The dance

Dreams are for kids

The next morning I remember why I didn't want the trip to end. I wake up with a smile on my face and ready to see them again. I get ready quicker than I ever have and run out the door. I see Namjoon waiting at the subway stop and I try to get up to him as quick as possible. I just want to talk to him. He sees me and immediately smiles. "Your in a good mood." He says

I laugh and practically skip over to him. He smiles like a kid and then looks at me.

"Your so cute today." He says.

I make nothing of it. Maybe I should have. We sit together on the subway and talk about music. He has been writing another song since the rap battle. I forgot that I hadn't told them who won. And the prize? I already knew it was Yoongi. He had made us all feel something and the boy could spit lightning. I can't wait to tell him. While we're walking to the school  I look out at the trees and see a few leaves beggining to turn bright red. It's nearly November and the leaves have almost all fallen those that haven't still have bright beautiful colors. Namjoon notices me looking at them as one falls. I go to catch it and he reaches up and catches it for me. I look at him and he looks at me. In that moment I can't think for myself. His hand comes down to give it to me.

"I thought you would want it."

I smile and take it from him. His face comes down to meet mine and I just look in his eyes until his lips touch mine. I take in his kiss with a bit of hesitancy. But about halfway through it I reach up and put my arms around his neck. He pulls away and just looks at me.

"I've been holding that back for 2 weeks."

I smile and bury my face in his chest. He runs his hands through my hair and brings my lips back up to his. Not for nearly as long but enough to still make me dizzy. As we walk in to the music room where everyone elses he pulls me out of the doorway. I turn to face him.

"Don't tell them ok?" he says.

I nod "Ok."

We walk in and Tae comes up to me and puts his arm around my shoulder. I smile and he starts singing. We all join in our voices matching perfectly. I want to laugh at how easily we fell together and how perfectly we work together. The bell rings and Namjoon and Tae walk me to class. When we get there Tae gives me a smile before he pulls me into his arms and gives me a hug.

"Have fun." he says. I hear Joon sigh.

When Tae let's go I go into the class and sit next to Joon. He doesn't look at me for a minute and then he sighs.

"He likes you." 

I look at him.

"Taehyung?"

He nods. "I hate it."

I look in his eyes. "why?"

"It's clear you like him too. You wouldn't have kissed him if you didn't." 

I look at him. How could he have known? 

"I was awake. I watched you do it."

It's as if he read my mind.

"Joon."

"You don't have to explain yourself to me Ky. I just think that you should make your decision before you start messing with both of us. You'll end up hurting both of us in the process." 

"Joon."

"Forget it Ky. That kiss meant nothing."

I feel a piece of me break. But he has a point. I need to decide who it is I really want. I don't want to hurt either of them. We sit in silence for the rest of class. When the bell rings I get up and don't even want to look at him. Tears are coming to my eyes and I don't know how to feel about it. I shouldn't cry over him. If it meant nothing then it meant nothing. I shouldn't be upset. I wouldn't let myself be upset. I took a breath and continued to Science. 

When I walked in Tae had a smile on his face. I smiled immediately thinking about this weekend. It was so much fun. Then I think about the kiss and my smile fades. I see his fade too and wonder if he knows. I sit down next to him.

"You could do that again."

He knows. 

"Tae"

"I'm just messing with you. It's ok I realize you probably weren't thinking straight."

I nod. I wasn't it was impulse. Heart over head. We get started on our project and listen to Big Bang and Girls Generation. As we work he randomly pokes my side making me sqeaul after a few times of me smacking his shoulder he stops. When we have 5 minutes till the end of class I notice a smile that crosses his face. 

"What?" I ask. 

He smiles even harder now. "There's a dance that's coming up. The boys want to go. Did you know that?" 

I shake my head up. There's no posters advertising it or anything. How could I know?

"You don't already have a date do you?" 

I shake my head. "Why?" 

He looks away still smiling. 
"tae?"

He puts in his earphones to drown me out and I want to smack him but I don't. Whatever he has to say he will eventually say. But it still makes me curious. Part of me wants Taehyung. I just want him but when I think about the leaf and the kiss I want Namjoon. The decision will not come easily. But then again why would it. This is real life after all.