Yes?

Purple Roses
Please log in to read the full chapter

What?

Seulgi blinked at the older girl in front of her. Did Irene just ask her out? The girl who she’s been secretly crushing on for the past two years just ask her out? This has to be a dream, there’s no way Bae Irene would ask her Kang Seulgi out. 

“S-Seulgi?” Irene nervously called out when she noticed the lack of reaction from the poor girl. Seulgi shook her head and rapidly blinked. 

“Unnie I think I’m dreaming can you pinch me?” She asked still unsure about what’s going on. Irene only looked at her with a furrow brow and pure confusion. 

“Wait! Don’t actually pinch me if this is a dream I don’t want it to end...” Seulgi sighed with a small smile before shrugging off her bag. Praying that it wasn’t damaged she gently pulled out a beautiful purple rose.

“If this is a dream I might as well do it already.” She smiled sheepishly scratching the back of her neck. Irene stared at her wide eyed now looking at the piece of art that Seulgi held so delicately in her hands. It was her. All these months she’s spent wondering and trying to figure out who was the face behind the roses only to find out it was the adorable bear faced dancer she had fallen for. It all made sense, when Krystal came back and she had unintentionally hurt the younger girl over her jealousy. How Seulgi’s eyes lit up when she looked at her and how she wouldn’t think twice about accompanying her. Even now the way Seulgi smiled at her softly with rose in hand, Irene reached out with a shaky hand to take it in her own.

“I’ve had that one in my bag for the past two days not knowing if I should give it to you or not but this feels too good to be true even if it isn’t a dream.” Seulgi said in a small voice not looking up staring down her shoes. 

“Ddeulgi-ah it’s you? You’ve been leaving the flowers?” Her hands traced the waxy petals softly with a smile. The taller girl could only nod as she cleared . 

“I still have the very first one you left me, I thought it was sweet not like all these boys who try too hard. I have a lot of them to be honest but I gave a lot to my family because I don’t think that many roses would fit in my room safely.” Irene joked and giggled when she say Seulgi’s face reddened quickly. Taking a step forward she remembered something and gently pulled back the pedal and gasped. 

‘Will you go out with me?’

The grin on her face looked like it was ready to split in two. Irene had stepped even closer to the point where the tip of their shoes touched. Seulgi swallowed nervously as she fiddled with the strap of her bag. Her brain wasn’t functioning at how close the older girl was to her and she was positive that she was so close to fainting when she felt something soft and warm wrap around her hand. 

“Seulgi-ah I think I know the answer to this but again will you go out with me?” Irene smiled softly at her again and waited for any type of response. Her smile grew impossibly wider when she felt Seulgi’s hand grip her own in return. 

“Irene I don’t even think that should be question because of course I will.” Their hands were laced together and Seulgi swore that she felt her heart leap into . Seeing the girl she cared for so much smile so brightly because of her was the best thing she could ask for. But of course there was always something that threw her off. 

“So Ddeulgi have you and Yooa kissed yet for the play?” Irene asked with the lift of her eyebrow.

“I-I uh n-no we almost did but Mrs. Kim stopped us before the scene, tomorrow we’re going to run through it all so I have to stay longer.” Seulgi blurted out so fast she wasn’t sure if Irene understood anything besides two words. Her face had reddened drastically she was so positive she was going to explode. Especially with how much closer Irene had gotten to her there was practically no space between the two. 

“So you’re telling me you haven’t had your first kiss yet?”

A nod. 

“Good because from here on out you’re my baby bear.” Irene said sweetly as she moved her hand to gently cup Seulgi’s chin. She could feel the younger girl shiver under her touch. At this point they were both internally screaming and Seulgi was so ready to run out the door and actually scream in happiness. 

“Then would it be okay if um if I was?” Seulgi could only nod shyly at her, she couldn’t look away from Irene’s lips they just looked so soft. Smiling at her response Irene pulled Seulgi’s chin towards her slowly before she noticed how stiff her arms were. Stopping she gently grabbed one of Seulgi’s hands and placed it on her waist. 

“Relax okay? I don’t bite unless you want me to.” She winked and giggled at Seulgi choked on her own air. Bringing her attention back to where she was she smiled when Seulgi started leaning in slowly towards her. With one last gentle tug soft lips landed on her own they both couldn’t help but sigh in content. Irene softly moved against her and couldn’t hide her smile when Seulgi responded so eagerly. Fingers no longer playing with the strap of her bag but instead they were wrapped around Irene’s hips holding her close. Whe

Please log in to read the full chapter