-XVI-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
-Concurrent with Yerin and Eunbi’s date-

“Where shall we go to today?” Sojung asked as they got into Eunha’s car. Sojung had to push her seat back before getting in awkwardly to give herself more legroom and that made Eunha, who slipped into the driver’s seat with ease, laugh at the sight.

“Let’s go have lunch first. How about that?” Eunha suggested and the taller girl nodded.

“Good idea. I’m hungry.”

“Oo Sojungie is hungry~” Eunha cooed as if she was talking to a baby and leaned closer to the girl to pinch her cheeks. Sojung smiled for a moment but quickly swatted Eunha’s hands away and pinched the other girl’s cheeks in return.

“Says the real baby here eh?” Sojung teased, making Eunha puff her cheeks and pout. “What a cute baby~ Let’s go~” she sang and shifted the gearstick to D.

They decided to head to COEX for lunch and maybe shop around a little.

“I know a nice Italian restaurant at Asem plaza. The filet mignon is great. If you don’t feel like having steak, they also have some pretty good lobster chowder.” Sojung said as she took Eunha’s hand. She always found the girl’s hands cute because of how small they were compared to her big ones.

“Lead the way, miss giraffe.” Eunha sniggered and the taller girl poked her sides, making her hop away in laughter. They arrived at the restaurant and got a seat by the window.

“Any recommendations?” Eunha asked her date who was looking through the menu.

“For starters… Maybe the cauliflower soup. For the entrée, maybe the salmon cakes. We could share the dishes too.” Sojung said and Eunha nodded along. The former raised her hand for the waiter to place their orders.

“Any drinks?” He asked.

“Could we have a glass of Merlot and a glass of…” Sojung trailed off as she looked at the list of wines. “Rosé?”

“Sure. Water as well?”

“That would be nice, yes. Thank you.” She said and smiled, handing the menus back to him.

“How classy of you. Wine to go with our food.” Eunha teased and Sojung gave an exaggerated proud expression.

“Since we’re at an Italian restaurant, might as well be as classy as we can. You like wine?” Sojung asked and Eunha scoffed.

“I’m okay with it though I do prefer Muscats over the others. Eunbi and I used to go wine tasting at the restaurant so that we could recommend what’s good to the customers.”

“Are you sure you didn’t just use that as an excuse to get drunk during work?” Sojung wiggled her eyebrow and Eunha kicked the girl’s shin under the table.

“Our alcohol tolerance isn’t that bad and hey! We were hard workers!” Eunha huffed indignantly and Sojung chuckled, reaching across the table to Eunha’s hair.

“You’re just really cute when you get annoyed like this.” Sojung smiled. “Maybe that’s why everyone likes to tease you.”

“That’s what Eunbi said too.” Eunha whined, making Sojung’s smile grow even wider.

Their food arrived along with the glasses of wine and they clinked them together before taking a sip.

“This is some decent Rosé.” The younger girl said her placing the glass back on the table.

“It’ll be even nicer with your salmon. Come, let’s eat.” Sojung gestured at Eunha’s utensils.

They ate in silence, enjoying the food.

“What do you think Yerin and Eunbi are doing?” Eunha asked out of the blue.

“Hmm... They probably went for lunch too, but I can’t guess where they might’ve gone. But I do hope they come back as something else.” The taller girl winked.

“You want to make a bet on that?” Eunha proposed and Sojung her chin in contemplation.

“Sure. I’d say they would be a couple by the end of today.” She said with confidence.

“I say they’ll take a few more days.” Eunha said.

“What should we bet on?”

“Lunch?”

“Call.” Sojung grinned. “How’s classes?”

“They’re alright so far. I just feel lazy sometimes.” Eunha said and Sojung gave a knowing nod.

“It happens. I’ve been there too. Fighting!” She cheered, and the younger girl grinned.

Sojung paid for lunch despite Eunha’s protests but gave in to the girl’s request for buying dessert.

“What flavour do you want?” Eunha asked as they stood at a distance from the counter to decide.

“Why does everything look so good?” Sojung sighed as her eyes shifted around the menu board.

“We still have many more dates to try them all.” Eunha said in an enticing voice and Sojung pouted.

“Is ice cream going to be our new thing?”

“It could be.” Eunha grinned as she slipped her hand into her girlfriend’s.

“I think I’ll get the caramel chocolate crunch.” Sojung finally said. And Eunha pulled her towards the counter.

“Hello, could I get one caramel chocolate crunch and one mint chocolate chip?” Eunha said and the boy behind the counter smiled.

“No problem. Would you like that separate or together in a cone or cup?” He asked and Sojung narrowed her eyes. She stepped closer to Eunha, facing the girl’s side profile and leaned in.

“We’ll have them separately in... cones.” Eunha replied as she shot Sojung a quick glance, twitching an eyebrow to subtly ask the girl why she was suddenly standing so close.

“I could give you and your friend an extra scoop for free if you’d like.” The boy offered and Eunha beamed.

“Really?”

“Yeah. It’s on me.” He said and winked, causing Sojung’s stare to turn into a frown.

“Can we get a scoop of vanilla then?” Eunha said, seemingly oblivious.

“Sure, just wait a sec.” he said before moving to get their ice cream. Eunha looked up and Sojung and winked. It was then the ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter