ILYSB

Heights and Sunsets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A one shot story out of LANY's ILYSB (Stripped)

This is somehow a cringe-worthy story. Please enjoy.

 

11:30PM

 

I should be sleeping now, Lisa thought. It has been an hour since Jennie said goodnight to her. Jennie, her best friend that turned into her girlfriend 4 months ago, Lisa just can’t get enough of the fact that they are now official. She could still remember the first time she heard Jennie say the words she had been longing to hear. And that is the reason why she couldn’t sleep, it’s not insomnia that is keeping her up— it’s Jennie. Her happy pill. The one she just couldn’t get enough off.

 

She smiled to herself, closing her eyes and resting her arm on her forehead. She let herself get lost in the music that she’s listening to. Apparently, listening to songs while in love, can make you remember all the reasons why you’re in love in the first place. Every song seemed to be a reminder of Jennie. Jennie would always manage to pop up in her head, stealing the wink of sleep Lisa is trying to take.

 

“Who am I kidding...” Lisa said to herself, lifting her phone up to check what’s next on the playlist, she immediately put her phone down knowing that it was a song she’s been in love with, “I am not gonna be able to sleep any time soon.”

 

Then the beats of the next song played. It was soft and gave a very familiar vibe. As if she was one with the beats in the song. It was like she’s hearing it play from the phonograph. She looked up in the ceiling, trying to feel the calmness of the night.

 

Ain’t never felt this way

 

An image of Jennie smiling lovely at her flashed and Lisa couldn’t help but smile as well. It was the smile that swept her off of her feet. The smile that would probably make anyone swoon. It made Lisa smile even more knowing that, that smile is only for her— no one else but her.

 

Can’t get enough so stay...

with me

 

Lisa shifted to her right, still grasping precious moments in her head. The next thing that played to her mind was Jennie running to her every time they see each other in the hallway, and how she would always grab the girl by the waist and spin her around— not minding everyone around them— like it was just the two of them. It was the simple moments that hold a very special place to Lisa’s heart and without fail, they make her smile.

 

It’s not like we got big plans

Let’s drive around town holding hands

 

She loves every bit of Jennie. Her voice. Her smiles. Her eyes. Her lips. Her cheeks. Her soft hands. Every. Bit. Of. Jennie’s. Being. Even her flaws, she loves them. She loves seeing Jennie’s eyes sparkle whenever she’s watching the sunset and how peaceful the brunette looked whenever she’s in a high place. It made Lisa’s heart skip a beat— just thinking about Jennie, makes her happy.

 

And you need to know

You're the only one, alright alright

 

Lisa got up, she won’t be able to sleep tonight, she’s sure of that. She jumped out of her bed, grabbed her jacket, and went out of her house.

 

And you need to know

That you keep me up all night, all night

 

It’s funny how the song represents her everyday state. Just the mere thought of her girlfriend would always keep her up, in a good way. So good that her heart would slightly explode.

 

In most days, it would take Lisa 30mins to get to Jennie’s house. But she couldn’t wait until the next morning to see her. She needed to see J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter