-IX-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you mean? I have no business with you. We have nothing to talk about.” Taejin yelled, holding a hand against his ribs.

“Indeed, you have no business with us but someone has offered us business that concerns you. It’s an offer we cannot refuse.” Yerin said in a cynical tone. Eunbi was sure she would have given up and begged the girl to just kill her already if she was the target.

“Who’s the bastard?” He growled and Eunbi socked him in the chest, causing him to cough violently.

“Our clients prefer to remain anonymous. But if you use that thick head of yours to think a little about who you might have offended, maybe you’ll get your answer.”

“How the hell would I know?” He yelled, exasperated.

“You might want to tone down the attitude there.” Eunbi piped in, pushing her blazer aside to reveal her gun. Fear flashed in his eyes and he seemed to be a little tamer.

“I don’t know who you are or what you want but I have never offended anyone.” He said, defending himself.

“Really?”

“Of course! We’re businessmen! If deals don’t go as planned, it’s all because we’re trying to survive in this cruel world!” He cried. “It’s all about survival in politics. Someone else will have to go for me to live on and if that’s what it takes, I will do it!”

Eunbi swiftly reached out to shove him into his seat, pushing her left forearm against his throat.

“Quit yelling! It’s hurting our ears! We’re in the same car for god’s sake, not in the next building!” She growled, choking him till he nodded.

“Well, maybe you should have made some changes in your work ethics before it was too late. Now, would you like to leave a message before you go?” Yerin asked as she stopped at a red light. It was funny how the outside world had no idea of the horrors that were about to happen in this plain looking sedan.

“Before I go? Before I go where?” He asked, panic rising within him.

“To the afterlife of course. Or if you believe you’re lucky enough to be reincarnated.” Eunbi said as she drew her gun, cocking it. The sound echoed around the car and he cowered from the girl in front of him.

“Well?” Eunbi asked. “Time is ticking.”

“You won’t get away with this! I’ll make sure that you and whoever you’re working for wil-“ He stopped mid-sentence, slumped against the door as blood gushed from his temple. Eunbi had shot him.

“A dead man can’t talk,” Eunbi said as she flipped the safety back on.

“More ruthless than I thought,” Yerin said, glancing in the rear-view mirror.

“I learn from only the best.” Eunbi smiled, sliding the gun back into its holster.

“Target eliminated. ETA 5 minutes.” Yerin said as the light turned green.

 

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

 

“Water,” Eunha said as soon as she saw Sojung. The latter quickly grabbed the bottle of water from her car and opened the lid before handing it to the short-haired girl who gulped half the bottle down.

“Thanks. You’re a lifesaver.” She panted as she handed the bottle back to Sojung who screwed the cap back on and patted the girl’s back.

“They should be here soon. Get ready.” Yuna said.

“Eunha-unnie, let’s go,” Yewon said, holding a bottle of water in hand.

“See you.” Eunha winked at Sojung, causing the girl to turn red and look away.

“Too obvious, Kim Sojung. Too obvious.” Yuna sniggered.

“Yah yah, Kim Sojung? I’m your unnie you punk!” The girl huffed and pulled Yuna in for a headlock, earning muffled squeals.

Yewon and Eunha stood by a kerb where they could overlook the entire carpark.

“Yerin-unnie is here,” Yewon announced as she saw the silver sedan enter the car park. Sojung and Yuna opened the door and pulled the unconscious chauffeur out, supporting him on either side.

Yerin parked the car in the VIP lot and got out. Eunbi however, almost jumped out of the car.

“What’s the matter with you?” Yerin asked when the girl slammed the car door.

“His blood almost got onto my suit when you made that right turn,” Eunbi said with a disgusted face.

“Here.” Yewon handed Yerin a feather duster. The latter took it and dusted the seats down, removing any strands of hair or fine particles before Sojung and Yuna placed the chauffeur back in his seat.

“Right. Time to go.” Sojung said when she shut the door. They split up, got into their vehicles and left the crime scene.

 

 

“Three cheers to a job well done!” Yuna yipped and they clinked their glasses together. They were back at the penthouse enjoying a feast after completing their contract.

“Smooth as usual. Honestly, I thought something would go wrong since we took you guys but hey, it was great! 11/10 would recommend joining again!” Sojung slurred and everyone laughed. They had already run through several cans of beer and bottles of soju so everyone was either tipsy or drunk.

“You guys really worked hard this time. And you guys learnt a lot too I assume. It was a fun experience.” Yuna smiled at Eunbi and Eunha.

“We should thank you all for being patient with us. Couldn’t have done it if you hadn’t coached us.” Eunha beamed.

“Give yourselves some credit too.” Yewon emptied her glass. They talked for a little more before one by one, returning to their own rooms to call it a night.

“Eunbi?” Yerin peeked her head into the kitchen. The mentioned girl had volunteered to help Yuna with the dishes.

“Yes?”

“Balcony, please,” Yerin said before walking off.

“Huh?” Eunbi blinked, confused at what Yerin meant. The exhaustion and alcohol weren’t boding well with her brain and she was close to shutting down as well.

“She wants to meet you on the balcony,” Yuna said, helping the tired girl out.

“Oh! Oh, right. I’ll just uh... Leave this here then. Good night unnie, rest well.” Eunbi said as she placed the dish she was drying down on the rack before leaving the kitchen. Yerin was already on the balcony, facing the skyline with her eyes closed.

“Yerin-unnie?” Eunbi asked softly. The sound of traffic in the distance was calming. It made Eunbi, who can’t sleep if there was even the slightest bit of noise, feel sleepy.

“Are you sleepy?” Yerin asked just as softly. Eunbi noticed through her tipsy and fatigued mind that Yerin was using a different tone on her. It wasn’t like how she would speak to Eunbi when she was nursing her back to health after the mafia’s raid. It wasn’t like how she would speak to Eunbi on a regular basis either.

There was emotion.

Eunbi could feel the girl’s emotions in her words now and Yerin finally sounded like a normal human being. She loved how Yerin sounded right now but she didn’t know if it was only because of the alcohol in her system. Yerin sounded so gentle. So warm.

“Are you?” Yerin prompted when she received a blank stare from Eunbi.

“A little but it’s alright. Do you want to talk?” The girl responded as she stood beside Yerin.

“I wanted to ask you about your decision. To leave or stay. But you look completely worn out so I’m going to ask you to get some rest. We can talk in the morning when you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter