See You Soon 4

Heights and Sunsets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Short Story Title: See You Soon

Chapter Title: Sure Thing

 

PS. Again, didn't proofread. Sorry.

 

The water drips from the shower. She shivered a little but continued drenching her body. It’s nearly 6 in the morning and even though her classes doesn’t start until after lunch, she decided to get a good shower.

She sighs. A long one, that is. She turns off the shower then wipes away the water from her face with her palms. She puts a hand on the crook of her neck, massaging it softly, it has been aching even before she went to bed last night. She moves her head around, hoping it would ease the ache. She wonders why her neck is suddenly hurting. Was she sleeping in a bad position? She doesn’t know. She sighs once again before continuing her shower.


“Everything okay?” Jennie asks, as she noticed the hundredth time Lisa has moved her head as a way of massaging her neck. She puts down the bowl of cereal she was holding to focus on Lisa who is now massaging her forehead.

 

“I’m fine, just a headache and neck pain, that’s all.” Lisa flashes her girlfriend a smile, assuring her.

 

“You probably slept in a bad position,”

 

“That’s what I thought too. Didn’t know I could get that one wrong as well,”

 

Jennie chuckles, picking up her breakfast as she fixes herself in a more comfortable position in her chair, “Well, you gotta make sure that you sleep with a support on your neck, not just your head. Also, take aspirin will you? Or something for your headache.”

 

“Got you doctor.”

 

“A literal kid, you are.”

 


The smell of the books fascinated Lisa. It wasn’t her first time here but the atmosphere still gets her. In fact, she could still remember the time she and Jennie had spent here. It was during that time they both had indirect confessions of their feelings. She smiles, remembering the book Jennie had passed her. If she wasn’t that scared, she would’ve kissed Jennie right then and there. But she knows it’s a bluff. Even if she wasn’t scared, she still wouldn’t kiss Jennie in a glance. She thinks about a person’s consent more than anything else.

 

What a day. She thinks to herself.

 

“Hey, anything I could help you with?” A middle-aged man says, pulling Lisa out of her thoughts.

 

Lisa gulps, taking a step closer to the counter that separates her from the older man that could pass off as her dad, “Good morning sir…” Lisa greets, nervous, but she continues, remembering why she was here, “I saw outside that you’re looking for a part-timer?”

 

“Ahh that…” The man says, looking out at the door where the flyer was posted then smiling back at Lisa before speaking. “I rarely get applicants for that position. I run the place by myself. It’s hard getting someone to work at an old bookstore that pays a small amount. I’m Doseo by the way.” The man extends her hand towards Lisa, asking for a shake, which the latter returned with a smile.

 

“That literally means book in english,” Lisa says, earning a chuckle from the older man.

 

“A smart one, I see.”

 

“I try. I’m Lisa.”

 

“A sweet name for such a sweet-looking lady. Do you have an I.D with you?”

 

Lisa swiftly takes out her lightly faded school I.D. from her bag. Her face could still be recognized but she knows she has to get a new one.

 

The owner checks the card, he smiles a little upon finding out that Lisa is a college student. He returns the card with a smile.

 

“A college student,” he says. “Are you sure you can balance both your studies and doing a part-time here?”

 

“It’s a bookstore that has a mini-library upstairs, I don’t see how that would affect my studies, plus I really gotta earn extra money” Lisa jokes, earning a yet again another chuckle from the owner.

 

“I sense that you’re smart. I can’t say no to rare applicants, let alone a college student who preferred to have a part-time job here, do you have your class schedule?”

 

Lisa, again, swiftly takes out her neatly-printed class schedule from her bag.

 

“Prepared,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter