7 boys

Dreams are for kids

As I walked in the room I saw Tae sitting in his usual spot just smiling. He waved me over and I went over to him with a smile on my face. I sit down and he picks up the one earbud that's not in my ear.

"EXO?" he asks.

I nod. "I like them a lot."

He smiles. Mr. Lin comes in and begins class. The whole time Tae listens to my music. At one point he starts mouthing the words to me making me laugh.

"Ji Ky get to work."

I smile shyly. "Sorry Mr. Lin."

Tae giggles slightly and I can't help but smile as well. After math we go outside for lunch. All of the boys are already there talking loud. I just laugh and walk in the middle of them.

"Well Ky, I guess we made a good impression on you." Jeonguk says.

I smile. "i guess so." 

They all laugh and push each other around. I sit up on the table and let my feet dangle over the side. Tae stands on my right and Namjoon on my left. They talk about music and begin to bet who would be a better rapper.

"So then why don't you all have a competition to see who is the best rapper?" I say after a few minutes of them bickering.

They all look at me dumbfounded.

"And who would judge that?" Yoongi chimes in.

I smile. "I could." They all smile and look at each other.

"I assume that's a yes?" They all nod.

"Ok great you each will have until friday to prepare something. We will all meet in the music room right after school to see who really is the best."

They all smile and agree. I laugh knowing this is going to be interesting. Tae walks me to History class.

"You really believe in us don't you?" He says.

I nod. "I believe in dreams."

He looks at me with a serious look. "Dreams are for kids."

I shake my head. "Kids can't afford dreams. We can. I mean if you have a dream why wouldn't you follow it."

He looks at me. "You'll become a great singer." He says.

"So will you. You just have to trust me." He smiles and I walk into my class. 

It turns out that Hoseok is in that class. I just never noticed him before. He is always quite and listening to music. Kind of like me. I walk in and sit next to him.

"i didn't think you'd mind."

He smiles. "Of course not." 
He slides over a bit to make more room for me.

"So question what are you looking for as far as a rap?" he asks.

I think about it. "Well the lyrics have to be mind blowing or really important. Also it doesn't have to be extremely fast if you can keep time with a rythym."

He smiles. "You're deep Ky."

I smile. "Music means the entire world to me."

"Me too. I just don't seem to have time or money to become a singer anymore."

I shake my head. "There will be an oppurtunity one day. What do you like to do?"

he smiles. "I can dance pretty good and I can kind of rap."

I smile.

"What about you?"

"I can sing and dance a bit. My rap is shaky."

He smiles. "You'll have to work on it then."

I smile. "Yeah probably." 

It's funny how much they had changed me. Made me believe more in good things. I changed them too. Made them believe in themselves. In the end it worked for all of us. We all were children that were filled with dreams.