-V-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi didn’t know if she regretted calling shotgun. It was almost like a reflex for her to run for the front seat the moment they got near the car.

The bank was on the other side of the business district. It would have been a short drive it wasn’t for the heavy traffic and red lights at almost every junction. Eunbi had found something to keep herself distracted. She had caught sight of Yerin, who was resting her head against her fist with her elbow propped up against the window frame. For some reason, Eunbi found the sight very attractive.

The girl’s right hand was resting limply on the bottom of the steering wheel and Eunbi could see the slight veins on her hands. Extremely attractive. Her gaze travelled up to Yerin’s face subtly. The girl’s bangs were swept to the side and some of her hair parted to reveal her pale neck and jawline. Eunbi gulped as she continued to stare from the corner of her eye. Since when was Yerin this attractive? How could Yerin be this attractive even after berating her the other day?

Eunbi was particularly captivated by Yerin’s eyes that seemed to sparkle. Her soft eyebrows complemented her eyes and that was when the girl realized that Yerin actually had a kind look by nature and it made her even more curious as to how that same pair of innocent eyes could look deadly. The girl’s lips had a light pink tint to them. They parted to let a sigh escape and Eunbi realized that they had hit another red light.

“We should have just walked,” Yuna said from the back and yawned.

“I wouldn’t,” Yewon replied.

“My face must be very interesting,” Yerin said, loud enough for only Eunbi to hear. The girl’s cheek instantly flushed and the car suddenly felt very hot. She looked away and out of the window, banging her head against the glass. Unbeknownst to her, Yerin smiled at the sight.

God, Eunbi. Why are you so stupid? Ugh!, the girl groaned to herself in embarrassment.

They reached the bank and Yerin took out the same case that Eunbi saw her hold back at the house. The former took out one and handed the case back to the girls in the back.

 

Back home, Eunha and Sojung were on the couch with a laptop balanced on the armrest. They didn’t have to tag along since they had all the files they needed on hand. They just had to mark the spots on the floor plan according to what the rest of the team sees at the site.

“Special computer?” Eunha asked as she leaned over to get a closer look.

“Yep. Purely business. Just going to take notes here; if any.” Sojung said as she typed in a password. “I can teach you what to do if you’re on standby.”

“Hey hey, no flirting you two.” Yewon’s teasing voice could be heard through Sojung’s earpiece. The girl covered and Eunha looked curiously at her.

“Oh, shut up. I’m just offering and being friendly.” Sojung hissed.

“Don’t be too friendly.” Yuna chimed in and Sojung rolled her eyes.

“What did they say?” Eunha asked since she didn’t have the device.

“Nope. Nope, nothing.” Sojung said quickly and patted the girl’s shoulder. “Are you guys in yet?”

 

“We’re at the teller,” Yewon said and looked around. There were already three security guards walking around the main lobby of the bank.

Large was an understatement. The main lobby itself was huge and grand. It had a high ceiling and an extended balcony area directly above the front counter. The bank logo was mounted on the wall above the balcony along with the national flag draped over the marble walls on either side. There was a pathway under the two huge flags.

“Split up,” Yerin said and directed Yuju and Yewon to the right. “Report what you see.”

They left and walked confidently towards the offices. The guards didn’t seem to pay them any heed, probably assuming that they had an appointment with one of the staff. Yerin and Eunbi walked to the right.

“2 guards patrolling on the west wing. There’s a metal shutter that’s surrounded by barriers and a metal detector. There’s also a staircase that leads up to the second floor. Other than that, it’s all office cubicles. Cameras cover only the shutters.” Yuna reported.

“There’s a staircase here as well but no other entrance or exit. Only a pantry and some cubicles by the corner. That metal shutter has to be the entrance to some vault.” Yerin’s eyes darted around as she pinpointed the cameras. “2 cameras on either side of the east on ground. Do you have access to the second floor?”

“There’s a guard looking at us but I’m not sure. We could try.” Yewon said. There was silence as Yewon and Yuna attempted to go up the stairs. Yerin and Eunbi also went up the stairs on their side. Halfway up, they saw 2 guards talking outside what seems to be a security room. The blonde motioned for Eunbi to follow her as she continued on. There was a meeting room right by the stairs and she could see someone giving a presentation.

They walked past the door and down the corridor.

“More cameras but ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter