-XI-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi and Eunha had enrolled themselves in an online course with their first pay check. It allowed them the flexibility of time and they didn’t have to leave the house. It had been a week since they settled in. Contracts rolled in as usual and they were trained to pay more attention to detail, such as shooting a sniper rifle in between heartbeats to increase the accuracy and fatality of their shot. Of course, they weren’t masters of that yet but as with everything, practice makes perfect.

Today, Yerin was out of the house she didn’t tell anyone where she went but they assumed she was just out to relax.

“I wonder where she could have gone to.” Sojung said as she rested her chin on her hand for support as she watched Eunha prepare lunch for everyone.

“Where does she usually go? I feel like she’s the kind to just go on spontaneous drives to unwind.” Eunha said as she slid the sunny side up off the pan and onto the kimchi fried rice. “Sprinkle the garnish for me yea?” She smiled at Sojung before going to crack another egg.

“She is indeed the kind to that yea. But hmm... maybe she’s out for something else too.”

“Like?”

“Oh, uhh... it might not be my secret to tell.” Sojung gave a nervous grin but the shorter girl didn’t seem to mind.

“It’s alright then. As long as she’s safe, right?”

“Yea, I guess so.”

 

 

“Pleasure working with you.” Yerin put on her business smile as she stood up to shake hands with an older man.

“Pleasure is mine.” He said before taking his leave. Yerin glanced down at the manila envelope in her hands and tightened her hold.

She walked out of the cafe and got into her Bentley. Taking her shades out from the small compartment and slipped them on, placing the envelope on the passenger seat beside her. The V12 rumbled to life, filling the interior with a charming, low hum. She released the parking brakes and drove to her next destination: the Porsche showroom.

Yerin got out of her car and shut the door, running a hand down the front of her shirt to smoothen the creases before walking through the entrance. She was immediately greeted by a sales assistant.

“Good afternoon, miss. How may I help you today?” The female assistant asked.

“I’m interested in... a sports car. Preferably a 2-door.” Yerin said, removing her shades and hung them on the first button of her dress shirt.

“Right this way.” The sales assistant smiled and led the blonde to the second floor. “Do you have a specific model in mind?”

“Do you happen to have the exclusive Turbo S?” Yerin asked.

“Yes, we do. Do you need it by today?” The girl asked and Yerin tapped her fingers on the wheel, looking around the interior of the vehicle.

“Either today or tomorrow is fine at any time. I’ll take that then.” Yerin said, getting out.

“Sure, right this way.”

They walked to what Yerin assumed to be the sales assistant’s desk and they sat down. The payment went smoothly and Yerin was out of the door in half an hour.

“Thank you, we’ll have it delivered by tomorrow. The keys will be left in the car and we’ll let you know when it’s there.” The girl smiled and Yerin bowed before leaving. Her next stop was just down the road.

 

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

 

“Yerin’s out?” Yewon asked as she sat down at the dining table.

“Yea, don’t know where though,” Eunha said.

“When will she be home?” Eunbi asked, looking at Yuna who was staring at her bowl. “Yuna-unnie?”

“Yes?” the girl looked up, snapping out of her daze.

“Are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine. Why?”

“You were staring at the bowl for the past 3 minutes without moving,” Eunbi said, raising an eyebrow.

“Don’t worry, she spaces out sometimes,” Yewon said and rubbed Yuna’s arm.

“Do we have plans today?” Sojung asked.

“I have a contract later. Not sure about you guys though.” Yuna said and picked her spoon up.

“I’ll probably head down to the grocery store later,” Sojung said.

“I’ll go with you.” Eunha beamed and the leader nodded,

“Guess we’ll be home alone then. Studying…” Yewon said in a mock sad tone whilst looking at Eunbi who chuckled.

“I guess so.” The girl said. She glanced at Yerin’s empty chair before digging in.

 

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

 

“Yerin!” Eunbi jumped up from the couch when she heard the blonde enter the house.

“Hello there.” Yerin smiled as she kicked her shoes off.

“Have you had lunch?” Eunbi asked. Yerin took her shades from her shirt and folded them, an a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter