Yesterday’s present

Dandelion & Heart Road

 

It has been two weeks since Hyomin and Jiyeon started to live together under a same roof that company has provided them, even though awkwardness between them never goes away, they manage to keep their professionalism and avoid unnecessary fight that may keep their work from flowing. Jiyeon and Hyomin starts promoting Jiyeon’s new single together and one last week of non-stop preparation, Jiyeon finally released her new single.

With earphones cover over their ears Hyomin and Jiyeon are not sitting at the radio station, broadcasting live, all smiling at the cameras with seem to be equipped every corner of the studio. And DJ Sunny , a famous former girl group who turns a full time DJ hosting the program, she randomly read the questions from fans for Hyomin and Jiyeon to answer , and today DJ Sunny seems so happy with a rapid rating on her program that is noticeable b huge phenomenon reaction from fans who are happily surprised to see these two different character idols get together , working on a same project which it's like a gift to fans

“This is such a great surprise comes with great song at the end of the year, girls”, DJ Sunny compliments

“Thank you” Jiyeon and Hyomin says in unison

“Fans are so curious how you guys are coming up with this single together” DJ Sunny goes through messages on screen and talks to her guests.

“It’s something really new for me” Jiyeons starts to answer, “It’s so honored to have Hyomin ssi to lend her beautiful voice in this single” Jiyeon looks at Hyomin sitting next to her side then she gives her a light smile, Hyomin sudden catches off guard to Jiyeon’s random compliment, she knows Jiyeon is doing this because they are broadcasting live but for a moment she feels it so genuine.

“Nah, I’m more honored to get a chance to work with Jiyeon ssi, she is a great artist” Hyomin quickly replies

“I’m so flattered now” Jiyeon grins a little “Really, I’m so thankful to Hyomin ssi to make this song so perfect” Jiyeon goes again with another round of compliment.

“You guys are being so humble; we all know you are both great in different ways” DJ Sunny cuts in. Hyomin and Jiyeon can only smile.

“Well, beside the single itself, one thing that it’s not impossible not to mention, the Official Music Video which just released an hour ago but unbelievably drawing tons of viewers, now it reaches 2 million views already” DJ Sunny is squealing in excitement

“Oh really?” Hyomin wonders

“Yep” DJ. Sunny points at screen monitor .

Hyomin canes her neck to look at it while Jiyeon bends over to Hyomin’s side to peek over the monitor as the result they are so close together, faces are just inch apart that Hyomin can feel Jiyeon’s breath, for a moment their eyes meet and all action broadcasting does not go unnoticed by fans.

“That’s excellent, I’m so grateful” Jiyeon smiles from ear to ear, and Hyomin is no different, she is so happy to be a part of it. Both are awed by so much attention given to their MV.

“Ok, now let’s talk about a story in this MV, I guess many of us are curious” DJ Sunny mentions about the MV which causes guests to turn their attention to DJ.

“Well, it’s about the painful heart breaking of two women” Jiyeon explains

“Yes, we get that part but what fans and viewers, including me, are curious and are talking about, it’s a complicated relationship portraying by you Jiyeon ssi and Hyomin ssi in MV” DJ Sunny is grinning amusingly.

“ Ah” Hyomin seems to blush a little

“Oh that ” Jiyeon giggles to lighten the awkwardness

Hyomin and Jiyeon kinda expects this, and they know this question is going to be frequently asked when they promote this single. They just found out the concept of MV storyline a few days ago when they showed up at filming set and they were briefed by director how MV was going to be filmed with complex perspectives and mystery where two broken hearted women that they were best friends being there for each other and some nice tender and heartwarming scenes, creating doubt and question of their feelings for each other after the heartbreak, and possibly more than friend relationship of two characters played by Jiyeon and Hyomin. The unfinished ending totally puzzles the viewers.

“Hey, look at this comment” DJ Sunny looks at screen, “I love the morning bed scene, it’s so beautiful and heartwarming, yet making me wonder if they fall for each or love each other more than friends…..listener xoxox”

“Well, who is going to give me the right answer for this ?” DJ. Sunny plays along and grins naughtily at her two guests back and forth, “Jiyeon ssi?”

“Well, how about Hyomin answer first” Jiyeon sudden throws it at Hyomin. Hyomin glares at her .

“ Hm, what should I say?” Hyomin stutters “ Honestly , I want to give credit to our director who can make this MV so beautiful yet mysterious” Hyomin comments, which earns laughter from radio team staff there including Sunny and Jiyeon.

“ I kinda doubt it too, I think it depends on how you look at it, there is no specific answer for feeling, they could be only friends who love each other so much, or it could be more than that” Hyomin adds in unclear answer.

“I feel the same way as Hyomin ssi does” Jiyeon suddenly chimes in “ This MV is so beautiful than to be defined, thank you to our director who put so much effort into this work and make it so complicatedly real” Jiyeon answers smartly.

“Complicatedly real?” DJ Sunny raises her eyebrow

“Yes, it comes out with so much feels and emotions that looks so real, and at the same time it raises curiosity that we need to find the answer” Jiyeon explains.

“I agree” DJ Sunny nods, “I even start to doubt if there is something between you two?” She jokes which makes everyone laughs.

“Who knows ?” Jiyeon smiles.

“You bet I’m going to be you guys first shipper” DJ. Sunny is funnily commenting “But seriously MV is so beautiful” Sunny adds

“Thank you, and thank you all for great support and it’s energy to keep us going, we will work harder to give you happiness” Jiyeon shows her gratitude.

“We ? you are making us more curious if you may have another project together soon?” DJ Sunny is quick enough to catch words.

“Just like unfinished ending in MV, that’s for you to find out” Hyomin is clever enough to save Jiyeon from being attacked with question.

“Yeah, please look forward to our surprise !!” Jiyeon wraps up

“Wow, so interesting, let’s look forward to it. Meanwhile, let’s listen to live performance of this new single by Jiyeon ssi and Hyomin ssi, Kiss & Cry”

With that said, Jiyeon and Hyomin gets up to get themselves ready to perform live, with their harmony duet, it’s not hard to impress the listeners with their voices and just within an hour of the radio program, the single’s rank soars up to number #1 in all chart making it all kill chart, with increasing view on their MV , and additionally they become a trend on search #MinYeon #Kiss&CryMV . Everything goes as their CEO’s strategical plan, the phenomenon hit.

While two singers are enjoying the compliments and positive comments, the joy of being number one on charts, sweetness of achievement in what they put all effort in. One person is being completely different. She all lies when she says she doesn’t listen to Hyomin’s songs, nor read her interviews in magazines and never cares to look at articles online about her cousin, Eunjung pays every single attention in everything her woman does in her life, nothing ever is out of her focus, Hyomin is her center of attention even though she never admits, successfully hides it. She is known as totally private person when it comes to certain topic, never once she ever mentions about her cousin publically despites being asked very often of her popular cousin, she avoids answering how close they were or any articles involving her cousins, she always politely dismisses the questions or covers it up by changing topic to business or her boyfriend instead.

Eunjung who just listened and watched live broadcasting radio program, is re-watching the MV with her straight face contrasting to her feeling that is boiling inside with mixture of uneasy emotions; Discomfort, disappointment, displease and worse of all, undesirable jealousy. Her knuckle turns white as she forgets how long she has been tightening it.

“You are not changing, right?”

Flashback (9 years ago)

“Surprise !!” Eunjung excitedly pulled out two concert tickets and waving them in front of her cousin when the younger girl arrived home from her school.

“Oh, you’ve got tickets” Hyomin widened her eyes.

“Yeah, your favorite band” Eunjung said proudly

“Wow” Hyomin seemed to be in shocked mode rather than being happy.

“Why? Are you not happy? Eunjung raised her brow observing Hyomin’s reaction

“Of course I’m” Hyomin smiled widely but there was something in that and Eunjung knew better

“No, you are not totally happy” Eunjung’s smile disappeared, her hand holding tickets dropped to her side.

“I don’t know you would got the ticket” Hyomin stated, half reasoning.

“And what is wrong with me getting tickets, thought you wanted to go to this concert” Eunjung couldn’t comprehend

“I did, but I didn't know you would got us tickets so I agreed to go to concert with someone who offered me ticket” Hyomin faintly explained and observed Eunjung’s reaction.

“Who offered you ticket?” Eunjung raised her brow, feeling disappointed that she was late

“A friend in my classroom” Hyomin admittedly scarily

“And who is that?” Eunjung’s voice was cold and flat, thinking of whoever that tried hard to get a concert ticket to please her cousin.

“A guy friend, named Hyun Woo” Hyomin bit her lips

“Oh , so you are going to a concert with a guy!!” Eunjung repeated

“I was going to tell you” Hyomin defended, knowing how Eunjung didn’t like when she chose someone over her.

“You are not, and you didn’t tell me many things these days” Eunjung felt hurt, she was always the first Hyomin told everything, but she seemed to change a little bit now.

“I’m sorry, I’ve been busy with exam prep. for college admission” Hyomin felt bad for hurting her cousin.

“I don’t think that is the case, back in two years ago when I was preparing for my college, I didn’t change a bit but always put you first, all the time” Eunjung was obviously upset

“Eunjung unnie, that’s not it, I’m not changing” Hyomin was trying to explain.

“You just have more friends now” Eunjung smiled dryly, “Alright, have fun then” Eunjung was about to walk away

“Eunjung unnie, I’ll just cancel my plan with my friend and go with you” Hyomin held Eunjung back

“Don’t bother, and don’t do that, it’s not good for you that you keep changing when you’ve already made up your mind, people will look at you as indecisive person, just go, I’ll give it to someone else” Eunjung walked away.

After that talk, Hyomin and Eunjung just carried on with their lives normally, and avoided talking about that little argument; Eunjung was a college student with a lot more to do and Hyomin was a last year senior high schooler, busy preparing for college. Good at hiding her frustration emotion, Eunjung was still treating Hyomin the same way she had been doing since Hyomin came to live with them after the death of her father, or Eunjung’s uncle, a younger brother to her father. Older girl never changed, never once.

Getting used to a special treatment and attention given to her by older girl, Hyomin could never define what this wonderful feeling was, all she knew she couldn’t stand seeing Eunjung being upset or cry, and she would always think of the older girl first for whatever she did, it was just her excitement to see the tickets from her friend that she accepted his offer, didn’t know that Eunjung would also get it. Finally, concert performance day came and Hyomin was waiting if Eunjung would change her mind to go with her but the latter kept quiet so Hyomin just met up with her friend as plan. Little that she knew, Eunjung was being all upset and restless, she looked out of the window watching Hyomin walking out of the gate, knowing someone was picking her up, she didn’t like the feeling that Hyomin was going with someone else instead of her.

 

“Eunjung unnie” Hyomin’s voice was different, her breath was heavy and tired.

“What’s wrong?” Eunjung’s heart dropped when she heard Hyomin’s voice

“Help” Hyomin managed to say.

“What’s wrong? tell me now !!” Eunjung commanded in rush tone

“I think I’m drugged” Hyomin was feeling hot and uncomfortable

“WTH, where are you now!!?” Eunjung dashed out of the crowd in no time, she was secretly following Hyomin to the concert but lost her a while back inside the concert hall. She kept glancing at her phone, then it was flashing with familiar name calling. Trying to comprehend the location Hyomin was managing to allocate, Eunjung finally made her way to a female bathroom, looking around, she saw only one unit that was locked

“Are you here Hyomin?” Eunjung called out

“Eunjung unnie” Hyomin’s faint voice confirmed everything

“Open the door for me !!” Eunjung commanded, the door slightly opened and Eunjung found Hyomin sat there on bathroom floor, hugging herself with her red face.

“Poor girl” Wasting no time, Eunjung helped Hyomin up and led her out of the bathroom to the car.

“How are you feeling?” Eunjung was shaking as she was driving and observing Hyomin

“It’s so hot” Hyomin tried to remove her clothes, her eyes were watery.

“I’ll kill him” Eunjung’s gritted her teeth thinking of a guy who dared to do this to her cousin

“Help me please” Hyomin was now shivering though she felt hot, Eunjung’s mind was processing hard what to do, she couldn’t go to clinic and had people find out about this, it would be bad for Hyomin, and she couldn’t go straight home and let Hyomin’s mother and her father knew about this too.

“Hang in there, you’ll be alright” Eunjung was thinking of what to do, she saw Hyomin biting her own knuckles suppressing herself, it was so painful to see this, Eunjung couldn’t bring herself to drive anymore and had to stop.

“ Hyomin ah, please stop” Eunjung stopped Hyomin from biting her own knuckles by holding her hands

“Eunjung unnie, please help me” Hyomin pleaded sympathetically, her lips were dry as she looked into Eunjung’s eyes, Eunjung swallowed, she found her tear running down her cheeks looking Hyomin suffering with the influence of drug. She couldn’t take it anymore, Eunjung bended over to cup Hyomin’s face, hoping to erase her suffering and pain, she sealed her lips with younger girl’s and the latter responded without being hesitant, their hearts were pounding, while Hyomin’s hand wrapped around Eunjung’s neck so tight as if her life depended on it .It started with physical desire, the kiss became passionate as both of them acted their ways naturally as if it was something their hearts had been longing for, each moan escaping Hyomin’s mouth was like a melodic sound to Eunjung’s ear , however with Eunjung’s conscious awareness, she stopped and parted the kiss when it became to passionate. She couldn’t see the disappointment and displeased in Hyomin’s eyes.

“Eunjung unnie, I need you” Hyomin’s breath was getting heavier, she reached out to touch Eunjung’s face. Hearing so, Eunjung’s heart raced with its irregular beat, and light touch from Hyomin’s hand didn’t help it at all, she quickly started engine to drive away from the spot.

“Forgive me Hyomin” Eunjung took a turn when she saw a sign of a place that she would never thought a second to come if it was in normal situation ~ Hotel ~

“Because I do need you too”

End of flashback

Contemplating to write message to ask Hyomin , Eunjung forms sentence and has to delete it for ninth times , it just looks so stupid of her to show her jealousy over this thing, and she knows the latter would not like it too.

“I miss you today” Sent

That was all Eunjung decided to send.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jiyeon lays down on her bed tiredly after returning home from her schedule, or to be exact, their schedule because Hyomin is also attached to this project so literarily it’s their very first duet debut and promoting together seems to be their activities. They don’t only appear on music show together but also TV variety show and other commercial activities now, she is not surprised with such a pattern of work, but to be honest, she feels different because all her career life, she has worked alone, always goes to set alone or films solo or even eats alone but now having someone going most everywhere with her is just foreign. Unaware of it, smile makes its way to Jiyeon’s face, then she remembers something, slowly she gets up and reaches for light pink blanket folded neatly on shelf, she takes it out , feeling the softness of the fabric, Jiyeon does not wonder why it gives such a heavenly feels, just looking at the brand tag, she knows how good quality and expensive this blanket is, she is fighting with her own thought whether to return to its owner or to keep it for a while, she is not a cheap person who wants stuff that belong to someone else, and without a doubt she can afford to buy hundreds or thousands of them without bothering her saving account but the only reason she wants to keep it with her for a while because it’s from her .

Flashback

It was a cold December night where most families had good times celebrating Christmas’s Eve, couples on street holding each other hand, people were rushing homes carrying bags with Christmas’s gifts , laughter and smile appeared on people’s faces, the spirit of merry and season’s greetings was in the air but it was not for a little nine years old girl who was aimlessly wandering around the street feeling cold and sad, no where she wanted to go, all she knew she just wanted to leave a place that was too cold to be home, it was just way too much for a little girl to bear the pain seeing her drunken father coming home destroying the stuff. There was no single day, Jiyeon never found her happiness again since her mother was gone, and a day like this did nothing but made her miss her mother even more. Stopped by a toy store, Jiyeon looked through display shopping glass where thousands of exciting colorful toys arranged in shelves, her eyes were travelling from puffy stuff animals to various Lego houses, dolls and Christmas tree, but then they stopped at a girl in her light pink dress and white sweater, standing beside the Christmas tree holding Christmas gift box, Jiyeon was staring at her through the display glass, just then she turned around and met with Jiyeon’s eyes, they kept starring at each other temporarily , and it was Jiyeon who broke the starring, she didn’t know what to do but to look away, and turned around, she then walked away from where she was standing, feeling embarrassed.

“Hey” A voice called

“You, please stop” A girl called, Jiyeon turned around, looking left and right, not sure if it was her.

“Yes, it’s you I’m talking to” The girl confirmed as she was approaching Jiyeon.

“Me?” Jiyeon asked

“Yes” The girl in pink dress and white sweater stopped in front of Jiyeon

“I don’t know you” Jiyeon said

“Neither I do” The girl smiled, Jiyeon raised her eyebrow

“Aren’t you cold wearing like this outside?” The girl examined Jiyeon’s thin outfit, which it didn’t make Jiyeon felt any better but embarrassed because the girl in front of her just wore so nicely with her cute dress, thick sweater, scarf, boots and legging.

“That’s not your business” Jiyeon was offended

“Hey, don’t get me wrong, I didn't mean it that way” The girl held Jiyeon’s hand to stop her from walking away.

“Let’s go off me” Jiyeon tried to break loose

“I will” The girl said while still holding on to Jiyeon. Jiyeon turned around to face her, then the girl slowly let go of the hand.

“Please take these, at least they will keep you warm” The girl was removing her mittens from her hands and offered them to Jiyeon. The latter didn’t take them but stared at them. The girl forced Jiyeon to take them by putting them into her hands.

“You know I don’t just give away my stuff to people and these are my favorite pair of mittens, you’d better wear them well” The girl instructed.

“Why do you have to give to me?” Jiyeon asked

“Because I want to” The girl answered, “It’s Christmas’s Eve, people give gifts” ,She added , all smiling.

“But I don’t know you and you don’t know me” Jiyeon argued

“That’s not a reason to keep me from give you warmth” The girl argued with her logics and Jiyeon just didn’t know what to argue more.

“And, be kind to everyone even you don’t know them that what my mother told me” The girl reasoned. Jiyeon just stood there holding the mittens.

“Thank you” And it was the first time the girl could see Jiyeon smiling

“Please stay warm ok?” The girl smiled back

“ I will” Jiyeon smiled wholeheartedly

“Hyomin !!” Both of them turned to the direction where a girl running toward them.

“ Eunjung unnie” A girl who was called Hyomin shouted back

“What are you doing here?” Eunjung quickly rushed to Hyomin’s side

“ I was talking to a friend, I’m going back now” Hyomin answered

“ A friend?” Eunjung stared at Jiyeon from head to toe, and Hyomin could feel the dead air.

“I’ll see you around my friend” Hyomin smiled at Jiyeon waving at her, gesturing that they would leave, Hyomin hugged Eunjung’s arm and tried to dragged her from the spot.

“What is her name?” Eunjung asked

“ Em ?” Hyomin mentally facepalmed as she forgot to ask the girl’s name

“Park Hyomin, how many time do I have to remind you not to talk to stranger?” Eunjung knew better that Hyomin just lied.

“Eunjung unnie, don’t you hear that friend starts from stranger” Hyomin was walking away with Eunjung.

“ But that girl is not someone you are going to be friend with, look what she wears” Eunjung chided

“Unnie, please” Hyomin tried to calm her cousin down, she looked back and Jiyeon was still there in audible distance and she was quite sure that she heard it, she bowed her head to apologize but the girl just stood there watching them walking away.

A knock on the door brought Jiyeon back, she decides to put the blanket on the shelf and walks to answer the door.

“Sorry to disturb, I assumed you might be still awake” Hyomin says

“Obviously yes” Jiyeon rests her arm on door frame

“Well, I just ordered pizza and wonder if you want to join” Hyomin invites

“Not a bad idea” Jiyeon grins

“Great, I don’t have to eat the whole pizza alone” Hyomin smiles

“Oh, you planned to share me some fat and calories?” Jiyeon jokes

“Unless you don’t want than I have coke-zero with 0 cal.” Hyomin shrugs her shoulder

“You must be kidding me to let me watch you eating yummy pizza and I drink such a tasteless sugar free soda” Jiyeon frowns playfully

“Well, let’s have pizza party then” Hyomin cheers

“I’m in” Jiyeon walks out of the door.

Hyomin and Jiyeon enjoys late night snack and watch the re-run of their performance on TV . Jiyeon can’t help but wonders how slim figure like Hyomin can eat that much and still stay slim, and the latter doesn’t seem to care of what she eats and just enjoys it, unlike many other singers who trend to stick to their strict diet food which Jiyeon finds it a bit annoying because she doesn’t like it that way too.

“Thank you for pizza tonight” Jiyeon averts her attention from TV to talk to a lady on the other end of sofa to find that she is already asleep with her head hanging low. Jiyeon just shakes her head, she slowly approaches Hyomin and takes a last bite of pizza from Hyomin’s hand. Quietly getting up to clean the table, then Jiyeon walks to her room and comes back with her spare blanket, gently adjusts the sleeping figure to sleep more comfortably, she covers her with white blanket up to her chest level.

“Thank you for the warmth” Jiyeon whispers inaudibly

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“I heard that both of his daughters are pretty”

“In different way that I know”

“One is music composer while another one is attorney at law”

“That’s total different fields”

“They look different too, half-sisters”

“I know the youngest, she is so pretty and smart, master degree in international law”

“Yes, Seohyun is a woman that all guys could wish for”

“Older sister, Kim Taeyeon is interesting and pretty too”

“Well, I heard rumor says it that she is not dating guy”

“What’s a shame”

Eunjung has been listening to conversation that James and his friends have been exchanging while she is seating with them at function dinner celebrating 20th anniversary of a law firm that they are invited. Admittedly that she is bored to death but she has to be there with her boyfriend as he begged her to come with him.

“ Oh, here they come” Eunjung looks at the direction where two ladies walking side by side with a middle age man . A shorter lady is in short black dress revealing her white collarbone, pretty and elegant while on the other side, a taller lady in her white dress, just looks like a goddess with her feature and the way she walks. Now she understands why men here are talking about them, the two daughters of an influential lawyer, they are perfect admirers.

“What an unfair, she is too perfect to like girl”, Changmin, one of James’s friends comments which causes Eunjung to cough her drink.

“Are you alright babe?” James asks worriedly

“Yes, I just drank too fast” Eunjung smiles

“Here is water” James hands Eunjung a glass of water.

“Thank you” Eunjung takes the glass

“James, why are you so lucky to have found someone like Eunjung ssi?” His friend asks in envious tone

“This is just one of a million” James says proudly as he puts his arm around her waist

“Eunjung ssi, don’t you have any friend you could introduce to us ?” Wooyoung asks

“Not really” Eunjung smiles

“How about introducing Hyomin to our Chansung? They can be a perfect match” James suggests, Chansung, the youngest and the shyest guy in the group is brought into conversation.

“Who is Hyomin?” Changmin asks

“Eunjung’s cousin” James answers, oblivious to how uncomfortable his girlfriend is .

“Please don’t tell me she is Park Hyomin, a singer” Wooyoung says dreamingly

“Fortunately, yes, she is” James answers proudly

“Are you kidding me?” Wooyoung exclaims in surprise, while other join him with surprise look on their faces.

“Why didn’t we know that?” Changmin is so interested and excited.

Eunjung is sheepishly smiling, but before she can come up with any answer, their conversation is interrupted when a master of ceremony starts his introduction and asks for all ladies and gentlemen’s attention, respecting the ceremony in business manner, they turn their attention to the speaker, listening to him attentively. Eunjung inwardly sighs and thanks to the bell ring that saved her.

Much to her dislike, she doesn’t want this person to be involved in any kind of their conversation, not to mention introducing her to these guys, that will never happen. Speaking of whom, Eunjung takes a quick glance at her phone in hope to get words from that person who has been busy lately that they barely talk, and now she misses her again.

After a while the group starts to separate to go and talk to different people, while James sticks around Eunjung. Uninterested in such a function, Eunjung can’t find anything related to her business or people she can talk to for social networking that would do any do benefit to her business. But then her boyfriend’s sudden question gets all her attention.

“Isn’t that Hyomin?” James asks as he looks at the far corner, Eunjung follows, and a person she is looking at is none other than Hyomin. The woman is in her glamourous black dress, standing next to a woman called Kim Taeyeon that the guys were talking about earlier. They are all chatting and smiling.

“Did you know if Hyomin knows Kim Taeyeon?” James is interested

“Not in my knowledge” Eunjung answers while she can’t take her eyes of them

“That’s easier now” James states

“What do you mean?” Eunjung frowns

“That’s easier for me to introduce myself to Mr. Kim” James reveals, Eunjung can’t believe what she just heard.

“You are not planning to get to that by approaching them huh?” Eunjung tentatively asks

“Why not? That’s a good chance” James grins knowingly

Eunjung is a business woman with capitalized mindset who would try to connect with people for business purpose, but she never uses other for her benefit, hearing her boyfriend’s thought today taking her back a bit.

“I think we’d better leave them alone” Eunjung suggests, avoiding to face Hyomin at this situation even though in her head is screaming with curiosity and desperate to find out how Hyomin knows Taeyeon, and how close they are that Hyomin is invited to this kind of dinner.

“Oh come on, that’s Hyomin and she is your cousin” James encourages.

“That’s why you can’t just use her like that” Eunjung is obviously showing her defense for Hyomin

“It’s not like using her, and why do you have to be so emotional now? you don’t even care about her at all” James tries to support his own thought without knowing that he is fuming Eunjung unforgivingly.

“I can’t believe you just said that” Eunjung is being so frustrated, she tries to control her anger that not many get to see.

“Come on babe, you can’t hide this from me, I know Hyomin is a cousin you don’t even care about her existence, you don’t even want to mention about her”, James judges from what he knows after dating the only heir of billionaire.

“You’re crossing the line” Eunjung sternly states

“Oh, are you mad at me?” James is taken back

“You may know me” Eunjung looks at her boyfriend, inwardly smirks.

“It’s just little thing, babe, if I said something wrong then I’m sorry” James surrounds his arms around Eunjung, but she backs away.

“I need to go to lady room” Eunjung just walks away, James can only sigh and shake his head.

After leaving James alone, Eunjung never plans to go back, she thinks she has enough, plus inner desire that James was showing though his attitude is disgusted by Eunjung. She strolls around the party with the drink on her hand, and now she is standing at a spot where she can clearly observe two figures chatting happily and occasionally sipping their drinks, she has an urge to approach them and yank a woman who dares to get so close to Hyomin away, whispering in her ear time to time. Once she sees Hyomin excusing herself, Eunjung makes a move all of sudden, she quietly follows Hyomin.

“Can I talk to you for a second?” Eunjung grabs Hyomin’s hand once they are inside a lady room, she locks the external door.

“Can’t you just show up without scaring me?” Hyomin is being sarcastic.

“I’m sorry” Eunjung says

“I didn’t know you were here” Hyomin looks at Eunjung

“I come with James” Eunjung carefully answers

“I assumed” Hyomin’s face is sadden quickly

“But I didn’t expect to see you here either” Eunjung is ready to ask

“I’m here because I got invited by Kim Taeyeon, my friend” Hyomin simply answers

“Didn’t know you were friend with her?” Eunjung is searching an answer.

“We got introduced though my friend, it’s good to be friend with her, we work in same industry” Hyomin nonchalantly gives detail.

“Judging from the way she treats you, are you sure she wants to be only friend?” Eunjung is skeptic, jealousy is obvious though she tries to hide it.

“Oh, is she that obvious?” Hyomin makes a face

“I guess she even tells the world that she is not into guy” Eunjung snaps

“Well at least she doesn’t hide it” Hyomin snaps back and it hits Eunjung directly.

“She is in different spot” Eunjung just says it

“That doesn’t make a difference” Hyomin reasons

“Don’t you think I wish thing was less complicated, for me, for us ?” Eunjung sincerely admits and Hyomin knows better than to put more weight on older woman’s shoulder.

“We are in this together” Hyomin decides to say.

“Does she like you?” Eunjung bluntly asks , Hyomin tries to hold back her laughter

“Well, I don’t know and that’s not my business” Hyomin shrugs her shoulder nonchalantly

“It’s surely my business if anyone dares to flirt with my …..” Eunjung pauses when she looks at a door’s direction. Hyomin can only smirk, she walks to a sink to wash her hands. Then she feels a pair of arms wrapping around her waist. Hyomin closes her eyes, feeling the warmth that only this pair of arms can give, they fit perfectly around her waist. Eunjung turns Hyomin to face her, she looks into those eyes, slowly she pecks on her those rosy pink lips.

“My woman” Eunjung says after a peck, then she bends toward to give another gentle kiss “My salvation”, and then one last kiss “ My life” Eunjung ends with wide smile pasturing on her face.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“What’s wrong guys?” Hyomin approaches her duo friends after their meeting with CEO. Minkyung is all sulking while Haeri is more calm.

“He wants us to separate for a while” Haeri answers

“What do you mean?” Hyomin is puzzled

“That’s crazy man wants to create a new rumor” Minkyung pisses

“I’m confused” Hyomin needs the answer.

“I have a new project for my musical play that my co-star is famous actor so he wants a little love line to spice up a trend” Haeri explains

“And why does it has anything to do with you both have to be separated, that doesn’t make sense” Hyomin finds it making no sense for all of this.

“We have been together as duo for so long, and fans always remember us this way and with our natural bond he thought that audience won’t be into the play because I look like gay” Haeri answers.

“Definitely you are “ Minkyung comments

“Stop it Minki” Haeri quietly chides, she looks around in caution.

“Hope he didn’t find out that you guys are” Hyomin pauses

“He is not a dumb” Minkyung adds

“Minkyung is afraid that he may be up to other plan” Haeri clarifies, she pats her girlfriend’s head lightly

“I hope it’s just for this musical play, don’t be so worried. I keep my finger crossed” Hyomin encourages

“Thank you” Haeri says

“Oh, how is your date with Taeyeon?” Minkyung lifts her head and asks

“Stop it Minki” Hyomin warns

“Mind your words kid” Haeri chimes in

“Well, how was your invitation to dinner ceremony at Kim’s Group?” Minkyung sarcastically corrects her sentence.

“Well, that’s not bad” Hyomin smiles .

“Tell us, tell us” Minkyung persuades

“You’re annoying” Hyomin blushes away her friend’s hand. Hyomin smiles thinking of her conversation with Kim Taeyeon.

Flashback

“I like the song you composed a lot” Hyomin complimented as she has seen some of the work Taeyeon had showed her.

“I’m glad you like it” Taeyeon smiled from ear to ear

“Mind to share who is the person behind this song?” Hyomin asks knowingly, Taeyeon blushed hard

“Can you please stop that creepy smile?” Hyomin joked

“Yah, is it necessary for you stop my romantic daydreaming of person I love?” Taeyeon pouted

“Now tell me who is she?” Hyomin commanded, Taeyeon looked left and right, she bended over to whisper to Hyomin’s ear

“Ah, is she that American girl you forever had a crush on?” Hyomin awed as she whispered back

“Exactly” Taeyeon smiled thinking of her eye-smiled woman.

“Don’t tell me that you” Hyomin stopped

“See how cool is your friend now?” Taeyeon put fingers under her chin

“You’re the best” Hyomin was happy for her friend

“We have been together for a year now” Taeyeon revealed

“Congratulation, I’m happy for you” Hyomin took her friend’s hand.

“Thank you” Taeyeon smiled

“How about you?” Do you still have crush on one person that you told me you were not supposed to fall?” Taeyeon asked her friend. She didn’t know much about it, all she knew Hyomin fell for a person she was not supposed to, but she didn’t ask much because it was obvious that Hyomin didn’t want to tell her about it.

“Yeah, forever” Hyomin admitted. Taeyeon put a hand on her friend’s shoulder, with not much word to share, they understood each other. This was one thing that not many people knew, Hyomin and Taeyeon were friends since they were little before Hyomin moved from her hometown to live with her cousin’s family. They lost contact sometimes during their youth but always reconnected, Hyomin met Taeyeon again when she flew to take her music summer classes in states for three months, since then they always stayed in touch by email. And now they met again, Taeyeon was happy to give her composed song for Hyomin to sing in her next album.

“I need to go to restroom, I’ll be back soon, don’t miss me” Hyomin joked

“Of course I will, y lady” Taeyeon winked

End of Flashback

“So you are not going to tell us” Minkyung still insists

“Well, that’s for you to find out” Hyomin says

“I’m going to next schedule, Jiyeon shall wait for me now” Hyomin checks her wristwatch

“Thought you would go on the same van as us” Haeri remembers they had to share the van

“Jiyeon and I will have couple schedules together so she will drive and it's easier for us” Hyomin gets up with her bag.

“Wow, does that girl allow you to get on her car?” Minkyung asks

“Yeah, why not ?” Hyomin looks at the duo who exchanging funny looks on their faces.

“Last time I heard she let her co-star actor walked in the rain because she didn’t like anyone to get on her car” Minkyung recalls.

“Well, I don’t know that” Hyomin is digesting new information.

“That’s interesting” Minkyung looks at Haeri

“Whatever I’m running late now, see you guys later” Hyomin dashes out of the door.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking darling?” Minkyung grins

“Yes, baby” Haeri smiles knowingly.

 

 

TBC 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I know it has been long and I am not surprised if you guys can't remember the storyline because me too ^_^ , that was why it comes back with a slight edition with minor rewrited lines . Anyway , thank you for being patient with me  :)