MEANIE 12

SEVENTEEN Drabble Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Celebrating birthday has never been Wonwoo's thing. His mother would cook him some seaweed soup back at home but he also isn't so fond of it, maybe the cake is a better part, also the presents, but beside those things, birthdays aren't that special for Wonwoo.

Wonwoo has never seen anyone so into celebration as Mingyu. Mingyu will always love to celebrate every little thing. "Hyung, you're just done with your big test, let's celebrate."
"Congratulations, you just spring clean your dorm, it's time to celebrate."
"We should really celebrate this, your first ever mint colored hair."
"Wow! I can't believe you actually bake me cookies! We have to celebrate!"

When 17th July comes, Wonwoo doesn't expect too much, just maybe waking up to his boyfriend's morning kiss, proceeding with his day, Tuesday is usually a slow day for him and then having a nice dinner with the said boyfriend. His friends, courtesy to Soonyoung, have booked Wonwoo for the day after to a birthday party that they have every year.

Wonwoo is pretty sure that he wakes up by himself, no alarm, no call, no kiss, and most importantly no his boyfriend. Where is Mingyu?? It's officially July 17th, his birthday. Mingyu also fell asleep before midnight last night. It will be a big fat lie to say that Wonwoo is not disappointed. He lays in his bed before finally dragging his feet to take shower. He tries not to think about it when he finds no text nor call from Mingyu on his phone.

His day goes well so far. His mom has called earlier, wishing he was home to celebrate with them, his father also wishes him a happy birthday, his brother tells him to buy him something instead, that brat. Also, some people actually stop to wish him a happy birthday. Where is Mingyu?? Wonwoo hasn't meant to pout, but the resting face he has is more prominent today. His pout ends up being his boyfriend for today, on his freaking birthday that he doesn't want to care about. Mingyu doesn't even show up for their lunch. They always have lunch together, most of the time. The others also don't seem to notice Mingyu's disappearance. They wish him happy birthday, some weird wishes, remind him of their party tomorrow and they mention Mingyu as if Mingyu is there with them. Has Mingyu gone invisible?? Wonwoo is officially sulking by the end of lunch time when his friends go on seperate ways, of course he has the last class by himself.

It is really a struggle to go through the day. Wonwoo stops by the convenient store to get some chips, might as well speend the rest of the day watching dramas. That's the best way to spend your birthday, right?? Wonwoo thinks bitterly. He doesn't mean to glare at the cashier boy, Chan, isn't it?? But he just isn't in the mood for anything. Not when Ming- Okay, also not in the mood to think about the jerk boyfriend. It'll be too harsh to call Mingyu a jerk, he has always been a sweet boyfriend to Wonwoo, has always been there. See?? That's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter