The Introduction

Heights and Sunsets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A story unrelated to the first three chapters.

This is an introduction (as per the title) to an upcoming short story which is going to have 4-5 chapters. Depends on me. Who knows.

Please enjoy.

 

“Lalisa get up!” A voice shouted, causing Lisa to stir up from her slumber. She groaned loudly, dragging her sheets with her as she force herself to get up. She felt like she has the whole world right behind her back.

 

She glanced to her phone, checking if there are any notifications. Her eyes landed on the time and it made her groan even more— seeing that she only had 3 hours of sleep in a Saturday. She was about to go back to sleep but her mom stopped her.

 

“Lisa get out of the house!” Her mom yells, her words piercing into Lisa’s ears.

 

“It’s only 8AM… Why?” Lisa growled lazily, grabbing her pillow and plopping her head onto it while move her feet around her bed.

 

“I’m going to clean the house and your filthy room! And I highly doubt that you’re going to help, so move!” With all Mrs. Manoban’s energy, she flipped Lisa over and the girl fell flat on her .

 

Lisa groans. There’s no point arguing with her mom. If she stays inside the house, she won’t be able to sleep either. She grabs her jacket and without bidding her mom goodbye, she closed the door. If there’s one thing she hates, that’s waking up too early in a weekend. She groaned even more when the morning breeze hit her grimacing face. “This is ridiculous! Where the hell am I going?”

 

Without knowing where to go, Lisa walks towards wherever her feet is taking her. A few passersby stared at her weirdly. She looks like a drunk mess, some strands of her hair are out of their place, her eyes are half closed, and she’s definitely walking like a zombie, who wouldn't give her a look. Lisa doesn’t care anyway, she’s too busy thinking where the hell she’s going to stay. All of a sudden, as if an angel just passed by, she thought of her best friend— Chaeyoung. Who happens to live a few blocks away from her house. She decides to call her friend before barging into her house, although she could do that and no one will mind.

 

“Chaeyoung...” Lisa says, pouting as if Chaeyoung could actually see it.

 

“You’re up early,”

 

“My mom kicked me out,”

 

Chaeyoung isn’t surprised at all, she knows why Lisa’s mom kicked her out and this isn’t the first time it happened, thus she already know why Lisa is calling her. “Sleep here then but I hope you don’t mind, I have a friend over who just got back from New Zealand so...”

 

Lisa doesn’t mind sleeping under the presence of any stranger. She had done it multiple times, in the library, the cafeteria, sometimes inside the class or literally anywhere. She basically doesn’t have any dignity when it comes to sleeping. “I don’t mind, unless your friend does.”

 

“Nah, I’m sure she won’t, see you in a few?”

 

“Yup! Thanks Chaeng!”

 

Lisa took only five minutes to reach Chaeyoung’s house, she was greeted by Chaeyoung’s mom, who seems to be going somewhere.

 

“Oh took you long enough to get here,” Mrs. Park greeted, letting the zombie looking girl in. “Your mom gave me a heads up already, she figured you might go here.”

 

Lisa smiled gratefully at Mrs. Park. She has always been so kind to her every time she’s here. She would always make her favorite korean food and would sometimes ask her to sleep over if Chaeyoung’s alone. It’s no wonder though, Chaeyoung, her, and Jisoo have been friends for so long that their parents became close friends to each other as well, treating the three of them as their own kid.

 

“I already prepared some breakfast, help yourself up ‘kay?” Mrs. Park gives Lisa a pat on her shoulder then yelled,  “Chaeyoung! Lisa’s here!”

 

Lisa nodded, she wanted to say thank you but her sleepiness is in the way of her speaking abilities. She smiled at the middle aged woman and bid her goodbye as she was already heading out the door. Soon, footsteps were heard followed by Chaeyoung’s humming.

 

“Hey Lice!” She greeted with a smile but soon grimaced when she sees Lisa’s face up close, “Ooohh someone’s looking like a drunk mess.”

 

Lisa rolls her eyes while grunting softly at the truth Chaeyoung spoke, “Tell me about it.”

 

Lisa was about to walk towards the couch to take her long-awaited nap but Chaeyoung grabbed her by the wrist. Lisa turned to face her, only to see Chaeyoung with a confused look. “Where are you going?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter