Purple Rose

Purple Roses
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Let’s goooo~!” Joy whined as she tugged on her girlfriend’s arm. Wendy could only roll her eyes at the younger girl’s antics. The moment that she had heard that Amber had been avoiding Seulgi like the plague for the past week and it was finally the night of the play. Amber had to reason to miss out and all Joy wanted to do was have a front row seat of their baby bear losing her cool. 

“Sweetie slow down they probably still haven’t started practice.” She tried to reason out only to be ignored with a smile and a harder tug. Why does she even try to reason with her sometimes but yet again she does have some things against her. 

“Unnie~!” Joy whined again as they stood in front of the auditorium’s door. Wendy could see the sparkle in her eyes, the mischief that was brewing behind her puppy eyes. Taking a step forward so they were almost chest to chest. 

“Behave yourself or no kisses for you for a week.” She said simply before turning away to walk inside leaving a wide eyed Joy gaping like a fish as she stumbled behind her. Wendy walked straight down to the stage where she saw Irene standing talking to a crouched Seulgi. 

“Hey love birds how’s it going?” She smiled hoping up next to her best friend giving her a quick hug. Seulgi grinned slinging her arm around her shoulders. 

“Wendy tell Seulgi to tell us the surprise!” Irene whined childishly at her girlfriend. 

“Surprise? What surprise?” Joy asked poking her head around Irene with interest. Seulgi only grinned at them shrugging saying she promised not to say anything and how it’s something the whole cast worked and begged Ms. Kim to let them do. They all groaned in unison at the refusal. Suddenly a crash came from behind the curtain making Seulgi turn on her heel towards the sound. 

“Yah! Did you really think coming in from the back window was a good idea! If Ms.Kim finds out she’s replacing you with Chaeyoung.” A voice yelled out from behind making everyone else intrigued. 

“Then don’t tell her! My parents and sister are coming come on Nayeon don’t be like that!” A very familiar voice whined in return. Seulgi took a few steps forward with squinted eyes ready to confirm her suspicions. Suddenly the main doors opened and the patter of feet caught their attention. 

“Seulgiiii~!” 

Krystal ran down the aisle with a grin that looked ready to split for face in two. Seulgi smiled at her cousin while everyone greeted her but she quickly took notice of the woman walking behind her. 

“Jessica unnie!” She yelled with pure excitement jumping off the stage and stumbling towards the older woman completely ignoring Krystal who scoffed at the reaction. Jessica smiled at her and giggled at her little cousin before pulling her into a tight hug. Kissing the side of her head affectionately she pulled away. The older woman looked at her cousin with such pride and happiness. 

“Seulgi-ah look at you getting awards and performing in not one but two shows tonight? Auntie’s going to be so proud of you baby bear.  I’ll be back later okay and Auntie said she’ll try her best to come see you baby since she has her ways with Uncle.” Jessica winked at Seulgi who beamed in return. The thought of her parents coming all the way down here just to see her perform made Seulgi’s heart swell with happiness. 

“Really unnie?! Please make sure mom gets here safetly!” She cheered hugging her once again. Grunting when she felt weight press into her back. 

“I wanted to be included.” Krystal mumbled against her back as she back hugged her, sandwiching Seulgi between her and her sister. Jessica rolled her eyes but smiled warmly before looking towards the group of girls that were watching them. She immediately recognized Wendy ushering over to join the small family hug. The other two were new to her but the way they stared at her as if frozen on the spot when she met both of their gazes. Neither reacted to Wendy happily skipping over and latching onto one of her best friend’s sides. Jessica locked her stare with Irene and raised her eyebrows. 

“Hey you there, aren’t you Irene?” Her voice was monotone with some sharpness to it. Her younger girl flinched nodding her head and bowing ninety degrees towards her. 

“I would like to have a word with you before I have to leave.” She said ignoring Seulgi’s whines with a smile and wink. Scared was an understatement of what Irene felt in the moment. Her brain couldn’t process this as well as she wanted it to. She just nodded her head looking at Joy who was equally as petrified but not exactly. 

“Wait! You’re Jessica Jung?! As in Blanc & Enclare’s Jessica Jung?!” Joy screamed with wide eyes taking a step forward. Jessica simply nodded and winced at the younger girl’s sudden yell. 

“I love your brand! Can I call you unnie? I can’t believe Krystal and Seulgi are related to my favorite brand’s CEO!” Joy’s eyes twinkled at the older woman who giggled at the her reaction. “You can call me unnie if you like but I’m sorry I never caught your name?” She said warmly stilling hugging the three other girls. 

“Unnie that’s Park Sooyoung or Joy.” Krystal said rolling her eyes earning a jab from Wendy. Before any of them could say anything thumping footsteps were loudly making their way to the stage. 

“Krystal is that you?! Did you come see me perform? I’ll work extra hard for you! What Byuli get out of the way Krystal’s out there!” Amber emerged from behind the curtain with a stumbling Moonbyul behind her. Both of them froze on the spot only difference was Moonbyul sighed and just walked over to the edge of stage to sit down. Seulgi turn to look at her friend with narrowed eyes pulling Krystal into her arms who didn’t mind the sudden affection. Amber knew in that moment she was dead whether it was by Seulgi’s hands or even worse Jessica’s. The oldest looked at her blankly before looking down at Wendy who was nudging her lightly. 

“She’s Seulgi’s friend who’s so set on going aft

Please log in to read the full chapter