See You Soon

Heights and Sunsets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Short Story Title: See You Soon

Chapter Title: I'll See You Soon

 

So, since BLACKPINK had already made their comeback, this story should probably make its comeback too? But I can't promise a frequent update like before, but I won't let this continuation hang. This one's a short update so I'll see you guys soon on the next chap.

 

Lisa barges into her room, closing the door with a bit of a thud, as if she was a child having tantrums. She throws her light body onto her bed, burying her face against her pillow as her feet dangle on the edge of her bed. She misses her. Already. It’s not even a day passed but here she is, missing Jennie’s presence as if a year had already passed. She turns around, facing the ceiling, drawing circles in the air with her index finger. She pouts, realizing it’s not helping her at all. The feeling of longing for Jennie beside her grows. She stays on her bed, arms spread on both sides and she closes her eyes slowly. She plays the last moment of them bidding goodbye to each other with tears on their eyes. It’s going to be another couple of years before they could hug each other again. Without knowing it, a tear rolls on the side of Lisa’s right eye. It's too early for her to be this emotional, but she doesn't care. She would cry a river for Jennie. She groans, feeling the sadness creeping in her veins, tugging onto her heart; making her whole body ache.

 

It’s foolish of her to still wish for Jennie to come back and stay in Seoul, but Lisa couldn’t help it. She’d wish for it every day. Every day, until they’re breathing the same air and sharing the same time zone again. Until they’re no longer thousands of kilometers apart. But until then, she’ll have to make the best out of every phone calls, text messages, and video calls they’re soon going to share.

 

Her phone beeps and Lisa, like how it used to be, took a good few minutes before checking the message. Asking herself if it's even worth checking. If opening her phone is even worth it. But she's not Jisoo, who would let someone's message rot before she replies. When she finally got the courage to open it, Jisoo’s almost-demanding-text greets her. She almost regret thinking about Jisoo being too lazy to reply right away, but she won't take it back.
 

From: Jichu

Wanna hang out later? Me and Chaeng are going to have movie night. Thinking you might wanna join?


 

To: Jichu

Yeah sure. I’ll be there in an hour.


 

Lisa sighs for nth time as she puts herself back to her previous position. She smiles a bit, trying not to think too much about the distance and the time difference. And somehow it made her feel better.


“Aish, why does it have to be New Zealand. Why can’t it be somewhere near like Busan.” Lisa whines, kicking and punching the air like a kid.

 

 

“You think she can handle it well?” Jisoo asks, as she slams her small body down the couch.

 

Unbothered by the movement of the couch, Chaeyoung’s focus remains on her phone but never failing to give a short reply, she says, “Lisa is Lisa, she can handle anything well.”

 

There was a slight confidence with her claim. She knows Lisa would be able to handle things accordingly, though the latter might, at some point, fail to do so. Considering some situations that happened in the past. She knows it wouldn’t be that much of a mess. At least thats what she hopes for.

 

What could go wrong anyway?

 

She knows it’s a lot. And if the worst thing happens, everything and everyone’s going to be affected somehow.


Chaeyoung continues to aimlessly scroll down on her phone, sighing softly, dismissing all the thoughts of things going wrong. And Jisoo notices it. How Chaeyoung’s eyebrows furrowed. Her soft sigh that either means she exhaled softly or she’s thinking of things she’s not even supposed to worry about.

 

She smiles to herself. And while everyone in the world is busy with their own lives, she’s here, admiring the side profile of the girl she had known all her life. And if she could draw or paint like an artist, she would draw Chaeyoung with her eyes closed. She wonders what's taking her so long. How Lisa managed to tell Jennie within just a few weeks that she has feelings for her.

 

“Hey Chaeng...” Jisoo softly calls out, receiving yet another soft hum from Chaeyoung, “Have you ever thought of...”

 

And as Jisoo was just about to ask her dearest friend if the thought of dating had ever crossed her mind, her brain went blank. Like it was a spare space in a house that no one knows what to do with. She just went blank and soon the latter turns to her, asking her to go on. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter