Surrender

Dandelion & Heart Road

Street sight seems to be the only thing that keeps a passenger inside a cab from being distracted by her chaotic mind. Billboard signs, people walking by, or even street food vendors are easily entertaining her as her boredom is killed, while the cab driver is driving in silence focusing on direction given, Hyomin just wishes she was home by now where she can be alone rethinking. Reaching for her phone in her handbag, no any new message, indicating that a person she just left, would still be sleeping, which is good because she wants the latter to get some rest. And just only thinking of that face, unconscious smile makes its way to her face, her reason to smile , and that’s the only reason she keeps going on, rough road with no light, Hyomin holds on to the thing she believes which is to appreciate everything and regret nothing . Knowing well that falling in love with the person she can't have , she can't help it, when that's the same person she can’t be without.

Flashback

A pair of arms that wrapped around Hyomin’s body didn’t make a person who was under the shower startle at all, somehow it sent off an electric wave that made her chilled yet felt good about it.

“I’m sorry” Eunjung whispered to Hyomin’s ear, “I was too upset” , and Hyomin knew it, she couldn't ignore a person who was holding her in the arms .

" Please don't be" Hyomin finally spoke “I should have told you earlier”

“I understand it now that it's difficult at time, but at least, please don’t let me be the last to know” Eunjung begged.

“I was contemplating knowing you well then I didn’t remember to tell you” Hyomin explained

" That's the point, because you know me well" Eunjung held Hyomin tighter as if she couldn't be drowning if she let her go

 

" Sorry" Hyomin said

“And it is the fact that you were hesitant to move out or have your place so it could be easier for us, but then you are moving out to be with someone for work now” Eunjung was upset

“I think you knew better” Hyomin’s back was still facing Eunjung who was back hugging her.

“I hate to think that you will be staying with someone else that it’s not me” Eunjung’s chin rested on Hyomin’s neck while her arms were secured around the slim figure waist

“That’s the last thing I wanted to do” Hyomin assured , " And you know it"

“I know, but still , just the thought of it makes me feel restless” Eunjung admitted

“You know me well enough than to doubt in me” Hyomin closed her eyes tiredly

“Not in any second that I've not trusted in you, it’s just…” Eunjung started to kiss Hyomin’s collarbone

“Don’t you think I feel that way too?” Hyomin knew what Eunjung is going to say

“How I wish thing was different” Eunjung said sadly, " I would do anything I could , if I could only change thing"

Hyomin just sighed, she tried to get loose from the older woman’s hold and to leave the shower but Eunjung held her back.

Slowly and momentarily, Eunjung was turning Hyomin around to face her, droplet of water on the younger woman’s face combined with foggy of stream made Eunjung’s heart flutter every time she was this close, and it always gave enough butterflies in her stomach, “You won’t change, will you?” , pleading yet commanding Eunjung’s sentence sounded, Hyomin didn’t answer but staring into the eyes of the woman who always took control over her heart and soul , she just didn’t know what else she could say or do to show how much more sacrifices she had to make for her, for them, for this undefined love that was more than a person could put it into word .

Without any more word to say, Eunjung turned off the faucet tap before reaching out to grab a white towel, then wrapping it around the younger woman, who was slightly smaller and thinner, Hyomin didn’t break her stare and next thing she knew she was lifted and carried by the woman who was the same height yet stronger than her, Hyomin secured her arms around Eunjung’s neck. Faint scent of freshly shower made heart race with more excitement, she felt her every pulse beating faster. It didn’t take long until Eunjung reached a bed and gently put Hyomin down, didn’t even bother if she was soaked, Eunjung didn’t wait any second when those lips in front of her were so beautifully alluring, her eyes travelled down to every inch of her skin that was so inviting, there was no way Eunjung could resist this, not that she wanted to. Her body acted its way, the familiar move of exploring, and every touch that that Hyomin grew addicted, Eunjung took control of every pace. If this was called guilty pleasure then they didn’t care if they would be sinners, all they knew they couldn’t stop it, neither of them tried, they had come too far than to turn back, they got lost along the way, too long that they couldn’t remember when it started. Just like forbidden fruit, the more you were told not to eat, the more tempting its sweetness sounded to you , and by the time you knew it, you were already craving for another one.

“Call my name”

“Eunjung”

“Again please “

“ Eunjung ah”

Pleasant smile plastered on Eunjung’s face, as she bended down to kiss Hyomin’s forehead which now was covered with sweat, she laid herself down next to an exhausted body, Eunjung gently took a slim figure close to her, their bare skin brushed on each other, warmth emitted. Giving one last kiss on Hyomin’s temple, Eunjung embraced the younger woman possessively , and Eunjung would hold on until her very last breath

End of flashback

Searching for the warmth in the dark, Eunjung feels displeased once she finds only emptiness beside her, sighing in defeat, she manages to open her eyes against the drowsiness, and when she is sure that the person laid next to her is not there, she is about to get up to look for her but before she gets out of bed, she sees the blink from her phone.

1 Notification: My salvation, Eunjung instinctively taps on it to reveal a message

“I just want to tell you that I’m home safe, if you happen to wake up in the middle of the night and don’t see me there” , Received at 1.55 am

Feeling disappointed, Eunjung sighs before deciding to reply

EJ: “Don’t do this next time”

HM: “Did I wake you up, sorry”

EJ: “No worries, I woke up a little while ago , and yes I didn't see you and I was about to look for you”

HM: “You were sleeping peacefully”

EJ: “Never do this again, wake me up if you want to leave, it’s dangerous getting a ride on taxi”

HM: “It’s not that bad, I’m fine, don't worry”

EJ: “I don't like the idea of you doing it once again”

HM: “Okay, I won’t do it again”

EJ: “I would kill myself if something happens to you”

HM: “I’m sorry, I’ll take care of myself, don’t worry”

EJ: “I miss you already, wish you were here longer”

HM: “Me too”

EJ: “Now, get some rest”

HM: “You too, please go back to sleep ”

EJ: “Okay sleep tight .... ”

After ending the last message conversation with Hyomin, which it’s a very important yet secretive means of the communication between them. Eunjung can’t bring herself to sleep, every time this happens, she feels so happy but at the same time she feels so lost when younger woman leaves. She tracks her finger along the pillow that the owner is no longer here “Why can’t you stay?”, she knows it’s no use to ask this question knowing an answer, but still she can’t help feeling incomplete.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Are we filming this as well?” Hyomin asks as soon as she sees a staff at a new place where she will have to move in and share with her label mate , the same reaction applies to Jiyeon , she narrows her eyebrows when she notices them.

“CEO wants us to film most of the part of moving, and it shall be an exclusive video to promote the future project” Soyeon explains.

“Really?” Hyomin asks

“Is that even necessary?” Jiyeon asks

“I don’t know I’m doing as told” Soyeon finds her head it’s throbbing dealing with these two

“Wow, I guess, we will have to act then” Jiyeon says sarcastically

“No need, just be yourself, this will be filmed in reality style” Soyeon quickly corrects Jiyeon’s thought, which causes both Jiyeon and Hyomin to frown, they don’t understand what their company CEO is all up to, but both sense something fishy.

“Ok, that’s fine for me then” Jiyeon states.

“I’m ok with that” Hyomin agrees.

“Alright, producer nim will start filming from the moment you guys move stuff and all, but don’t worry, unwanted scenes will be deleted or edited for sure” Soyeon further explains.

Even though they are unwilling, but maintaining their professionalism in front of camera is something they’ve learnt along the way, after they’re done with some part of moving in, thee staff and Soyeon decides to let two label mates settled in with their stuff and start to spend more time together. Soyeon hopes her artists won’t kill each other by the end of the day, company can’t afford to lose them.

With not so many stuff, Jiyeon manages to move in to room that she selected just after a short moment, when she is done, Jiyeon chooses to spend her time lazing around in living room with snack bags in her hand while Hyomin is the opposite with so many stuff and clothes.

“Seriously, are you planning to live here forever?” Jiyeon makes a joke

“If TV is that boring you should stop watching it” Hyomin implies sarcasm in her tone.

“For sure it’s more fun than watching you moving your never-ending boxes” Jiyeon argues

“Thanks for helping” Hyomin crosses her eyes in annoyance as she is carrying her stuff.

“We are gonna be self-sufficient here, no maid, Miss” Jiyeon switches TV channel on her remote control

“Well, I never need one, and never had” Hyomin defends

“That’s good then, I don’t do dishes so you can do that” Jiyeon smirks

“Beg your pardon, I’m not here to serve you, I’ll do for what I use” Hyomin is going to disappear into her room “ And please clean those junkie garbage on sofa, be grown up kid” She mocks before closing the door.

It’s already late evening when Hyomin finally comes out of her room in the hope to find something in the fridge to fill her growling stomach, and when she walks into the living room, it’s all dark, depending on the light from TV that is still on, Hyomin finds a figure lying there with chip bags and all on table and drop on the floor. Hyomin shakes her head, and quietly tiptoes to kitchen, but to her disappointment, there are not much that the staff have store for them except milk, water and soda. Hyomin decides to go out to get something to eat, as she is walking out of her room after getting dressed, she frowns as Jiyeon doesn’t even move, she sleeps in her same position in sofa, she doesn’t know when this annoying girl fell asleep, she goes back to her room and comes back with a small light pink blanket, carefully not to wake the sleeping girl, she lightly covers her with the blanket, with the dim light from TV, for a very split of second, Hyomin stares of the side profile of Jiyeon’s face, and finds her so gorgeous. “This world is so peaceful when you sleep” Hyomin thinks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“I’m sorry I’m late babe” James is handing Eunjung a banquet of roses Eunjung smiles upon receiving it.

“No worries” Eunjung inhames the scent of sweet flower “Thank you”

“It could have been more fresh if I wasn’t kept so long in office ”, James complains.

“They are still beautiful anyway” Eunjung smiles before placing flower on empty seat.

“I’m glad you like it” He smiles charmingly

It’s another date for the couple, James and Eunjung spends their time having dinner together, with their conversation about work and life, they look so perfect together and make many people jealous of how cute they are. It has been almost a year that they are dating, they met each other through a date set by their parents, and surprisingly the young adults end up together by their own decisions, despite their different careers and interests, James found Eunjung so perfect, the woman is so sweet yet confident, generous but very sharp, not to mention her profile and portfolio, he couldn’t find any single flaw. And without a doubt, James is so matching and perfect for Eunjung too that she accepted him after his endless effort to prove to her how much he is so interested in her and with so many impressions he made.

“Did I bore you with my issues?” James notices that Eunjung has yawned a few times

“I guess I’m just tired” Eunjung explains

“It’s almost 10 pm now, do you want to go home?” He asks

“Yeah, I think so, there are much to do tomorrow” She cutely complains

“You should find sometimes off, you are worn out” He suggests

“I hope I can, but not this soon when we are busying expanding more branches” She says

“It could have lessen your burden if only your cousin worked in your company” James imagines the way it’s not.

“That girl has no interest in business at all” Eunjung shows a little smile

“Hyomin seems to be happy with what she is doing anyway” He comments

“Hm, I guess” Eunjung tries to wrap up conversation regarding the third party.

“Ok, I’ll get the bill then I’ll walk you to your car” James signals the waiter.

 

While James is walking Eunjung to her car, Eunjung notices very familiar figure from the back, linking arms with someone that she can’t figure out because the other person seems to intentionally covers with hoodie and baseball cap, she can’t tell whether it’s girl or boy with the back.

“What’s wrong ? James asks when Eunjung stops and watches so attentively

“Ah, nothing, someone just looks familiar” Eunjung turns to look at her boyfriend

“ Do you want to check it out?” He asks

“Nah, not that it’s important” She smiles.

“Okay, so drive safe and text me when you get home” He kisses her hand.

“I will, you too” Eunjung gets into her car.

James waits until Eunjung drives off from parking lot to walk to his car. But little that he knows, after just a mile distance, Eunjung stops her car at a spot where she can see the passing by car, she remembers the detail of the car that she saw the familiar figures just got in, and she was not wrong, after a moment, that car is passing by, with the light inside the car on, it’s not difficult to remember a face beside the driver seat. Her curiosity takes control, and without her hesitation, Eunjung pulls off the car suddenly to follow a car ahead. Carefully not to be butted , Eunjung keeps a distance when she follows but making sure she doesn’t lose a car in front of her

Eunjung raises her eyebrow when she witnesses where the car stops, mixed feeling hits her that she needs an answer right away, Eunjung watches as two fingures getting out of the car, even though the familiar figure is wearing hoodie as well now, obviously that they don’t want to be recognized, Eunjung can’t mistake a slim figure, literarily she can remember every little detail of a person that imprints in her heart, no matter how she disguises, Eunjung can even remember Hyomin’s movement. Tempted to jump off her car and grab Hyomin to ask her right away, Eunjung pauses, she realizes she is fully dressed in her formal outfit, pretty revealing yet classy, she stays still in her car.

“What are you doing?” Eunjung chooses to send a message in hope that she will find out what Hyomin is doing here, Eunjung waits and waits, but after 10 minutes, she never gets any reply. Her patience ends, and she starts to dial the number, but the call is ignored, no answer.

“Damn it” Eunjung notices that a security guard is approaching her, she is sure he notices her car parking in a spot for a while, and she would not wonder if he wants to find, no one should wanders around, this is a place that only specific people are allowed, restricted and forbidden. Not wanting any unnecessary problem, Eunjung drives off before he gets there.

 

Haeri is waving at two people who are coming her way excitedly because she is desperate for company, a person who has been linking arm with Hyomin all the way in, quickly removes her hand and squeezes her way into a seat and bends to give Haeri a peck.

“Really !!” Hyomin loses word to say when her friend leaves her just like that and she is no use now.

“We missed you at dinner” Minkyung cutely presses her cheek with Haeri

“What’s a shame, I missed having dinner with you guys, dubbing took longer and I had to sneak in here” Haeri explains.

“We can have supper later” Minkyung suggests in seductive tone.

“Guys, if you drag me here just to see your lovey-dovey session, I would rather go back to face that devil at my new place” Hyomin boringly fishes out her phone.

“Poor my sweety, is Jiyeon treating you badly ?” Haeri shows her concern

“She is just annoying” Hyomin complains before starting to type on her phone.

“Told you, she is so cold and mean” Minkyung adds.

“I don't think that girl means to be mean you know" Haeri chimes in " She is not bad, she is just lonely” Haeri gives her opinion.

“It’s her problem, she wards off people around and she is unapproachable” Minkyung voices her opinion.

“But I believe Jiyeon can be better, she just needs someone who can really understand her” Haeri never stops being positive.

“ After all these years , I haven't seen her with any single friend, she has no friend and I don't think anyone wants to befriend with her , she is strange” Minkyung mocks

“That’s not very nice Minky” Haeri nags at her duo partner and something more

“Am I right Min ?” Minkyung is seeking for support , someone to side her.

“I have no idea” Hyomin who has been listening the duo talking about the person who is not here, digesting the opposite opinions between the two. Davichi has been in their company less than Jiyeon but longer than her, so she is sure they know the girl more than her.

“Such a betrayer” Minkyung glares at Hyomin.

“I can’t judge her, at least it's way too soon to do so ” Hyomin is neutral

" Yes , Hyomin is right though" Haeri says “I’m glad you are logical than this kid” Haeri shakes her head

“Well, she is just too different to be my friend” Minkyung purses up her lips.

“From what I knew, Jiyeon has been through so much difficulties in her childhood, and teenage, I believe this is just a shell she built up to protect herself” Haeri spills what she knew.

“Like what Haeri unnie ? Hyomin is interested.

“Don’t tell anyone okay?” Haeri looks around even through this whole exclusive lounge floor there are only three of them.

“ When she was kid, her family was struggling with financial problem, her father turned into an alcoholic, and ignored her sick mother which she was left unattended , they couldn’t afford for her medical treatment .Tragically her mother passed away, and left Jiyeon heartbroken as a very younger age” Haeri reveals all she knew about the past history that company tried to cover for Jiyeon and fabricated Jiyeon’s profile with a little twisted information, more pleasant info.

“Really unnnie ? How did you know ?” Minkyung is surprised.

“I told you, it’s secret, so you guys better keep it under a carpet” Haeri warns.

“Trust me” Hyomin makes her word

“I will” Minkyung is stunned after hearing this. All of them go quiet for a moment, with different feeling and thought.

“Well, we didn’t plan to be here for listening to this huh? Hyomin decides to break a silence , when they seem to be miserable hearing a sad story

“Oh, yeah of course” Minkyung remembers why she brought Hyomin here.

“We want you to meet a new friend” Haeri smiles

“Not again” Hyomin lifts her hand in the air in deny.

“Why not, you are single, nothing wrong with making a new friend?” Minkyung gives her friend a mischief smile, then she quickly texts message on her phone.

“ I’m not interested” Hyomin shakes her head

“Tell me again Ms. Park Hyomin” Minkyung smirks

Just then a knock on the door earns attention from three of them, with approval, a door opens revealing a pale white skin woman, dressed coolly in her black outfit, contrasting with her snowy skin makes her looks so bright.

“ Hey, welcome back” Minkyung walks to give her friend a hug.

“ Hyomin meets my friend, Kim Taeyeon” Minkyung introduces. “ Taeyeon , this is Park Hyomin”

“ Nice to miss you Hyomin ssi” Taeyeon flashes her charming smile

“ It’s nice to meet you Kim Taeyeon” Hyomin smiles back.

Hyomin and Taeyeon exchanges a weird smile, Hyomin just shakes her head.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jiyeon knits her eyebrow as she hears the door cracking open so early in the morning, she slowly gets up and peeks through small crack of her door to see her Hyomin is drowsily headed to the door in her sweatshirt without make-up with her natural unset hair.

Hyomin looks left and right on the street in new neighborhood she just moved in, she likes early morning atmosphere but not today when she just had a few hours of sleeping and got this urgent call, shaking her slumber off, she swiftly walks to a car which park on the other side of the road .

“What’s wrong?” Hyomin asks as soon as she gets into the car.

“I messaged you and called you multiple times last night” Eunjung sternly says

“I was busy” Hyomin answers shortly

“Why were you in that place?” Eunjung’s cold voice is warning Hyomin that they are going to have argument if she doesn’t think before saying, she doesn’t want to ruin her morning for having such a fight, so she is more cautious with words she is going to say, even though inside of her is fuming for that facts that Eunjung was following or might be spying her.

“I don’t know how much you have known and seen” Hyomin carefully starts “I went out for dinner with my friend then I was dragged along to see her …..” Hyomin is telling the truth, “partner”

“I was so disappointed to see you there by chance” Eunjung’s face is as stern and her voice.

“I didn’t plan all of that” Hyomin defends

“ I don’t care who your friends are, but if they give you bad influence then I’m not happy that you are hanging out with them” Eunjung seriously states.

“ They are nice people , they just want me to see something that I’ve never been” Hyomin lies a little, she has been there so many times.

“Don’t ever go to that place again” Eunjung commands, Hyomin steals a look

“If you are seen there, you know what troubles would be followed, not only your fame but our whole family, everything we have built” Eunjung doesn’t even look at Hyomin, and misses to see a hurtful expression on Hyomin’s face.

  1. should have known huh?” Hyomin utters painfully, she knows Eunjung means well somehow it’s upset her that Eunjung always cares about what other people and society would think and she always puts fame first.

“And you know it’s not only about that” Eunjung reaches for her cousin’s hand, she looks at it and gives a light squeeze. With a soft touch, Eunjung is giving, Hyomin forgets all hurtful feeling.

“Okay, I’ll not go there again and I’ll be careful” Hyomin inwardly sighs, no matter what, she surrenders.

“I know what people do in such a place and I’d prefer not to have you there” Eunjung jealously says.

“Eunjung, you know I can’t do that” Hyomin looks into Eunjung’s eyes.

“I can’t help feeling it Hyomin” For a moment, Hyomin hears a very venerable voice from Eunjung, pleading and Hyomin is giving in

“I’ll never go back” Hyomin promises

“Thank you for doing it for me” Eunjung kisses the back of Hyomin’s hand.

" That's all you wanna talk right?" Hyomin asks

" I also want to see you face" Eunjung admits , Hyomin just smiles hearing so

“I’ll have to go back now, I need to get ready for my schedule” Hyomin says, though she wants to look at Eunjung a bit more .

“I’m sorry for waking you up” Eunjung apologizes anyway

“I'm glad you did, I was thinking about you too, it's nice to see your face in the morning” Hyomin reaches to touch Eunjung’s face, Eunjung closes her eyes and savors the softness and warmth from Hyomin’s hand.

" I really have to go now" Hyomin says, Eunjung gives one last kiss on the back of Hyomin's hand before letting her go

" I'll take this feeling with me the whole day" Eunjung smiles , and Hyomin smiles too.

Hyomin comes back to their apartment after a compromising conversation with her cousin. When she opens the door to apartment, she is curious to the noises from kitchen, she peeks to see Jiyeon gulping down the milk.

“Good morning” Hyomin greets socially as a way roomie should do, but she doesn’t expect Jiyeon to greet back.

“Good morning” Jiyeon greets back while is still full with milk, as the result she chokes and coughs.

“Are you alright?” Hyomin quickly walks to Jiyeon to give her a light soothing at the back

“I’m fine, thanks” Jiyeon backs away as soon as she gets better.

" You should not speak while drinking" Hyomin holds her laughter.

" You should not talk to anyone while they are drinking then" Jiyeon puts back the milk carton before peeking through the fridge

“We don’t have any food, I guess I’ll go for grocery shopping after my schedule tonight” Hyomin tries to get rid of awkward situation and starts a conversation as she looks ahead

“The company is so cheap, they didn’t even provide us fruit” Jiyeon acts as if she is mad.

“They may want us to stay diet” Hyomin jokes.

“That’s a good point” Jiyeon agrees, “ The CEO wants to tortures] us” She adds.

“Hope he doesn’t get a hidden camera here” Hyomin looks around.

“That must be a cruel joke” Jiyeon comments.

" Yeah it must be creepy if he does" Hyomin turns to look at Jiyeon

" Who knows" Jiyeon shrugs

" Do you want something when I do grocery shopping tonight" Hyomin offers

" No , thank you though" Jiyeon doesn't expect Hyomin to ask her

“Alright then, I’m going to get ready for my schedule, see you around” Hyomin is heading to her room

“ Wait" Jiyeon decides to ask

" Anything ?" Hyomin turns around

"Can you give me a ring when you go for grocery shopping tonight, I'll go with you, I think I want some stuff too ?” Jiyeon tries to look neutral

“Sure” Hyomin smiles " I'll give you a call when I'm off my schedule"

“Thanks , see you tonight for grocery shopping” Jiyeon turns back to put the quarter of milk back to fridge.

“Okay” Hyomin turns around, small smile emerges.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Later that evening after Hyomin finishes her last schedule, she comes back the apartment and finds Jiyeon waiting at the living room. They finally agree to come for grocery shopping together.

“Are you sure you know where we are going?” Hyomin asks

“I remember there is one 24 hrs supermarket around this region” Jiyeon is looking left and right.

“It’s getting late” Hyomin complains, they turn around and around but can’t find one

“You were the one starting the idea, so stop complaining” Jiyeon focuses on where she is going, looking for a sign.

“Hey, it’s there” Jiyeon points after passing a convenient store. She smiles.

“Finally” Hyomin heaves a sigh.

Jiyeon makes one u-turn to come back where she just passed, and they finally get to shopping for their food before they close their eyes as drowsiness attacks.

Jiyeon in her hoodie and short with a baseball cap on while Hyomin is also wearing hoodie with eye-glasses on, they are walking around supermarket without being much noticed. Jiyeon offers to push a shopping trolley while Hyomin selecting stuff. They are totally opposite in their taste with food, but they would care less, as long as awkward air is no longer there, they just select their food in peace. One by one, item by item, the trolley are half full with Hyomin’s shopping list, while Jiyeon has less, Hyomin offers to pay for a whole grocery.

“So Soyeon unnie allows you to drive to work by yourself?” Hyomin asks as they was done loading grocery bags into Jiyeon’s car and ready to go home.

“Yeah, I asked permission from CEO” Jiyeon answers as she looks at the monitor to reverse the car

“I see”

“You can also ask him if you don’t want to go on van” Jiyeon turns a steering wheel around

“No I’m fine, beside I’m not allowed to drive” Hyomin tells.

“So you don’t drive?” Jiyeon is surprised

“Not really, actually, I learnt how to drive only once, then I didn’t try again” Hyomin confesses, reminiscing then her mind travels back to her teenage memory.

Flashback

Hyomin at her early 16 yrs was begging Eunjung who just obtained her driver license a few months ago to teach her how to drive, although knowing well that Hyomin didn’t yet reach the age, Eunjung couldn’t resist younger cousin’s begging, she gave in, and besides they were at the vacation house outside the town where road was empty, so Eunjung wanted to give it a try, showing younger that she could teach her. Eunjung sneaked out with Hyomin and when she was out adult’s sight, once they were on empty road where two sides were green with trees , she got out of driver seat, switched the position with Hyomin, and then started teaching Hyomin’s of a car basic function, and how to operated it , after 15 minutes of making sure Hyomin remembered everything, they really started how to drive.

“Always remember to step on a brake, okay?” Eunjung instructed

“Okay” Hyomin was so excited to be on driver seat.

“You have to shift this manual transmission from this point to this point” Eunjung explained

“Arraso” Hyomin tried to remember the things Eunjung explained.

“Most important, that is a clutch, a brake and an accelerator, don’t mix up okay?” Eunjung pointed at each other

“Yes” Hyomin’s voice was up with excitement.

After getting to know all the functions, Eunjung fastened her seatbelt and didn’t forget to check on the younger girl.

“Alright, ready?” Eunjung asked

“Yes” Hyomin squealed

Engine started, Hyomin slowly stepped on clutch, shifted gear transmission, followed instruction as she was taught, car moved, she smiled. Eunjung kept telling her what to do and Hyomin seemed to be doing well. They were laughing, and having fun. But that wasn’t long.

“Watch out !!!” Eunjung screamed from the top of her lung when a deer suddenly came out of no way, “ Step on the brake” Eunjung shouted

“Eunjung” Hyomin cried out as she was so panicked, trying to do what she could, Hyomin stepped on stick under her feet but instead of stopping the car, it went faster. Hyomin was swerving the car and the last thing she saw was the tree in front of her and she heard Eunjung’s scream.

One week later

A fainted knock on the door was heard but the door was never been answered , didn’t care if she was permitted or not. Hyomin couldn’t wait anymore, walked into a dark room where Eunjung was sitting on her bed hugging her knees, she didn’t even move a bit. Sitting beside her, Hyomin didn’t like the feeling she was being ignored.

“ Eunjung ” Hyomin called

“ Eunjung ah” She tried again.

Failed, none of her call did get the attention from the older girl who was still looking out of the window, staring blankly. Small hands were wrapping around the older girl’s neck from behind, now Eunjung diverted her attention from outside view as she felt a contact of skin , her eyes travelled to those skinny hands which now were covered with fresh scars. Pain was tugged in her heart, tear was threatened to fall, but it wasn’t from a person with scars but from an older one without it.

“Please don’t be like this” Hyomin begged. “ Please talk to me” Her voice was sad. But older girl still kept silent.

“It’s my fault, please stop blaming yourself” Hyomin couldn’t take it anymore, her voice cracked , followed by droplet of tear, her voice turned husky once she cried, “ Please don't scare me like this Eunjung ah” Hyomin cried.

That was Eunjung’s soft spot, she didn’t have the heart to stay silent any longer. Her tears also dropped

“Don’t cry” Eunjung removed those hands gently, avoiding to touch where it did already hurt, turning around and facing the younger girl

“I won’t cry, but please talk to me” Hyomin tried to suppress her hiccough, Eunjung felt a huge wave of quilt hit her once again seeing the bloodshot eyes injury and head bleeding bandage.

“I’m sorry” Eunjung tried hard not to cry, her guilty voice and self-blaming just made Hyomin feel worse.

“No, no please it’s not your fault, it’s my fault” Hyomin tried and tried

“It’s mine, if I didn’t let you drive this would never happen” Eunjung was mad at herself every time she remembered how easy she gave in and that caused such terrible accident that injured the younger girl.

“I was persistent and stubborn” Hyomin reasoned

“ I’m older and supposed to guide you and protect you, not to hurt you” Eunjung was disappointed in herself.

“ It was me who hurt you, if I didn’t want to drive you wouldn’t get injured, Hyomin tracked her finger on Eunjung’s face which left her huge bruise.

“That is nothing compared to you” Eunjung didn’t dare to look scratches and scars , along with bloodshot bruise in Hyomin’s face, it pained her heart.

“Please, remember it’s not your fault, we all knew that” Hyomin begged.

“I couldn’t imagine what if something worse happened” Eunjung lowered her face . “ It scares me” She admitted

“Please move on, tt will never happen again” Hyomin grabbed Eunjung’s hand.” I won’t argue, and I’ll always listen to you” Hyomin promised.

“ Don’t get hurt again” Eunjung couldn’t hold her tear anymore. She gently hugged the younger protectively.

Eunjung told herself, she would be stronger for Hyomin, she wouldn’t give in if it meant potential harms to Hyomin, she would guide Hyomin until her light put off.

End of flashback.

***************** TBC *******************