See You On The Next Trip 2

Heights and Sunsets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Short Story Title: See You On The Next Trip

Chapter Title: The Amusing Part

I just randomly think of my titles so no judgment please. 

Enjoy!

“I’ll wake up early...”

 

That was Lisa’s words before she went to bed after studying at 2AM. Unfortunately, due to some obvious reasons, Lisa woke up a little late from her scheduled time of waking up. Supposedly, she was going to get up at 7AM to prepare for their trip to the amusement park, however, Lisa woke up at 8AM. Having only one hour to prepare and an hour to get to the park.

 

“! ! !” Lisa whispered to herself, scrambling off from her bed then running off to her bathroom, leaving her bed untidy.

 

In normal days, Lisa takes about an hour to take a bath (God only knows why) and 30 minutes to prepare herself. But this day is an exception to the rule, with all her will, Lisa finished taking a bath in only about 15 minutes. She walked out of her bathroom all dressed up in a gray loose shirt with printed Marvel superheroes and a black skinny ripped jeans that fit perfectly on her waist. However, she’s still in a rush because Seoul can have a busy road anytime of the day. With only a light touch of make-up, she made her way downstairs, almost tripping on the last step of the stairs.

 

“Hi mom, I’m going out!” Lisa yells loud enough for her mom to hear. She swiftly puts on her white shoes while her right hand was used to balance herself against the wall.

 

“I’m not blind Lisa,” Mrs. Manoban replies, she looks at her daughter who was rushing. “Be safe okay?”

 

Lisa answers her mom with a hum before going out of the house taking her cap, only to be greeted by a bright ray of sunshine. She used her hand to block it while fishing her own sunglasses out of her messenger bag. She wore the black rayban sunglass before proceeding to hail a taxi. Checking on her phone, Lisa found it weird when none of her friends messaged her. She let it slip and decided to take a nap during the ride.

 

After quite some time, the driver gently wakes her up, telling her that they have reached their destination.

 

“Oh we’re here already,” Lisa says, a hint of drowsiness was obvious in her voice. She gave the driver enough tip to thank him for the convenient ride, which the driver felt grateful for.

 

It wasn’t that crowded, according to Lisa’s opinion. There were only a few people walking around just outside the huge gate. She glances on her watch and she smiled victoriously knowing that she’s a few minutes early. She looked around the place, hoping that she’d spot some of her friends.

 

She didn’t.

 

Instead, someone spotted her. A few taps on her shoulder were enough to grab her attention. She looked to her right and saw Jennie smiling widely at her.

 

“You’re early,” Jennie says.

 

Lisa stifles a laugh, turning completely to face her. She looked past Jennie, wondering if the other two were with her, unfortunately there’s no sign of them. “They’re still not here?”

 

Jennie nods, looking around. The more she looks at people and that huge statue of fun and amusement— the more Jennie gets excited.

 

“Well that’s weird,” Lisa whispers, but she made sure Jennie will hear it.

 

Jennie turns to her with a questioning gaze.

 

“Chaeyoung doesn’t really like being late,” explained Lisa.

 

“I know, I’ve been trying to call her.” Jennie spoke softly which Lisa found cute because in all honesty, she thought the girl would be loud basing on her facade.

 

Lisa shrugs, thinking that it’s probably due to the traffic. She then starts looking for a place to take her breakfast since she hadn’t had any chance to eat.

 

“Have you eaten?” Lisa asks, the words came out of her with so much care which surprised herself.

 

“I did take a bowl of cereal but I’m craving for some pancakes,” Jennie snakes her arm on Lisa’s, making the girl’s face heat up and her body stiff.

 

“Uhhh, t-that store s-serves p-pancakes,” Lisa mentally cursed herself for obviously stuttering like a little kid who is still not fluent in speaking at all.

 

Jennie beamed, pumping her fist in the air. “Let’s go then!”

 

Before Lisa could react, Jennie’s hand travelled down her hand. She felt the girl’s grip tighten and soon she found herself being dragged. She doesn’t care though. All she cares about is the weird feeling forming inside her gut. It was something odd but also natural. It felt nice and weird at the same time. Lisa shook her head when found herself mesmerized with Jennie’s smile. She looked at the precious smile again and felt the weird feeling inside her grow stronger.

 

What the hell, she thought.

 

“It smells good!” Jennie beamed once again. Her eyes glistened when she saw the waiter serving some steaming hot pancakes to a customer.

 

Lisa didn’t even recognize that they were already inside until Jennie let out her amusement about the smell of the store.

 

“Let’s take a seat,”

 

Lisa’s eyes widen in shock when Jennie turned to her while wearing the smile that put all her senses at loss. But she quickly regained her senses back when she felt Jennie tugging her shirt.

 

“C’mon,” Jennie says, dragging the girl with her once again.

 

Lisa still can’t process anything that’s going on. She’s still figuring out what were those feelings that she felt just now.

 

They took the table at the corner of the store. Jennie somehow find it cozy when she sits next to the glass window.

 

“I’ll order for us,” Lisa offers, prompting herself to get up but Jennie was quick to stop her.

 

“Hold on,” Jennie starts to open her bag and without waiting for a second, Lisa knew that the other girl will take out some cash.

 

Before Jennie could take the cash out, Lisa says, “I’ll pay!” The words came out a little loud, surprising Jennie.

 

“What? No, I’ll pay.”

 

Lisa shakes her head continuously, not wanting to argue who’s going to pay, Lisa hurried to the counter, leaving Jennie dumbfounded.

 

Jennie couldn’t just leave their table. She didn’t want anyone to steal their spot. She heaves out a sigh, letting Lisa take the order for them. Her eyes landed on Lisa who was standing in the queue, she smiled involuntarily as she scan the girl up and down.

 

“I didn’t know she’s that tall,” she says to herself. She smiled even more, seeing how serious Lisa looked when she was looking at menu above. Jennie started noticing the small details of Lisa. From her get-up down to her long legs. She also noticed some movements, like how Lisa would lean against the counter and the tapping of the her shoes’ toe cap. She also had a glimpse of Lisa’s soft smile which probably melted the heart of the cashier. It was the kind of smile that anyone who works to serve customers would feel light. She smiles to herself, “If you continue smiling like that, that cashier girl won’t be able to serve the next one.”

 

After a few minutes, Lisa comes back with pancakes and waffles followed by a guy carrying their drinks.

 

“I ordered orange juice for us, I hope that’s okay,” Lisa says as she take her seat across Jennie.

 

“That’s okay,” Jennie smiles, mumbling a soft thank you at the guy who helped Lisa.

 

Jennie started devouring the pancakes and it made her squeal in joy after tasting one of the most delicious pancakes that she had ever tasted. “This is so good!”

 

Lisa chuckles as she take a bite of her waffles. She glances at the girl and noticed a drop of syrup right at the corner of Jennie’s lips. Without saying anything, Lisa did what people usually do in a romantic film— wipe the syrup away using her thumb. Lisa didn’t realize her actions right away and when she did, she quickly retreated her hand seeing Jennie’s shock face afterwards.

 

“I-i’m sorry,” Lisa quickly says, thinking that it freaked out Jennie.

 

Jennie blinked a few times, trying to regain herself. “I-it’s okay.” She mumbles, keeping her eyes on her food while trying to stop the heat from forming on her cheeks.

 

The two fell in silence but somehow it was comforting and not awkward. Somehow, the both of them felt that each other’s presence was enough. Lisa is not really a fan of silence. She would always want something or someone speaking right next to her ear, but with Jennie, she felt like she could stay in silence forever.

 

Thirty minutes had gone and the two was done with their breakfast. However, Chaeyoung and Jisoo was nowhere to be found. Restless, Lisa decided to call Chaeyoung.

 

It rang twice before the call was answered.

 

“Lice!” Chaeyoung greets, her voice sounded like she was in a state of panic.

 

“Hey, where are you guys?”

 

Jennie shots her head up, looking at Lisa with a questioning face. Lisa mouths Chaeyoung’s name and Jennie quickly understood.

 

“Jisoo is not feeling well, she’s been in and out of the bathroom for the past hour.” Chaeyoung sounded even more worried than what Lisa had heard earlier. “But don’t postpone the trip for us, we’ll try to get there. I’m just gonna make sure Jisoo is feeling better.” Chaeyoung quickly added.

 

“What? What happened?” Lisa asks, worried about her friend. Jennie sensed the worry in Lisa’s voice, she set aside her phone and reached for Lisa’s hand. Lisa looked up and met Jennie’s eyes. With a few nods and okays, Lisa ended the call.

 

Lisa sighs, “Jisoo is not feeling well. They said they’ll try to go after.” She looked back up at Jennie with an apologetic smile. “But she said she doesn’t want us to postpone the trip for them.”

 

Jennie could on utter an ‘oh’ while she leaned her back against her chair. Although she’s worried about Jisoo, she’s more worried about the fact that Lisa is stuck with her. She’s worried about the girl not liking to be left alone with her. After all, they just met. Who knows if Lisa even wants to be friends with her.

 

“I mean...” she heard Lisa say, her voice soft as she spoke, “...if you don’t mind being stuck with me, we could go along with the trip.”

 

Jennie could feel her lips form a wide smile after finding out that she wasn’t the only one being bother about the other not wanting to stay without the other two. “I’d like that.”

 

Jennie flashes a smile at Lisa. The smile that Lisa finds so precious and mesmerizing. The smile that forms the weird feelings inside her. The smile that became so familiar in just a few seconds. The smile that makes Lisa smile back, wholeheartedly.

 

 

Jennie and Lisa didn’t waste any time, they ran like ninjas towards the ticket booth, not wanting the queue to be longer than expected.

 

“So what do you want to try out first?” Lisa asks as soon as they got in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter