirms

“She is very determined, I just read her interview on Elle Korea” He speaks, proud of his niece .

“Since when you read such entertainment stuff, dad?” Eunjung crosses her eyes

“Why not, our Hyomin gains so much love and fame, I’m proud of her” He smiles, “ Did you listen to her new single?”

“I don’t bother” Eunjung nonchalantly says

“That’s a shame” He shakes his head

“Well, her song is not my style” Eunjung sips her coffee

" Whatever, let's give more support" He suggests.

" I'll do what I can" Eunjung shrugs to drop a topic.

“By the way, I heard that your boyfriend just won a dispute case at the court, please tell him congratulation from me” Eunjung’s father says, as he pays his attention back to a newspaper

“I will , thank you oppa, he must be glad” Eunjung smiles, at least her father has something to compliment that related to her.

All her life, Eunjung has done everything to make her father proud of her, she studied hard and graduated with honor from a prestige university, with her well-planned future, Eunjung followed her father’s footstep and taken care of their successful business, developed by her knowledge, she is outstanding among the businesswoman in her ages and garnered a lot of public attention and positive admiration. She treats people well, does only the right things. Even though her father always praises her cousin for her overnight success of becoming a singer with fame and always proud of Hyomin for who she is, but Eunjung knows that her father loves her more than anyone and he is very proud of her too, so she will never do anything to let him down, never.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Confidently gazing in front of the camera, Hyomin completely has transformed her image from a sweet goddess of ballad singer to a y model for a magazine photoshoot, smiling tirelessly despite getting up early, and has not eaten anything yet, staff and crew always admire her for her passion, friendly and down-to-earth personality, it’s no doubt why she is popular and beloved by people nationwide, just less than two years after her debut, she has a very bighting path in her career, Hyomin has come so far with her digital album and couple mini albums afterward, additionally , the girl is blessed with her perfect body , Hyomin has appeared on several magazine covers and fashion features, and multi-million contract cosmetic endorsement.

Shot after shot, professionally Hyomin poses, and a happy smile never leave her face doing what she loves. The fruit of success is so sweet for her.

“The lighting is so perfect” Hyomin complements as she is checking thousand photos taken by a photographer.

“Your emotion makes them look perfect Hyomin ssi” A photographer compliments the model as well

“You are great at capturing the moment” Hyomin smiles at him

“I’m so flattered” He scratches a back of head, shyly.

“Seriously, you are one of the best photographers I’ve ever known” Hyomin checks photos appear on computer screen.

“That’s so honored but thank you so much” He beams so much that his cheeks hurt

“Thank you for creating such nice photos, I love them” She bows

“Thank you for your hard work too” He bows back , they smile at each other . Although Hyomin does it out of her friendly personality, it captures people's heart with her sincerity .

A little chat going on about work they are doing , and shortly after someone joins them, it’s none other than Hyomin manager, she approaches them courteously .

" Please excuse me" Soyeon talks to Seulong , a photographer

" No worries" He smiles at her before turning around to screen monitor with small thumbnail of photos

“Hyomin ssi, please go and change, you will have another schedule in an hour” Hyomin’s manager politely interrupts the conversation to remind the singer for her next schedule.

“Thank you Soyeon unnie” Hyomin averts her attention to her, she then talks to Seulong

" I'd like to stay to check more photos with you but I trust you did you great job, and I have to get going" Hyomin says.

" Aw, that's very nice of you to say that , and please go ahead, I'll take care of the rest" Seulong says

"I look forward to work with you next time Seulong ssi” Hyomin says with her warm smile.

“Me too” Seulong is so happy to hear so, his stare is focused on her

“See you next time” She bides him goodbye

" Good luck for your work" He blesses her.

Hyomin bows to the rest of staff and crew as she is led to fitting room by Soyeon unnie , and soon as they get inside the room, Soyeon starts to pack up.

“Have you eaten yet?” Soyeon asks as they are alone in the fitting room

“Not yet unnie” Hyomin answers honestly.

“Do you want me to grab you something before we head to a next schedule?” She offers

“I will be fine unnie, we can grab something on the way” Hyomin is being polite as she is. Just then Hyomin phone buzzes, Hyomin takes a glance.

“Unnie, would you mind to get me a cup of hot latte please ?” Hyomin turns to look at Soyeon as she changes her mind.

“Ok, I’ll be right back, by that time you should be done with changing” Soyeon is known for her strict and uptight way of managing artists’ schedules in their company.

“Yes, unnie, I’ll be quick” Hyomin gives a toothy smile.

“Ok, see you shortly” Soyeon walks toward a door and then exits , leaving Hyomin alone

Once Soyeon left, Hyomin starts reading her texts.

“Where are you?”

“At work”

“Are you free tonight?”

“I have tight schedule all day”

“I guess I won’t see you huh?”

“I’m sorry, I’m in the middle of hectic schedules of promotion”

“Fine, I’ll go out tonight then”

Hyomin heaves a sigh, contemplating of words she wants to say, but she withholds it, knowing that if she says it, she won’t be able to take it back and it may change everything and she is not ready for that. She can’t let this end, no matter how hard and hurtful to hold it back, but she convinces herself that she can still take it as long as she doesn’t lose this person, she is willing to bear every pain and all unfair conditions she stupidly agreed to them... just to have this person

“I get going for next schedule now”

Hyomin decides to type a short conclusion then she quickly puts her phone away in her handbag before she can’t control her emotion and probably slips words that she would regret or make her cry again. She grabs her clothes and swiftly walks to a changing room. As soon as she gets inside where she is sure nobody can see, she leans against a wall tiredly, “You are a fool, Hyomin” She says to herself.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Jiyeon shows her pensive emotionless expression after their CEO announced a new project that she is set to collaborate with her label mate, no argument or agreement is made, the girl is just too calm that nobody understands what she is thinking, in fact she appears too calm and mature than her age. It’s not like she is arrogant or being rude, she is actually nice and humble, it’s just her cold and private personality that sometimes make people find it’s hard to approach her but that it’s one of her charisma that fans find it interesting about her. Growing up as child actress turned singer, Jiyeon has been known nationwide for her morning drama series and her gifted emotional singing talent, she is very famous for her heartbreak songs that she is entitled or nicknamed “A princess of heartbreak”

“So how do you think Jiyeon?” A producer who has been working with her long enough is one of those who dares to ask.

“It's not a bad idea for my comeback” Jiyeon finally speaks “However, I can see that Hyomin ssi is quite busy with her phenomenon popularity and hectic schedule and I’m also filming a drama as well, I’m not quite sure if this will affect the project?” She voices out , everyone at the meeting listens and looks at each other

“Soyeon ssi , do you think you can manage that ? The CEO asks a person he believes is one of the best staff they’ve ever had.

“I have Hyomin ssi schedules under control, and I have reviewed Jiyeon ssi schedules, I’m positive that they can be managed without overriding on one another schedule, I can figure a near future plans as well" Soyeon answers confidently

“Ok, that’s great, schedule issue solved, please take care of that Soyeon ssi” CEO smiles

“Yes, sir” Soyeon takes her note

“Thank you” He says

“How about you Hyomin ssi?” The same producer asks, Hyomin takes a quick glance at JIyeon before answering.

“I’m so happy and honored to be working with Jiyeon ssi, I like her songs a lot” Hyomin honestly says

“Well, perfect then” Their CEO claps his hand. " I don't see any solid issue then" He says , convincing the rest to agree.

“ If nobody disagrees then I think we can start the project within this week because sooner it’s better, right now it’s a very perfect timing for both Jiyeon ssi and Hyomin ssi music genres ” The produces speaks his thoughts.

" Right, producer nim , I'll entrust this two in your monotoring and I trust you can do well" CEO compliments

" I'll do my best sir" The producer bows to his big boss

Both singers who share the same producer nod in agreement to their producer for they respect him and appreciate his work of art and his ideas are always their best advices. While CEO is someone they just have to follow, they don’t really pay much attention to him.

Into more details , concept has been discussed, the team add ideas, and opinion to it, with a cooperation from singers and great teamwork, their discussion goes well. After the meeting is concluded, Soyeon sits down and discusses other work detail with Jiyeon and Hyomin, two artists under her supervision.

“Well, I know you both have different personalities and it may be a little hard for you to work together” Soyeon seems to know them so well “I want you two to spend a little more time with each other so you get to know more about one another and bend together” She suggests.

“I think I can go through Hyomin ssi's album and listen to them to get the idea about her concept and singing style, so that should be enough” Jiyeon coolly says , not looking at Hyomin.

“It’s not only that Jiyeon, you will have a lot of activities and schedules to promote together, and you two must appear to get along well” Soyeon explains

“It’s just a single, do we have to do that much?” Jiyeon is not so pleased about the idea of having someone sitting and asking her about what she likes and dislikes

“Well, Soyeon unnie, it’s okay if Jiyeon ssi doesn’t want, I don’t want her to be uncomfortable either ” Hyomin steals a glance at Jiyeon before talking to Soyeon.

“Don’t you know our CEO well enough Jiyeon?” Soyeon has a knowing look which causes Jiyeon to stop and think, she seems to come to realize about something, she then rolls her eyes, leaving clueless Hyomin exchanging her gaze between Soyeon and Jiyeon.

“Excuse me, could you please enlighten me about what’s going on here?” Hyomin is being so confused so she decides to interrupt.

“Our CEO has already forecasted the success of your collaboration and he has few other upcoming foreseen plans for you too” Soyeon explains.

" I don't get it" Hyomin furrows her brows

" What should I say?" Soyeon ponders, " It's about marketing" She says

" Money" Jiyeon adds bluntly

" That's also one of them" Soyeon looks at Jiyeon

" More to it than this ?" Hyomin is curious

“You guys will become duo, I'm sure it's gonna one of these days soon” Soyeon concludes.

The answer alone makes Hyomin understand a whole idea of Soyeon private talk with them. Momentary, Jiyeon and Hyomin looks at each other but with different feeling. While Soyeon can imagine what is going to happen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Hand in hand, a perfect matched couple are smiling at people in their classy outfit and business attires, walking toward a party where they are invited to a formal party held by a law firm that a successful, handsome lawyer is working for.

Eunjung is holding hand with none other than her boyfriend, who is the star of this party for his exceptional trail and a successful case that he won for becoming a lawyer for them, which earns so much credit and trust to this company.

“Congratulation James”

“Thank you”

“You’re awesome”

“I’ll still have a lot to learn you sunbae nim”

“You are so humble”

“You’re incredible and I know it”

“ Oh, I’m so honoured”

Compliments after compliments, Eunjung hears the whole night as they stop and greet people at a courteous party, which most of them are attorneys, counsels and lawyers in thick glasses. Despite being in a middle of conversation that she is not so interested about legal and law, Eunjung keeps smiling, because social-networking is something she is so familiar of as a business woman , and no matter how boring the party is, she is good at maintaining her image and all, and always puts herself together, chins up and be professional.

“Where are you going babe?” James averts his attention to his girlfriend when she is making her move.

“I’ll just go to lady room” Eunjung is excusing herself.

“Ok” He gets up and moves the chair for her.

“I’ll be right back” Eunjung pats on the back of his hand.

Walking off to an isolated space, as soon as she are away from the group, Eunjung dials a number that she just got a missed call.

“Hello Qri unnie”

“Hey, I tried to call you”

“I’m sorry, I’m at the party”

“So you got my message, right?”

“Yes, that’s why I’m calling”

“That’s the information from a reliable source”

“That’s very useful but how much I can trust this”

“I would say 89% “

“Can you please email me the rest of files?”

“Sure, I’ll email you shortly”

“Thank you Qri unnie”

“Ok, enjoy the party”

“Thank you”

Instead of going back to join her boyfriend and his lawyer gang, Eunjung grabs a glass of wine from a waiter and finds herself a quiet space to think over about something, she looks up to the sky and smiles .

“Are you bored?” A caring voice comes with a strong arm that shoves around Eunjung’s waist breaks the trance of Eunjung’s thought, his perfume is one of the thing she can remember.

“No, I just need some fresh air” She smiles reassured

“I know lawyers are not so fun to talk to” James knows it.

“Well, not that’s bad, I’m not a bit tired”

“I’m sorry that party keeps you from resting after your long day”

“Nah, it’s your day and I’m happy for you”

“I’m so lucky to have so understanding girlfriend”

“So am I” She hugs him.

“I’ll drive you home soon”

“It’s okay, please enjoy with your friends, I can go back soon”

“Are you sure?”

“No worries, I hope they don’t mind I leave early”

“It’s alright, I don’t want to torture you, I know you’re exhausted”

“James?”

“I’m fine babe, I’ll walk to the car” He smiles before taking her hand and leading her out

“I’ll see you soon, go home safe” James kisses his girlfriend on her cheek as he helps her in to passenger seat where driver is already there.

“I’ll text you when I get home” Sweetly she waves him goodnight.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Hyomin, I’m sorry for Jiyeon” Soyeon is taking a look at a drowsy girl sitting next to her

“No worries Soyeon unnie, it’s work, I understand”

“She is a bit too much, but once you get to know her, you will understand”

“Not really, I’m just glad that I got chance to work with her, she is excellent” Hyomin honestly says

“You are a very first person ever stay positive after experiencing a not-so-friendly encounter with Jiyeon” Soyeon frankly says

“Really, don’t worry, I think we will work well together” Hyomin assures as the same time a van stops as a driver arrives in his destination.

“I’m more relieved that is you” Soyeon sincerely tells Hyomin, a singer smiles.

“Thank you for hard work unnie, have a good night” Hyomin grabs her stuff as she is to get off the van that drops her off at her home.

“Sleep well, and I’ll see you tomorrow” Soyeon says as Hyomin is getting off the van sleepily

“You too, Soyeon unnie” Hyomin waves her goodbye with her half closed eyes.

“Oh, actually you don’t have to be so early tomorrow, I’ll pick you up at 9 am, get more sleep” Soyeon looks at her wrist watch

“Ok, see you then, thank you again” Hyomin turns around and heads to a house gate, she is too tired, and all she needs is her bedroom.

As Hyomin is walking toward the house, she recognizes a car that is parked there, black Mercedes , she pauses, unconsciously she looks up to a room where light is on .

“Good night” 

-------------------TBC------------------

 

I'm back with the reupload of  Dandelion and Heart Road with slight rewrite in each chapter. Simply I can't just handle missing EunMin / Hahm Park anymore . Since it's bittersweet angst so I'll not going to pain your heart way too much , once chapter at a time. Please stay tuned !