Run!

Purple Roses
Please log in to read the full chapter

Important AN: Im very sorry for the lack of updates for this story and my other Seulrene one. I’ve just had a terrible case of writer’s block and on top of that I haven’t been in the best mindset lately I do apologize. I did start this when I told you guys along with the other story but never finished the chapters. Thank you for your patience I do appreciate it! 

~~~

Kang Seulgi was the full package.

She can sing. 

She can dance. 

She can draw. 

Apparently she was a natural born actress as well. Irene couldn’t believe that Seulgi auditioned last week for the part she practically already had and turned into someone completely different. She still remembers watching her walk up to the stage and bow greeting their director with a smile and a copy of the play in her hands. The moment Ms. Kim gave her cue Seulgi was no longer the innocent sweet bear everyone loved. 

“How could you! I told you everything, I let you in!” She yelled choking back a sob and hands clutching onto the play in hand. 

“You told me... you told me you loved me. That I was the one who made you the happiest but...” Seulgi cried with a shaky voice looking down at her hands. 

Everyone in that auditorium was silent, all eyes were on the emotional acting. Irene’s jaw hung open watching and Ms. Kim leaned back in her chair arms folded across her chest watching with a furrow brow. When Seulgi looked up after her short pause everyone gasped except for Ms. Kim. Tears flowed down her flushed cheeks while her body shook slightly. 

“Why were you in her bed!? Why were you holding her close telling her you loved her more than anyone in this world!? That she made you the happiest. Was I not good enough?!” Seulgi ended dropping to her knees clutching onto the script tightly. The room filled with applause and whistling. Seulgi looked up smiling wiping her cheeks standing up and bowed. Only to be tackled down to the stage once again into a hug. 

“Who hurt you?! Tell me who Seulgi-ah!” Moonbyul and Yooa were hugging her tightly making Seulgi laugh. They finally stood to their feet when Ms. Kim cleared .

“Seulgi...” She began leaning forward to rest her forearms on her desk. Seulgi looked at her with nervous eyes and Moonbyul hugged tighter and Yooa held her hand. They both knew how brutal her criticism could be at times while normally she was the nicest teacher in their school. 

“I should have believed Mrs. Choi when she said you were a special one Ms. Kang, welcome aboard. Please see me before you leave.” She smiled before standing to head backstage. 

Irene had watched her silence only for Yooa’s voice to bring her out of it.

“Seulgi! That was amazing why didn’t you tell me you were so good! Unnie get off of my bear!” Yooa cheered as she playfully pushed Moonbyul off of Seulgi. Irene’s brow twitched hearing her say “my bear.” Seulgi laughed and just shrugged. 

“I never really tried acting before.” She said with a sheepish smiling rubbing the back of her neck. Irene was on the verge of just walking out and going home but, she was the one who had to make it up to her. Also as if the younger girl had heard her thoughts she skipped over to Irene with a bright smile. 

“Irene-unnie did I do okay?” She asked shyly. 

Irene giggled softly and took a deep breath before taking Seulgi’s hand. 

“You did amazing Ddeulgi like how are you talented it’s not fair~” Irene whined at her taller friend. Seulgi eyes lit up at the compliment but so did her cheeks. It wasn’t a normal thing for Irene to act so cute on purpose. Moonbyul heard the whine and turned around confused looking for the source and when her eyes landed on her friend they nearly popped out of her skull. Irene noticed her staring and groaned internally when she watched her fish her phone out immediately, she knew who she was texting and it only took a matter of seconds for the awaited text came to her. 

“WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY JOOHYUN SHE DOESN’T DO AEGYO” -YongKong

Irene rolled her eyes and pocketed her phone before smiling up at the blushing Seulgi. 

“Unnie are you ready to go?” She asked looking down at their joined hands. Irene grinned and pushed her backstage telling her to go see Ms. Kim so they could get going. The whole time she was glaring at Yooa who looked at her with a furrow brow. She had to look away when another cast member pulled her away saying something about not being able to find some of the scripts. 

~*~

“Unnie try this! Its so good!” Seulgi grinned while holding up a spoonful of the chocolate cake she had ordered to Irene. The older girl looked at the spoon then at Seulgi then back. She was going to feed her? Slowly she leaned forward to take the bite lingering a bit. Seulgi’s face brightened and she moved back. 

“Do you like it? I think it’s really good!” She giggled watching her senior finish her bite. Irene nodded agreeing not noticing the light tint of pink on her cheeks. Maybe it was because of Seulgi feeding her or how she was looking at her right now. 

“Unnie are feeling okay? You look a little warm, we could leave now if you’d like. This was more than enough. I’ll walk you home okay?” Seulgi said standing and started clearing their table. Irene’s head shot up and shook her head. 

“N-no it’s okay Seulgi I’m okay unless you want to get going?” Irene can’t believe she stuttered, why did she stutter? Seulgi smiled and nodded sitting down again. They continue talking and laughing at everything. They spoke about how Seulgi did in her audition (really it was Irene whining about how she’s good at everything), how Irene was graduating soon, how Seulgi was planning to go home for the next break. While Seulgi went on about how much she missed her parents and her dog Irene noticed how pretty Seulgi really is. How her eyes disappear when she smiles or how chubby her cheeks are. They had been so into their conversation they hadn’t noticed the time fly by until someone came up to their table once they stood. 

“Oh Irene-ssi! I didn’t think you’d be here.” Bogum smiled to her in such a way making Seulgi internally groan. Irene blinked and nodded returning his greeting politely. Bogum turned and finally acknowledged Seulgi who had to resist the urge to not roll her eyes at her senior. 

“I’m here picking up some of my mother’s favorite cake, I do it every once and a while for her.” Seulgi could feel the arrogance radiating off of him. 

“Unnie I think I’ll be going now..” She said with a clenched jaw before turning but suddenly stopping. Irene had grabbed her wrist gently holding her in place. 

“Yah! Seulgi we’re leaving! Take care Bogum-ssi don’t keep your mother waiting!” Irene bowed and pulled the younger girl along with her. Seulgi bowed the best she could while being dragged away by the small girl. 

“Unnie why did you leave? I thought you would want to spend time with you boyfriend.” Seulgi said leaving a bitter taste in . Irene abruptly stopped looking at Seulgi as if she grew three heads. 

“Boyfriend? Bogum? Boyfriend?” She asked looking at Seulgi and back at cafe that was two blocks down before bursting out into laughter. Seulgi looked at h

Please log in to read the full chapter