-XII-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You got to be kidding me,” Eunha said, jaw slacked as she stared with wide eyes at the polished, white Porsche in front of her eyes. “I- This- How can I- What?” she babbled as she gestured to the car with flailing arms.

Yerin, Eunha and Eunbi were currently standing in the car park. The cars had arrived early this morning and Yerin had woke because of their text. She had come down before any of them woke to check on the cars to make sure they were fine.

“What do you mean what?” Yerin slipped her hands into her jean pockets with a slight smile. “It’s yours.”

Eunbi, who had been speechless the whole time stepped forward to glide her fingers over the hood of the black GranTurismo. She could see her own reflection on the hood.

“Why?” Eunbi asked, not taking her eyes off what was now her car. “Why buy this for us?”

“Why not? You’re part of the crew now. Take it as a welcome gift from us.

“It’s… It’s too much.” Eunbi shook her head, turning around to face Yerin whose smile faded to match the girl’s poker face.

“It’s not. Considering that this will let you guys travel around more conveniently, it’s pretty worth. Especially you. You’ve bought your parents a new house in your hometown. You could drive there as and when you want to pay them a visit.” Yerin reasoned. She knew Eunbi wasn’t upset even though her expression seemed stern. Eunha was silently watching the interaction, not wanting to interfere. Honestly, this was extravagant. Too extravagant. But to put this car against their bank account, it was probably the same as how they used to pay their rent. Just a fraction of their wealth.

“She’s right,” Eunha said and placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder.

Eunbi suddenly stepped forward towards Yerin with raised arms and Eunha thought her friend was about to hit the blonde but instead, Eunbi wrapped her arms around Yerin. A move that even Eunbi didn’t think she had the courage to do. But she did it anyway. The blonde was shocked for a second but took a hand out from her pockets to place it on Eunbi’s back, gently patting the girl.

“You got bolder, huh?” Yerin whispered in the girl’s ear that instantly turned red.

“Thank you. Really.” Eunbi said as she pulled away with a flushed face.

“Don’t worry about it.” Yerin smiled and ruffled Eunbi’s hair.

 

 

“Drug lord, Carlos Veber. Russian mobster operating in Korea. Rivalled by our client, Justin Kosec. Our client’s assets are on standby. After we remove Carlos from the picture, they will infiltrate the house, identifiable by a reflective band on their left arm. Prepare for extraction once you have visual confirmation that the target is deceased.” Yerin said into her headset and tugged the left sleeve of her blazer up to reveal a black diver’s watch. “Whenever you’re ready. Read the scene, relax and don’t be hasty. Patience will open the window to more options.”

“Got it,” Eunbi said as she steadied her breathing. She was sprawled out on the ground, laying on her stomach with a Dragunov SVD in front of her. She was looking through the scope, observing her main target. The drug lord was smoking a blunt while talking to a few other men.

The sniper concentrated on her heartbeat, noting each contraction and relaxation. She held her breath and squeezed the trigger in the interval of each beat. The bullet whizzed through the cool and still air of the autumn night. Eunbi watched as it hit Carlos right in the head. Blood splattered when the bullet lodged itself in his skull and the men he was previously talking to ducked, clearly shocked at what they had witnessed.

“First shot registered, target is down,” Yerin said and Eunbi looked up from the scope. She could hear Yerin conversing in English to what must be Justin or his men and Eunbi could hear shouts and yells as the rival gang stormed the house.

“Mission is a success. Extraction in 10.” Yerin said and Eunbi could feel the girl smile on the other side. “Nice work.”

In exactly 10 seconds, the black Supersports pulled up on the small road behind Eunbi. The girl had just finished dismantling the sniper rifle and latched it just as the door opened. Eunha was in the driver’s seat and Yerin was in the back, gesturing for her to get in.

Eunbi quickly hopped in and the short haired girl stepped on the gas as the door shut.

“Not bad, you’re improving,” Yerin said. Eunbi removed her in-ear monitor and grinned at the now black-haired girl.

“I have a great mentor after all.” Eunbi smiled and patted the black case on her lap.

“Awww, how cute!” Eunha squealed as she glanced in the rear-view mirror. Yerin slapped the seat and Eunha laughed.

“You and Sojung are the real lovebirds here, not us.” Yerin scoffed and Eunha raised a hand in surrender. Somehow, Eunbi felt a slight tug in her heart when she heard Yerin’s words but she brushed it aside.

“That, I will acknowledge. She’s really cute and all but... we’re not quite there yet.” Eunha said and Yerin pinched her nose bridge.

“Spare me the cheesiness, jjanyangi.” Yerin sig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter