See You Soon 2

Heights and Sunsets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Short Story Title: See You Soon
Chapter Title: Magnifique

Ps. This was not proofread. Sorry :(



The tire screeches. It makes a little bump but Jennie didn't budge at all, she groaned in fact, since it woke her up from her slumber. There's a flight attendant announcing something over the PA but she does not care at all, for some reasons, she just knows that it was something about the long flight coming to an end. She was right. The last thing she heard over the PA was some welcoming greetings which she did not know, could be one of the saddest thing she would hear tonight. 

One month ago, she did not expect coming home would feel heavier than seven years ago. But now, she finds it hard to even get up from her seat, let alone get her own luggage. She knows that once she steps out of the plane, she won't just be welcomed back to New Zealand but also be slapped with the truth that she's hundreds of miles away from Lisa. 

Lisa. Lisa. Lisa. Lisa. She's the only thing in her mind. Everything is Lisa. She wishes she could just go back to Seoul. She groans as she takes her suitcases out of the compartment. If Lisa was here, she won't have a hard time getting them. 

Great. Now she has successfully connected everything to Lisa. How did she exactly end up like this? Thanks to her falling in love skills. She managed to score the most amazing person and also a long distance relationship. She doesn't know long it will last. The long distance, per se. She does not even know how to tell her parents how she managed to get a love life from her vacation. A girl, that is.

"Everything alright Miss?" A flight attendant asks.

Jennie smiles and wonders if all flight attendants have natural sweet smiles or they were trained to have that smile. 

"I'm alright. Just had a little struggle getting my stuff out,"


It was when she was approached by her parents, that she finally accepted the distance between her and Lisa. She misses the girl so much she can't even smile whole-heartedly as she hug her parents.

"Hey sweetie, how was the flight?" Her mom says fondly.

"Boring," she rolls her eyes, avoiding any contact. Knowing her parents, they would automatically know if something is wrong with her through her eyes. She does not know if it's every parents' instinct or they're just pure fortune tellers.

Jennie's dad takes the suitcases, ending the mini-reunion they were having.
 


Lisa's situation is not any different from Jennie. In fact, they were very much alike. She's stuck with her two friends who seem to have finally realized their feelings for each other. Good for them, she thinks. At least she wouldn't be forced to tag along with them. 

She looks at them. All snuggled together with a blanket covering them.

"Great. Now I'm third-wheeling this two," Lisa whispers hugging the pillow a little tighter hoping it would resemble the feeling of hugging Jennie. 

Damn. There it is. A single thought about Jennie makes things a little different. Seo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter