HARD!

SPARE NO EVIL!!!

Baekhyun’s dual life seems to be in a balance at the moment. In the morning he is ‘Baekhyun’ the social butterfly, mischievous beagle that everyone loves and adores. And at night he is ‘Baekhee’ the gorgeous sassy diva who’s got the heart of every guy in the block but who only has eyes for Zhang Yixing.

 

“Oppa, if I do good in the upcoming competition will you give me a kiss?”

 

“And why would I do that?”

 

Yixing hyung looked genuinely confused and Baekhyun was sure it had nothing to do with acting hard to get.

 

“Because I want to kiss you.”

 

“Baekhee-shi enough with the playing around and focus on your practice.”

 

“No oppa. I'm not playing around! If I do good in the competition you better kiss me and take me to a date. Anywhere is fine as long as I’m with you.”

 

“Baekhee-shi on with your practice!”

 

“Ne! Jagiya!”

 

The flustered and confused look on Yixing hyung never gets old. Baekhyun loves it. Baekhyun loves the fact that now at least he gets other expressions out of Yixing hyung apart from confusion. In Fact he relishes in it. He could still remember the days when out right flirting with Yixing hyung didn't even yield him any reactions other than blank looks. It had started to frustrate Baekhyun so much that he even resorted to cheesy pickup lines.

 

He remembers a particular event that makes him cringe just from remembering.

 

It was a  particularly nice day for going around with friends and have fun. But Baekhyun had the craziest desire to talk with Yixing hyung freely without the added pressure of the knowing eyes of other students in the dance studio. It was funny how he wanted to go see Yixing hyung rather than have a shopping trip with Sehun. But he does and Byun Baekhyun always does what his heart wants.

But the problem was who should go visit hyung? Baekhyun or Baekhee? He could meet hyung as Baekhyun but he definitely hated the formal way Yixing hyung interacted with Baekhyun. But Yixing hyung was more free with Baekhee. At least more freer than how he was with Baekhyun. So he had run to his apartment after class, got ready as Baekhee and went to the cafe Yixing hyung worked in.

 

Entering the cafe Baekhee went straight to the counter where she knows Yixing hyung will be working. Seeing him diligently cleaning the counter put a dopey smile on her face and she couldn't hide the excitement from her voice.

 

“Oppa!”

“Oh Baekhee-shi. Good afternoon. What would you like to have?”

“You”

“Eh… ……?”

“I mean whatever you recommend.”

“Ok then. Please take a seat while I make you something that I think you will like.”

 

Taking a seat near the counter Baekhyun kept admiring his hyung sneakily. From his meticulous hand to his concentrated look. Baekhyun felt star struck. Baekhyun just can't seem to help it. Yixing hyung is just so perfect. Even his miniscule movements can make Baekhyun spellbound. Baekhyun begrudgingly admitted to himself that yes he is a fanboy.

His musings came to an abrupt halt when a tall, lanky employee stumbled upon suddenly and blocked the glorious view of Yixing hyung at work. It made Baekhyun severely annoyed. Watching the employee whispering so intimately to Yixing hyung and hyung flashing a silly dimple at that giant of an employee made Baekhyun utterly vexed. Seeing the dimple that should be directed at him and only him, be directed to someone else made Baekhyun feel like storming up to the counter and bash the giants head in. How dare the oaf take away his hyung’s attention that is rightfully only Baekhyun's. After all Baekhyun is the number 1 fan of Zhang Yixing, even Sehunnie can't compare.

 

So when Yixing hyung came back with his refreshments Baekhyun couldn’t help but feel the need to say anything that could make hyung happy, anything that will make hyung give all his attention to him and only him. Anything that will make the adorable dimple be directed at only Baekhyun. So he blurted out whatever came to his brain first,

 

“Roses are red,

violets are blue,

Those  dimples are only mine,

Just like you are mine too.”

 

WTF that didn't even rhyme. Baekhyun’s mind screamed. That was such low level poetry slash pick up line ever uttered in history. So darn embarrassing. And to top it all, it was utterly ridiculous that Baekhyun's’ caveman primitive brain would come up with something so utterly possessive. Baekhyun still remembers the blankest look on Yixing hyung’s face he had ever had the privilege to witness. And the guffaw that broke out from the other employee that echoed in the shop still haunts him at night.

 

The experience turned more cringe worthy when everyone in the shop stared at Baekhyun like he was a nutjob.

 

Later Baekhyun would find out that the tall, lanky, yoda like employee whose unnecessary clinging to Yixing hyung triggered the whole situation was named Chanyeol and he would turn out to be a great informant in Baekhyun’s endeavor of winning Yixing’s heart. That was the only plus side of that fiasco of a day.

 

Baekhyun would have been grateful if that was the only time he had made a fool out of himself in front of Yixing hyung. But sadly that wasn't the only time. There were countless times that Baekhyun plans were foiled and he got utterly rejected by Yixing hyung. And as if like salt to the wound, Yixing hyung wasn’t even aware that he was brutally rejecting Baekhee. AT ALL.

 

There was one incidence where Baekhyun found himself in a bit of a predicament. Yixing hyung had just finished his floor humping y dance routine that made Baekhyun particularly thirsty. He had even found himself declaring to Yixing hyung that he wouldn't mind being the floor in that particular moment. What Yixing hyung answered had made Baekhyun utterly speechless.

 

“Why would you want to be the floor Baekhee-shi? Floors are mostly dirty and people step on them. Why do you want people to step on you?”

 

Yes. Speechless was an understatement. What Baekhyun doesn't understand is how can someone be so dense?! Who in the world doesn't understand such innuendos!

The snickering that broke out from other students didn't make the situation much better also.

 

There are countless such encounters that Baekhyun doesn't care to recount. And he is able to forget about them too. But some events were too traumatizing to wipe off from the memory completely.

 

The most shameful rejection Baekhyun got from Yixing hyung however was something that Baekhyun doesn't want to remember. EVER. But it does sometimes pop up in his head time to time and make him feel like dying wouldn't be so bad afterall.

 

Yixing hyung was sitting around resting while all the students were practicing and keeping an eye on them for any help they needed.Baekhyun was trying to dance diligently while stalking (yes, finally he admits) Yixing hyung. Baekhyun would kill for it to be the other way round but sadly it isn't. Yixing hyung is such an eye candy, Baekhyun doesn't mind being the stalker really.

 

Practice ensued like normal but when someone put on some sultry music, Baekhyun got an idea. The music, the environment somehow made him more bold. Maybe he should have thought more before jumping the gun. Oh well but the rest is history.

 

Baekhee had sauntered up to Yixing and performed the iest she could come up with on Yixing’s lap. 3 minutes of twists and turns and grinds. Finishing it with putting her voluptuous on hyung’s private area was a risky move but Baekhyun was confident. But the reaction he got was something that crushed all his confidence.

 

“Umm… ...Baekhee-shi, pardon me but you are kinda heavy. Can you like move if you have finished demonstrating your dance routine?”

 

It had utterly crushed his self esteem. HOW DARE that dense bastard call me heavy? He couldn’t look anyone in the eye for a week after that incident. Baekhyun had thought about clobbering the daylights out of that dense and outright ignored him for weeks. But Baekhyun couldn't keep being mad at him when that same dense became all concerned about Baekhee’s sudden mood fall and tried his best to make her mood right. Go figure Yixing hyung had got no idea that he had indirectly called Baekhee fat and he was the one for Baekhee’s sour mood. But when he figured out, thanks to the help of other students of course, that he was the culprit he had apologized profusely. And even took Baekhee out to dinner with all you want to eat offer. Not only that he even gave a card and purple hyacinth as a gift. The card had read,

 

“Never diet. You are beautiful just the way you are.”

 

It made Baekhyun’s heart skip a beat. Hyung might be dense but he is such a flatterer.

 

Baekhyun wasn’t much of a flower enthusiast. But google always came in handy. So he found out what ‘Purple hyacinth’ symbolizes. Apparently it symbolizes ‘deep regret’. Sigh. How could anyone keep being mad at someone that can be so thoughtful. Eventually Baekhyun forgave Yixing hyung.

 

Jongdae did ask why Baekhyun kept going to the studio if he was so mad at Yixing hyung. Baekhyun had no answer to that. When it came to Yixing hyung Baekhyun rarely does. But Baekhyun isn’t in love with Yixing hyung. He definitely is not. Jongdae might be smoking weeds to come up with such delusional ideas. Baekhyun is just a fan. Ok, maybe he should say ‘super fan’ because ‘just a fan’ can not describe his feelings for Yixing hyung. So ‘super fan, or maybe it should be ‘supreme fan’. Yes. Yes. ‘Supreme fan’ shall suffice.

 

All those incidents and many many more. All for gaining the attention of a certain adorable Mr. Zhang. Baekhyun sometimes just can't believe his own patience. Maybe he is going to achieve Nirvana pretty soon. On second thoughts maybe not. Because Baekhyun doesn't think his dirty thoughts regarding Yixing hyung would let him achieve ‘Nirvana’. Sigh. The life of a ‘Supreme fan' is hard, literally HARD.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

It’s funny how nowadays Baekhyun can’t seem to wait for going to the studio and his days pass with anticipating it, craving it even. Uni is a torture place for him now. Always watching Yixing hyung from afar and just getting occasional polite smiles and hellos from him. Baekhyun hates it. What he hates more though is Sehun’s fanboying. Million times more than before. Before it used to be annoying, nerve grating annoying, but nonetheless bearable. But now Sehun’s fanboying seems to rub Baekhyun raw. Sehun has no right to claim to be Yixing hyung’s number one fan when the title is rightfully Baekhyuns’.  Just because Sehun was a fan before Baekhyun doesn't count as anything. Sadly Baekhyun can’t point them out to Sehun. Sehun just has to live as a delusional fan Baekhyun reckons, blissfully unaware of the truth.

 

Baekhyun is well aware that Sehun is getting suspicious of him and he probably knows that Baekhyun is hiding something. He guesses Sehun is just keeping quiet out of respect. It’s really contradictory of Sehun but the snobby brat sometimes displays some mature attributes that has Baekhyun’s head reeling from the duality. Baekhyun had never been more grateful for this attribute of his best friend ever before. Nonetheless Baekhyun is always wary. Jongdae’s knowing smile and conspiratorial winks doesn't help Baekhyun’s days much too. So when classes are done, rushing off to change for the Dance class is more liberating than it should have been. But what made Baekhyun rush to the Dance studio so early had Baekhyun thinking a lot. The answer was really simple. Yixing hyung. He guesses the determination of a fanboy to win all obstacles to see his idol is something that should never be taken lightly. “Supreme fan”. Baekhyun corrects himself.

 

Looking at Yixing hyung practice alone when no one's there is somewhat of his guilty pleasure. The first time Baekhyun had done that Yixing hyung had not so kindly told him to leave. Byun Baekhyun is nothing if not persistent. And now Yixing hyung is used to it. Used to Baekhyun’s eye devouring him while he practiced. Or he just totally zones Baekhyun out while practicing. Baekhyun guesses the second ones the case.

 

Baekhyun is always there ready with water and a towel to offer hyung after his practice ends. Today is no different. The music stops and Baekhyun comes back to reality.

 

“Hyung! You've worked hard. Here!”

 

Handing over the towel and water bottle Baekhyun stares at hyung’s sweat sleek muscles, stares at how his tee clings to his perfect body like a second skin.

 

“Thank You so much, Bakhee-shi.”

 

“It’s nothing oppa. The Pleasure is all mine.”

 

The sleazy smile on Baekhyun’s face should be creepy. But Yixing hyung as always ignores it. Baekhyun’s ogling comes to an end when a resounding screech booms in the practice room.

 

“Who the are you! Get away from my hyung!”

 

No f*ing way. That voice. It can't be!

 

But sadly it is. It is none other than Oh ing Sehun storming their way with hot lava angry red face.

 

“Ah Sehun-ah you came.” Yixing hyung dimples.

 

“HYUNG! Who the is she! And why is she clinging to you?!!”

 

“Eh? She is my student, Baekhee-shi. And what have I told you about using profanities!”

 

“Sorry hyung! But she shouldn't have clung to you like that in the first place. It’s all her fault!”

 

Baekhyun can't seem to believe his luck. Of all the people in the world, it had to be Oh Sehun. Baekhyun wants to run for it. His brain yells “run”, but his body is frozen stuck. Baekhyun is doomed. If Sehun notices him, really notices him, he would definitely recognize Baekhyun. And everything will be exposed. Fortunately Sehun is not giving him any attention, too busy acting boyfriends with Yixing hyung. Hmph. So if he could just run away now, no one will be the wiser. But Baekhyun doesn't know what to do but panic. And he wants to run really but before he could will himself to move the attention of the other two occupants fall on him.

 

“Sehun, that’s enough. Introduce yourself to your student Byun Baekhee.”

 

Wait. Student? Eh? What? Why?

 

If Baekhyun wasn’t so busy having an internal monologue in his head he would have noticed Sehun grilling him with his eyes.

 

“Byun?” Sehun enquires. “Why does she look so familiar? Hmm”

 

“Ah! She would seem familiar.” Yixing claps his hands. “She is Baekhyun's cousin.”

 

Looking at Baekhee, Yixing hyung introduces Sehun to her.

 

“And this is Oh Sehun. Your new assistant instructor.”

 

Baekhyun snap out of it. You can't let it go down the drain. Act normal. Sehun didn't recognize you, this might be a sign.

 

“Aaah. Nice to meet you Sehun oppa. I’ve heard so much about you from Baek hyung!”

 

“Funny Baekhyun never mentioned you.” drawls Sehun with a blank face. “You're that insignificant to him, huh?”

 

There was a pin drop silence for a minute that was broken by a whack to Sehun’s head.

 

“Hyungie! Why did you do that for!”

 

“Manners Sehun. Apologize.”

 

“But hyung! Why are you on her side! You don't love me anymore! Why hyung, why?”

 

Baekhyun didn't know how to react. It’s just downright disastrous. Sehun being in the studio was already risky but him being a teacher here is something Baekhyun doesn't think he could handle. Sehun is bound to notice eventually. What should he do? Should he abort mission? But that's not an option. Baekhyun’s come too far to back out now. And honestly Baekhyun doesn't even want to. He just has to be extra careful from now on and possibly make as less interaction with Sehun as he can. Sehun still not confronting him is a good sign too. At least Baekhyun has avoided the catastrophe for now.

 

Before Baekhyun can rejoice the victory another issue has made a cameo. Why is Oh ing Sehun so close to Yixing hyung! Gyaaaaahhhhh!

 

When you want to bash someone's head in really bad and you are resisting cause you don't want to be marked as crazy by your oppa. That's hard man. That's the epitome of self control. Baekhyun is having a first hand experience of how to resist such temptations. He is in the very verge of breaking but he is resisting, he is prevailing. Just for Yixing hyung though. Baekhyun deserves Nirvana. Really. A Nirvana with an angel named Yixing. 

Think happy thoughts Baek. Only happy thoughts. Yixing hyung's dorky laugh, his smile, his shining eyes, his rippling muscles, his thighs. Gyaaaahhh. Control Baekhyun! CONTROL! 

Really life of a “Supreme fan” is hard. Really HARD.