What?!

Purple Roses
Please log in to read the full chapter

Two weeks.

Two weeks since Seulgi has had a proper conversation with Irene. 

Two weeks since Irene began ignoring the younger girl and avoiding any possible interaction she could. 

“Unnie why are you still ignoring Seulgi! What did she even do?” Yeri whispered to her while she watched Seulgi work on her project while Wendy and their other group member Yooa went to grab more colors they would need. Irene quickly glanced at their bear like friend and shrugged. 

“I don’t want to talk about it Yeri.” She whispered back before focusing back on their own work. 

“Unnie whatever is going on between you two fixed it. Even Wendy is glaring at you now so it has to be pretty bad just don’t you know ruin our group.” Joy said before returning her attention back down on her growing sketch. Irene internally groaned she knew Joy was right but she wasn’t even sure herself why she was upset. 

“You’re ruining my chance with Wendy...” Joy mumbled to herself earning a snicker from Yeri. 

“There’s ten minutes left of class please start cleaning up your work space!” Mrs. Choi called out before walking around to see their work so far. Nodding her head in approval to some and hummed to others before finally stopping at Seulgi’s group. A smile appeared on her face before she leaned forward for a close look. Most of the class mumbled and groaned knowing their group will get the highest grade once again. No one has been able to make Mrs. Choi smile with their work like that like Seulgi does. 

“Amazing you can feel the emotion practically jump off the canvas. Who hurt you girls?” Mrs. Choi joked letting out a chuckle. The three of them let out an awkward laugh as they glanced at Irene watching with a furrowed brow. Wendy quickly sent her a glare surprisingly her. 

“Wendy your brush and color placement are spectacular, well done. Yooa your precision and are clean and sharp as well your hand is getting better everyday.” She praised before pausing to look over the work in progress. 

“Seulgi... your detail is miraculous. Even the minor details stay out and you can feel her pain and how well done the environment is.” Mrs. Choi said with a grin before moving back and returning to the front of the room. Her words had caught Irene’s attention immediately. 

Pain? You’re hurt? 

Did she hurt Seulgi? The same Seulgi who wouldn’t hurt a fly. Who smiles at everyone even when she’s not in the smiling mood. The same Seulgi who never did anything to anyone especially her.

Irene sighed heavily and palmed her face earning her odd looks from her friends. 

“.”

“Seulgi are you going to practice today?” Wendy asked her best friend sadly while they gathered their bags. Seulgi smiled weakly at her and nodded her head before glancing over at Irene. She caught her gaze and quickly looked away. 

“Let’s see how the day goes Wan-ah.”

Wendy nodded and smiled pecking her cheek before linking arms with a surprised and whining Seulgi. She looked over her shoulder and glared at their senior who watched the little interaction with slightly furrowed brows. 

~*~

“Soojung go away.”

“No come on you can’t be mad at me for forever you know!”

“Yes I can! It’s been three weeks now and...” Seulgi sighed before sitting down on her bed. She rubbed her temple before looking up at the girl shuffling in front of her. It was kinda cute because Soojung was never like this she was always strong and assertive, having her staring down at her feet and biting her lip was a sight. Seulgi looked up at the girl and sighed heavily and standing up to hug the girl. 

“It’s okay Soojung I just don’t know what to do now...” she said before reaching for her ringing phone. 

“Hello? Oh hey Wannie. Yea I’m home the door’s open.” Seulgi said before hanging up and heard the rapid patter of feet. 

“Seulgi are you okay?” Wendy said rushing into her room and tackling her best friend onto her bed. Completely ignoring Krystal who stood there unfazed by what she’s seem millions of times. 

“I’m fine Wendy.” Seulgi wheezed out before prying off her best friend. Wendy jumped off and glared at bored looking girl. 

“Soojung you need to fix this!” She growled pointing a finger at her making Krystal jump at the rare sudden tone. 

“How am I suppose to fix this?!” She whined feeling guilty about the whole situation. She knew about the flowers and Seulgi’s feelings for Irene but she wanted to test her theory. Krystal remembered the day she came back to Korea with her sister and Seulgi had tackled her into a hug in front of everyone. She remembered Irene reaction and all of the ones after. Coming out of her thought

Please log in to read the full chapter