A Game?

Purple Roses
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's been three weeks.

Three weeks of Wendy silently watching Seulgi and Irene stick together, well more like Irene sticking to her best friend for some reason. For the past three days she had accompanied her best friend as usual to leave the beautifully painted rose but today she held her afterwards.

"Seulgi?" She spoke up when they sat down in their home room.

"Yeah Wan-ah?" Seulgi said turning her full attention to the shorter girl staring at her with a furrowed brow.

"Seul,,, I'm worried about you," Wendy confessed earning a confused look from the bear like girl. Seulgi shifted towards her waiting for her to continue, she knew if it was something that was brought up so seriously then it was big.

"I don't want you think what I'm about to say is because of any bad intentions okay? I just thinking about my best friend." Wendy started carefully taking Seulgi's hands in her own who responded immediately with her thumbs rubbing the back her hands making Wendy smile. Of course Seulgi wouldn't think ill of anything her best friend told her when she knew it was for her own well being.

"I don't like the sudden change in Irene-unnie's behavior towards you, she's never been this affectionate with you or really you know acknowledged you outside of our classes." Wendy started looking straight into her monolid eyes earning her a nod and a squeeze from the girl to continue.

"I think you should stop with the roses for a little while and try to distance yourself some Seul, just hear me out okay. I'm not saying cut her off just because I'm saying this just give it some time and see what happens because don't you think it's odd that suddenly she's acting like a new person after all these years we've known her?" Wendy said in a soft tone studying the taller girl's unreadable expresson blinking at her. Seulgi slowly smiled leaning forward to wrap her friend in a warm hug before pulling away to give her a blinding smile making Wendy smile in return.

"You do have a point Wendy I guess it is a bit odd. Haha maybe I'll stop for the rest of the week with our routine. I can ask keep focusing on the play and the upcoming dance performance!" Seulgi giggled moving her arm around the shorter girl's shoulders pulling her closer. Wendy always thought things through and most of the time she was right plus she had a point it was odd that their senior was acting like this. Not that she was complaining but she also never really noticed it until now. People passed them as they entered waiting for their first classes to start, some eyed them and others smiled watching the two best friends look so happy together.

~*~ 

Irene 💖: Bearrrr let's go the mall today after you last class! They opened a new bbq place!

Seulgi's phone lit up on her desk and both her and Wendy peered over in curiousity. She simply picked it up and typed out a response before going back to her assignment.

Ddeulgi 🐻: I'm sorry unnie I can't! I have practice and then I'm heading over to Wendy's for the night.

Which was true, her and Wendy were going to spend some quality time and she did need to practice for her performance coming up. Irene on the other hand looked at her phone with a slight frown, Seulgi never really rejected her invites before but her performance is important and she guess Wendy being her best friend too. Yongsun looked over at her with a curious look, Irene only shrugged her off saying it was nothing.

~*~

Seulgi looked up the wall mirror and stared at her reflection watching the sweat drip from her nose and roll down her forehead. Their coach assigned her a solo and a pairs dance for the upcoming performance the performing arts section was holding. She didn't know how she was going to stay alive after her dance then the play especially if it happens in that order.

"Kang! Good job today I think you should head home you look like you're about to drop." Her coach joked as she patted her back and handed her a towel. Seulgi laughed at the older woman thanking her as she wiped her face. 

“Coach I’m worried...” Seulgi sighed burying her face into the fluffy towel but looked up when she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder. Wendy was standing next to her smiling and offered her a water bottle which she took graciously.

“Seulgi I know you have a lot on your plate but I know you can handle this that why I gave you it. If you want I can give someone else the pairs.” Coach Kwon smiled at her widely which Seulgi returned. 

“Come on Seul let’s go we have a whole night ahead of us! Bye Coach!” Wendy yelled pulling her bear of best friend along with their bags. 

“Yah! Don’t stay up late I need my dancers well rested!” 

They both laughed at the older woman’s out burst as they made their way out the building. They walked arm in arm down toward’s Wendy’s apartment that wasn’t too far from Seulgi’s. 

“Hey Seulgi do you know who you’re going the duet with? I have a feeling it’s Byuli-unnie, you two are the best two dancers on our team!” Wendy cheered and laughed at how red her friend’s face turned. 

“I just hope it’s not Jimin I will rip him apart.” She scoffed making the taller girl laugh. Seulgi really loved Wendy. 

“Actually Coach still hasn’t told me what’s going on and I’m pretty sure I need to start learning it soon. Hey Wan how do you feel about being my partner?” Seulgi wiggled her eyes and laughed seeing the expression on the shorter girl’s face. She was sure it dropped so fast that Seulgi was positive it popped out of place. 

“Seulgi! How dare you!? You know you’ll show me up!”

~*~

The next morning was the first time in a while Seulgi has slept in later since she started leaving her roses. She only woke up when she felt Wendy kick her off the bed so she could get ready for class. Groaning and sending a quick glare to he

Please log in to read the full chapter