Ddeulgi

Purple Roses
Please log in to read the full chapter

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

“I swear if she doesn’t open this door I’m leaving her.” A petite girl angrily mumbled as she impatiently tapped her foot. Suddenly the door swung open and the sleepy girl who answered was tackled down. 

“Just because you live alone doesn’t mean you don’t have to be responsible Seulgi! Would you even go to school if I wasn’t always on your ?!” She yelled at the groaning girl underneath her. 

“Wendy come on you know I would I have to.” Seulgi groaned rubbing her face before pushing off the smaller girl. Wendy huffed while she stood herself up and pulled her best friend along with her. She couldn’t help but sigh and let a small smile grow on your face. 

“Seulgi I admire you I really do but come on man.” Wendy said pushing her aside so she could go sit on her favorite lazy boy. Seulgi let out a soft laugh before walking over to her rubbing her eyes. 

“Do you want something before we leave Wannie?” Seulgi asked as she wandered into her kitchen finishing her breakfast a certain hamster had rudely interrupted. 

“Wan-ah?” She asked again not getting an answer. Lifting her bowl and chopsticks she shuffled back to see what had happened. 

“Kkangseul I... this is amazing..” Wendy gasped turning to her best friend still staring at the piece of art in her hands. Seulgi’s eyes widened almost choking on the piece of sausage in . She didn’t know whether to panic or not since Wendy knew about her not so little habit. But she had never seen it herself. 

“Seulgi this is beautiful I-I knew you were talented but wow.” Wendy couldn’t take her eyes away from the rose in her hands. Seulgi blushed as she rushed to set down her bowl. When she came back Wendy was still struck in awe. She looked down at the rose being held so carefully in her hands. Seulgi had spent all of her sophomore year learning how to preserve her roses in wax. Roses were always such a beautiful flower in her eyes, her mother would grow them in their backyard. So now she does on her balcony it reminds her of her home town and her mother’s warmth. She wanted to keep that beauty alive for as long as she could. When she started growing white roses an idea came to mind, why not paint them then wax. Her first one was one that had it’s edges dipped in a rainbow mixture she still had it in her room till this day. Seulgi had painted most of hers and sent them home to her parents and grandparents every month, but the beginning of her third year changed everything. The day she spent an afternoon with Bae Irene (and the rest of their mutual friends), she realized how beautiful and elegant the girl really was. Maybe her oh so little crush from her first year has finally risen but she knew she didn’t stand a chance to win the heart of her senior. Not when so many others were trying and most likely had a better chance of doing so, like mister Park Bogum himself. To everyone they would make a cute couple, to Seulgi it just leaves bitter taste in . She didn’t know how to express her feelings until she remembered her roses. 

~*~ Flashback to a few months ago

“I could give her my roses...” Seulgi mumbled holding a fresh cut rose. Not even noticing when Wendy had let herself in and taking a seat next to her. 

“Why are you talking to yourself Seul?”

“JESUS WENDY!” Seulgi leap off her couch clutching her chest in one hand and the rose in the other. 

“I’m not Jesus but why were you talking to yourself?” Wendy asked once more crossing her legs and leaning back into the cushion. Seulgi blushed and looked down at the flower most certainly gaining the shorter girl’s attention. 

“Seulgi?”

Shifting in her spot she fumbled with the rose. 

“I want to impress Irene...”

“Excuse me?” Wendy leaned forward as if she didn’t hear her. 

“Wendyyyy~”

“Wow Seulgi well what does that have to do with the rose you were staring so hard at? I swear it was going to burst into flames at some point.”

“I want to use them but I just don’t know how...” The bear like girl frown looking up at her best friend. Wendy furrowed her brow but suddenly shot up rushing over to her. 

“I know what you can do! Paint them purple it’s her favorite color and leave them on her desk or in her locker!”

~*~

“Irene is lucky to have someone like you Seulgi.” Wendy said suddenly bringing her out of her thoughts. 

“Huh? But I’m not hers..?” Seulgi asked confused. 

“I know but she’s lucky that someone like you likes her genuinely enough to put so much thought and care into something like this. Your art is really beautiful.” Wendy smiled taking her hand and walking to the door. 

“Come on let’s go so you can go leave this early so you won’t get caught Seul!” 

With that Seulgi was pulled along quickly towards the bus stop. A soft smile made it’s way onto her face remembering the first time she saw Irene pick up her rose when she passed by her homeroom to drop off Yeri who happened to share the same one as their senior. The way she picked up and help the purple flower and the smile on her face was enough for Seulgi. Even if it meant not being able to confess her true feelings, her chance might even exist because what are the chances Irene would accept her especially since she’s a girl. She couldn’t help the sign that escaped her lips only to be nudge by her best friend and dragged onto the waiting bus. 

~*~

“Seulgi hurry up! The room is still empty but who knows who might show up!” Wendy whispered harshly keeping a look out for anyone who might be headed their way. 

“Okay I’m done!” Seulgi said dashing out of the room and down the hall with Wendy following close behind. At this point this has become a routine for both of them running away as if they just murdered someone in broad daylight, except now Wendy finally got to see the rose.

Turning the corner not really payi

Please log in to read the full chapter