-VIII-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost a week since they received the contract before Sojung called for the execution. Eunbi was abruptly shaken out of bed by Yuna that day.

“Hey girl, briefing time!” She said as she tried to drag a very disoriented Eunbi out of the bed.

“Huh? Why? W-what’s going on?” Eunbi asked as she rubbed her eyes, letting Yuna drag her out of the room and down the stairs with her eyes half closed.

“We’re striking today and Yerin called for a briefing right now,” Yuna explained as she led the girl to the study.

They arrived to see everyone but Yewon and Eunha gathered around a table with a huge map spread out across the mahogany top.

“Sorry to disturb your beauty sleep but we only have a couple of hours to get the job done by today,” Sojung said when she saw Eunbi trying to rub the sleep out of her eyes.

“What happened?”

“2 things. 1, we usually finish contracts within a week and 5 working days are almost over. 2, we have intercepted an email that stated the CEO would be having a meeting outside of his own company headquarters today so this will be our chance to strike.” Sojung said and looked at Yerin who nodded.

“He will be at UBC for a meeting at 3:30 pm,” Yerin said and placed a thumbtack over the location that she had mentioned. “Current time is 1:47 pm. I have sent Yewon and Eunha down to keep a visual check on the CEO. Sojung and Yuna will be leaving within the next half hour or so to join the others. You will follow me. The plan, remove his secretary and chauffeur before they depart the building.”

“Kill them?” Eunbi asked.

“No, they are our cover. Drug them. Sojung and Yuna will collect bodies while we pose as the secretary and chauffeur. En route, we’ll pop him. Then, meet with them to carry the unconscious bodies into his car and remove all evidence of our presence before leaving in our getaway vehicle.” Yerin explained and Eunbi nodded slowly. “Did you get me?”

“Yes, ma’am.” The girl gave a lopsided grin and a salute.

“Meet me in the storage room when you’re freshened up,” Yerin said and the briefing was adjourned. Eunbi peeled herself off the leather swivel chair and dragged herself to the washroom. When she finally got to the storage room, she saw that Yerin was already dressed in a full suit instead of the smart casual outfit from the other day. She had a black tie hanging loosely around her neck as she looked at something on her phone. Now that’s hot.

“Unnie?” Eunbi asked and the girl looked up. She pocketed her phone and tilted her head, signalling the girl to follow. Yerin walked to the back of the divider and Eunbi’s eyes bulged.

The divider was an innocent façade to the wall of guns that were displayed behind it. From pistols to SMGs to sniper rifles of all shapes and sizes. You name it, they probably have it. There was a lone rack in the centre of the room that held throwing knives and other weapons. Even a double=edged sword.

“Do you own an arms shop?” Eunbi asked in amazement as she looked around.

“It’s called being professional,” Yerin said as she looked through the firearms. “Clean or messy?”

“Eh?”

“Do you want it bloody or not?” Yerin asked.

“Taejin?” Eunbi asked.

“What else? Do I sound like I’m talking about steak?” Yerin raised an eyebrow and Eunbi laughed.

“I don’t know. But uh… Why me? I mean, you’re the boss here.”

“You’re the disciple here.”

“Oh alright. Make it bloody.” Eunbi said and Yerin grabbed a .44 magnum Desert Eagle off the wall along with a suppressor. “Do you know how to handle this?” the blonde asked as she handed the gun to Eunbi.

“I guess?” the girl said as she examined the gun.

“Magazine is in, just release the safety and it to fire. As for this, just slide it in and make sure it doesn’t move around.” Yerin said, stepping closer to Eunbi to explain. “Always keep your trigger finger off the trigger if you don’t plan to use it, in case things go wrong and accidents happen.” She said, moving the girl’s finger to the right spot.

“Got it. Anything else I should know?” Eunbi asked, looking at her slightly distorted reflection in the barrel.

“Don’t get too trigger happy. We’re contract killers, not serial killers.” Yerin said and she handed Eunbi a holster. She then took a set of throwing knives. “Just in case it’s not bloody enough for you.”

“Aish. I’m going to get changed.” Eunbi said and left. They met again at the front door.

“Where is it?” Yerin asked and Eunbi lifted her blazer slightly to reveal the holster that was strapped to her torso. “Nice.” She said and turned to open the door when Eunbi stopped her.

“Wait.” Eunbi pulled Yerin’s sleeve and the girl turned around to see what’s wrong. Eunbi grabbed Yerin’s tie which was still hanging loosely around her neck and pulled it tight so that the knot was now snug between the girl’s collars. “You forgot?” the younger girl asked shyly after feeling Yerin’s gaze burning into her head. They were now standing so close that Eunbi could feel Yerin’s breath on her face.

“I was going to fix it in the car, but thanks.” Yerin smiled and Eunbi’s heart sped up. She had no idea where the sudden burst of courage came from and she didn’t know why she decided to fix Yerin’s tie either. Though they were already in the elevator, Eunbi felt like her soul was still at the entrance of the house. The elevator reached

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter