Piano keys

Dreams are for kids

When I wake up in the morning a rush runs over me. I spent the whole night with the boys singing and playing around. My mom didn't mind one bit. I made friends. That's all she wanted. She didn't even question when I came to the door laughing and saying goodbye to Tae and Jin. She just laughed.

"I told you it wouldn't be that bad." She joked.

She was right. I woke up with a smile on my face. I the music and just lied there for a minute. I smiled really big and got up, put on my outfit and then looked at my phone. I see a message from Tae

Come to the music room first thing when you get to school I want to show you something.

I laugh.

I will

After that I practically run to the subway station. I notice Namjoon sit down in a seat ahead of me and I go to him. 

"Hey." I say quietly. He looks up and pulls one earbud out.

"Oh hey, I didn't see you." 

I laughed. "What are you listening to?"

He shows me his phone. Day by Day by Big Bang. I smile knowing that song really well.

"You want to listen?" He asks and hands me an earbud.

The sound of the music and the sway of the subway lull me into a happy sleep. I wake up when I fell Namjoon's head on mine. I realize I had fallen asleep on his shoulder and look at him. He just smiles. I go to move but he won't let me. I stay where I am and I feel him slightly kiss the top of my head. I move this time to face him. He smiles shyly and I'm not sure how to feel. He just continues to smile like a kid.

We walk through the doors together. I wish he would leave but I won't say that to him. I walk towards the music room with my heart beating wildly. I walk in and see Tae sitting at the piano.

"Oh hey Joon." he says not very enthusiastically.

He looks at me and I want to explain everything but Namjoon is standing right behind me. I look at Tae right in the eyes.

"You had something for me?"

He nods immediately and puts his hands on the keys. "It's just the piano. I wanted you to write the lyrics."

I smile as he begins to play. When the song is over I come up with a few ideas for lyrics in my head. Something about spring. I just don't know quite what yet. Namjoon looks at me the whole song and I feel slightly uncomfortable. I don't want him to get the idea that I want him. Honestly I don't really want anyone right now. He has to know that but it's hard when he kisses the top of my head and stands behind me all the time.  

We walk out of there and Tae grabs my wrist. Before I have time to react he's pulling me away to a hall. He lets go and turns me around.

"What was he doing?" He asks harshly enough for me to wince. "

Sorry." He says and then lifts my face. "Ky, what happened."

i want to tell him everything. Just break down and tell him. But I don't want to hurt him.

"Tae nothing happened. I swear."

He looks at me and then smiles. "Good. I'll walk you to class then." 

He walks me to Writing and I immediately want to grab Tae's hand and walk away.

"I'll see you in science." he says before he walks away with a really adorable smile on his face.

I walk in and sit next to Namjoon. "What did he ask?"

I look at him. "He wanted to ask me for my opinion on the song."

"He couldn't say it in front of me?"

I put in my earbuds and pretend I didn't hear that. He yanks them out of my ears.

"Ky, what did he ask seriously?"

I just look at him with tears about to flood my eyes. "He asked what you were doing there."

he nods. "I knew it. What did you tell him?"

"That you were on the subway with me. That was it." He nods and I put my earbuds back in. 

Maybe I had imagined it. The whole problem that morning. I just remember the look in Namjoon's eyes when he asked me what I had said. It was like fire. Like the Devil himself had possessed him. I was afraid for my life. I didn't want to admit that to anyone. I knew I would never be able to tell anyone about what had happened right then and there. It was as if my heart was being played like a piano. And every note began to create a song. A song I would never forget.