The Rap of the century Pt. 1

Dreams are for kids

I walk into the Music room where they all stand around the piano. They quiet down as I walk in the room. I look at them all. 

"You guys have working really hard all week and I'm really excited to see what you have come up with." 

I look at Hoseok. He looks like he's confident as hell and also about to throw up. I smile at him and he comes forward. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"You'll do great."

He smiles at me. He stands in front and we all sit on the risers to watch him. He takes a deep breath and begins. 

Dreams were for kids

Till the kids grew up

That's the line. The one that sticks with me the whole time. I listen to the whole rap and love it. He can rap pretty fast. But it's not the pace that gets me. It's those first two lines. He repeats them through out the whole rap and everytime I swear I get chills. I look at Jeonguk next. He is sweating and I feel bad for him. He's about a year or two younger than the rest of us other than Jin and Yoongi. They are a year older than us. I smile and he comes forward.

Call me what you want but it's over

There's no need to cry

Cuz we all knew this day was coming

The day I'd finally say goodbye

His voice enchants me. Every word more beautiful than the next. I want to cry some of the things that come out of his mouth. When he's finished we give him a standing ovation. The bell rings and we all are ready for class with words of inspiration.

As we walk to Dance studio Tae begins to poke at my sides.

"You haven't heard anything yet." he says and I laugh.

"Oh yeah, think you can blow me away?"

He nods. "I promise I can."

I laugh. We walk into dance studio and I notice something different. I look in the mirror and I'm right. Mi Na is back. She had moved to Seoul before I did. She was in school with me at Anwang. Her and I were constantly against each other. She moved here to become a singer and it seemed to be working. Or so I thought. Had they really dropped her? She gets up to come to me and I grab Tae's hand.

"Ji Ky!" she says with a fake excited voice.

"Hello Mi Na."

She looks at me. "You've grown up since I'd last seen you nearly a month ago."

I fight hard to keep from tearing my hand out of Tae's to deck her.

She smiles. "And you have a boyfriend."

Tae goes to say something but I cut him off. "Yep. We're happy together."

She smiles. "Hi Tae."

I feel him tense up.

"Mi Na why don't you leave us alone."

She walks away with that stupid hip pop thing that makes me want to hit her upside the head and hopefully knock some sense into that big head of hers. 

"Sorry about that" I say after class. 

"It's fine I understand." 

He looks upset and I don't know why. I want to ask but it's too soon before I'm in Piano. He smiles and then walks away. Eventually I would know why he looked like that. He was always the kind of guy that would never tell you straight to your face everything he was thinking. He would hide so much and sometimes I would hate it. But most of the time he had good intentions.