Blast from the past

Dreams are for kids

When I wake up the next morning I'm the first one up. I look at Tae just lying there like an angel. I decide to go and get them all breakfast. But before I do I look at Tae. I said I didn't want anyone but when I look at him I think maybe I could. I lean down and kiss his forehead before I get up and put my hair up. I leave a note saying I'll be back and then I walk downstairs and out the door. It's not a far walk to Cafe Prince. I walk in and see Jae Eun is already working she comes up and says hello. 

"Aww where's the entourage?" 

I laugh "Still sleeping. I came to get some Doenjang soup." 

She smiles and goes back to get 8 take away bowls of the soup. I look at the cafe. If I had stayed would I have ended up working here? Probably. I don't want to think about it though. She comes back with the soup and I pay for it.

"I'm leaving tonight. I probably won't see you for a while." I say

She sighs and whines and gives me a hug.

"I'll miss you Ji Ky."

"I'll miss you too Jae Eun."

I hug her one last time and then turn to leave out of the place. I take one last look and leave. As I walk back to the hotel I really take in the look of the city that was home at one point. I still can't believe it has been 2 months. It seems like just yesterday I left. Then again it feels like a lifetime since I met the 7 idiots that ruined my life. I walk in the hotel and up to the room where they're all waiting. 

"I brought food." I say and they erupt into laughter and reaching for it.

When all the soup is gone and we've all gotten ready for the day we leave. We get in the car and go to Sandong Bowling. I haven't bowled in years so when we get there everything feels so wrong. But eventually I pick it up. Jeonguk has never bowled so we all help him. Even set up the bumpers for him. I remember just a month or so before my father died we came bowling. I had won that day and he was proud of me. He had told me he was proud of me several times but that day it meant more. Even after he died I constantly would smile thinking about that day.

It's my time and I roll a strike. They all pick me up and shout. People around us laugh but we're too busy having fun to notice. We play nearly 7 games of bowling before we decide that we have to go back to Seoul. We already put our luggage in the car so we don't have to worry about that. We take one final picture of us all at Pyeongchon Central Park. It's the perfect picture. I make a mental note to get all of our pictures printed and put them in a book or something. On the drive back home I sleep with Tae and Joonie. When we get back they take me to my house. They all come in to say hello to my mother and we talk about the trip. As we tell her I can see her get homesick too. She doesn't have anything for her in Seoul. I do. She did this all for me. 

"We'll have to go soon mom."

She nods. The boys say goodbye and leave. I go back to my room and begin to unpack. 

"Sounds like you kids had fun." 

I nod "We had a ton of fun."

"I'm glad we moved here." She says.

I look at her. She's being sincere. She really is glad we moved here. But why? There's nothing for her here. Just me. 

"I know that there's nothing here for me but watching you with those boys is enough for me to be satisfied. You really have made some really great friends and I hope that you will stay friends with them for a while."

I smile and go hug her. She holds me really tight. I know that she has given up so much for me. I don't want to dissapoint her. I want to be a singer for her. She wants this almost as much as I do. I love her so much. Even though at first I hated it I was beggining to love Seoul. I was beggining to love everything about it. But one of those many things would begin to stand out much more clear to me.