"His Hyung"

SPARE NO EVIL!!!

The perfection named ‘Oh Sehun’ we all know now was not always like this. There was a time ‘Oh Sehun’ was just an awkward little self conscious mess. Being lanky and too thin also wasn’t helping him at all. He wasn't tall then, like he is now. In a word he was a midget.

 

Oh Sehun knew about his uality from a young age. But knowing about it & accepting it for yourself is one thing and others accepting you is another thing. Expecting others to actually accept you just the way you are is out right foolishness. Little Sehunnie just had to learn it the hard way. Idealistic and proud little Sehunnie wore his uality as a badge. That made him lose many so called ‘friends’ and gain many more enemies. Little Sehunnie had turned the resident ‘’, targeted by all the bullies. Sehun fought them with all his might. But always ended up bruised and always got in trouble with the adults. So eventually he stopped fighting and just took all the beating. The bullies always got bored eventually.

 

It was a typical day. Sehun was getting his daily dose of beating and he was just waiting for it to end when suddenly a voice boomed through the school parking lot where he was ambushed by the bullies.

 

“Leave the kid alone!”

 

“Well well if it is not the new Chinky pretty boy. Came here to get your face fixed? You want us to beat ya instead of that ?”

One of the bullies spat.

 

“I ask politely. Just let the kid go.”

 

Damn pretty boy,WTF. With that personality you confront the bullies and expect them to just let us go? You are too gentle to take on these bullies. WTF are you doing? Just run already. Might as well save yourself. Thanks in advance for making my beating worse.

 

Even in this situation Oh Sehun couldn't stop his sarcastic internal monologue. He hopes that if he had to get more beating from the bullies then the pretty boy also gets a few knuckles in the head. That would teach him not to put his nose where it should not belong.

 

“Wahahahaha. What will ya do if we don't? Go kungfu on us? Use your Chinese powers on us? Gyahahah.”

 

Filthy pigs. Urgh. My ear hurts. Just finish this already. I'm gonna miss my daily soap. you pretty boy. If you didn’t have to act like a damn hero, I would have been watching my favorite daily soap by now.

 

“I'm afraid then I've got to send the video I just took of you guys beating the kid to the authorities. I just have to press send and you guys are done for.”

 

The pretty boy brandished his cellphone like a gun where the send button might as well be the trigger.

 

“The ….I oughtta…..”

 

“Go ahead. I already sent a copy of the video to the group chat of my friends. If I don't contact them in 10 minutes they will contact the authorities immediately.”

 

“You are messing with the wrong people here pretty boy. Be careful when you walk alone.”

 

“I just recorded our conversation now too.”

The pretty boy started to press some buttons on his cellphone.

 

“Here. Done sending it to the group chat. Anything happens to me or the kid my friends will know what to do.”

 

Giving a last kick to Sehun’s side the bullies slinked away. Clutching his side Sehun groaned. The pretty boy came near him and crouched beside him.

 

“Hey you okay kid?”

 

“First of all I am not a kid. And second for you I missed my favorite daily soap. So you.”

 

The stranger wasn’t expecting this reply for sure. Blinking he said,

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

“You better be. Sigh. You are pretty smart I see. Acting so quick in the situation. Since when did you start recording the video anyway?”

 

Scratching his ears with tinted cheeks the pretty boy answered,

 

“About that. There is no video.”

 

“Come again?”

 

“There is no video. I was bluffing. My phone is crap anyway. I wouldn't be able to take a good enough video even if I was fast enough to think about it.”

He shrugged.

 

Sehun couldn’t believe it. The pretty boy was crazy. If he got caught, he would have been kebab right now. Either he is too brave or too stupid. Little bit of both Sehun guesses.

 

“Buwahaha. You son of a-----”

 

“Language young man. I'm your HYUNG!”

 

“Ok, hyung. I'm Oh Sehun. You?”

 

“Yixing. Zhang Yixing.”

 

And a blinding smile. That is where everything truly began for Oh Sehun. The turning point for the Sehun now. And all triggered by a dimpled stupid brave stranger hyung that will turn into ‘His HYUNG’ in days to come. Oh Sehun just didn't know it then.


 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

The second time Sehun saw Yixing hyung was in the school hallway laughing with Jongdae hyung. Jongdae hyung was a troublemaker and everyone knew him in their middle school. Sehun just went his own way without calling out to Yixing. It’s not that they knew each other that much to warrant pleasantries anyway. Whether Yixing hyung noticed him he had no idea.

 

Little bit snooping on Zhang Yixing made him know the basic information about the dimpled boy. Like that Yixing was a transfer student from China and in the last year of middle school. Apparently childhood friends with Jongdae hyung. Yixing hyung’s family is very close to Jongdae hyung’s family and they had sent Yixing hyung to study in Korea two years after Jongdae hyung’s family moved back here from China. Yixing hyung is very polite and generally well liked.

 

The snooping was for no reason really. It’s not that Sehun was interested, it was just out of mere curiosity. Sehun even expected to never talk to the dimpled pretty boy ever again and was expecting to go back to his usual life. He expected the bullies to ambush him anytime soon but it never came. He waited a week, two weeks but it never came. During this time he did get to meet Yixing hyung many times though. Sehun always pretended to not know him, but the stupid hyung didn't seem to get the hint. Hyung always greeted him with kind smiles. Accompanied him in lunch from time to time. Shared many thoughts with Sehun that he could do good not knowing. Hyung even talked about his dreams with Sehun as if they were close. Hyung talked so passionately about his love for music. The way hyung’s whole demeanor lit up talking about music is something that made Sehun feel weird things. Sehun had been really surprised by hyung’s resolve to make his dream true. Aside from annoying Sehun with such unnecessary informations, hyung even defended Sehun from vicious cliques. It’s not that Sehun needed any saving. Not really. At first though it annoyed Sehun immensely but later on slowly Sehun started to appreciate it. It's nice to have someone stand by your side. Though Sehun would deny any soft spot for the weird hyung but slowly Sehun’s ice heart melted by the bright smiles, careful attention and a lot of kindness.

 

Oh Sehun knows that he is not the only one. That Yixing hyung is kind to everyone and probably Sehun is just like everyone. Still to Sehun Yixing hyung was special. So he tried every day to improve himself, so that he could be someone worthy of standing beside Yixing hyung. He even drank milk just to grow a little bit taller.

 

He cherished all his time with his Yixing hyung. But time flies by fast and Yixing hyung’s graduation was a week away. Sehun was so afraid, so so afraid that he would never see Yixing hyung again. Afraid that as he was just like everyone else to Yixing hyung, he wouldn't bother to keep contact with Sehun. Sehun felt like crying. He hadn't felt like this way since his childhood. Caring about someone, felt weird. Sehun had gone through enough to turn into an emotionless bastard. But he couldn't help it. It was Yixing hyung and he could absolutely not lose him.

 

That's when he realized. Realized that he loved Yixing hyung. That realization made him cry for the first time in a long long time. Because he just realized how deep he was in. And he could not even fathom how he could not notice his own feelings until he was in too deep. It made him feel nauseous. Mostly because he knows that Yixing hyung is straight. He would never see him as Sehun does him. He would probably hate Sehun if he knew. So he could not tell him, absolutely not.

 

Graduation day had Sehun spilling out his heart to Yixing hyung. How thankful he was to Yixing hyung, how he regretted not saying thank you to him on the day Yixing hyung saved him. How he was so afraid that he was like everyone else to Yixing hyung and how he was afraid that hyung would forget him.

 

In turn Yixing hyung had confessed that Sehun was his favorite dongsaeng and how he could never forget him. And he told him to study hard and to join hyung’s high school if Sehun wanted.

 

And Oh Sehun wanted it with every fiber of his being. Though it hurt to know that he was just a dongsaeng to his hyung but it was better to be a dongsaeng than to be a nobody to his hyung. And so he resolved to work hard and join hyung’s high school. And that’s what he did. Worked so hard that he was promoted 2 grades and graduated middle school with Jongdae hyung’s batch.

 

The most happiest day for Oh Sehun was when he ran to his new high school campus and went to Yixing hyung’s dorm room instead of his own. Hugging hyung was like  coming back home. He missed hyung so much. Yixing hyung did keep his promise. He did keep in contact with Sehun. But talking on phone could do so much. Seeing hyung after such a long time made his heart sing and cry at the same time. It was just so weird but that day Sehun stayed glued to his hyung until he was forced to return to his room at night.

 

Despite all the confessions on Yixing hyung’s graduation day what Sehun couldn't confess was his feelings for his hyung. Sehun had hoped that his feelings for Yixing hyung will dwindle with time. But it never did. It had gotten more worse it seemed. And Oh Sehun still didn't have the courage to confess. Not like it will matter anyway, his hyung was straight.


 

-------------------------------------------------------------


 

It was in highschool that he had met Baekhyun hyung. Baekhyun hyung was from another high school and they had met through mutual friends in a karaoke place.They were in the same grade due to Sehun being promoted to higher class and graduating middle school early. Baekhyun hyung and Sehun were like the opposite poles. But despite their opposite personalities they clicked immediately. They made sure to do weekly hangouts and pretty soon these mere fun hangouts turned into daily routines and their friendship strengthened.

 

They gelled so well that many friends suggested them to date. But it never felt right. His heart was owned by Yixing hyung only and it would take a miracle for that to change anytime soon. And it seemed Baekhyun had taken him under his wing as an adorable little brother. So despite the insistence of their friends it could never be anything but platonic relationship between them.

 

Though Baekhyun hyung and him had  more like a frenemy type of relationship rather than anything else but Sehun was really thankful to have Baek hyung in his life. Hyung had come in a time when Sehun needed someone there to distract him from Yixing hyung. And it helped. Though it can never be erased but it is manageable now, his feelings for Yixing hyung.

 

Oh Sehun had pride. And even though he gushed like a fanboy about Yixing hyung to Baekhyun hyung daily, he never could confess his true feelings for Yixing hyung to even Baekhyun hyung. Cause he knew it won't help, rather Baekhyun hyung would worry about him and come up with crazy ideas that would hurt Sehun more at the end.

 

So he just fanboyed in front of Baekhyun hyung. He knew that Baekhyun hyung got annoyed sometimes, especially because he didn't even know Yixing hyung properly. But Sehun couldn’t help it. It had turned into his cope up mechanism in a way. Especially as Yixing hyung was getting far and far away from him every day. Yixing hyung had started to grow interest in dancing and had joined the dance club. After joining the dance club, hyung had turned somewhat of a celebrity in the campus. Girls and even boys had started to follow him around. That made it impossible for Sehun to get a hold of hyung in the campus. And with hyung being so busy with part time jobs after school it turned more impossible to get a hold of hyung for days literally. But hyung did come visit him from time to time. Only that assured him that Yixing hyung hadn’t forgotten him. And that made him immensely happy.


 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

It seemed like time always circled and another dreaded graduation was knocking on the door. Despite not being able to be near Yixing hyung much in highschool at least Sehun could see him everyday. Maybe from afar but it was nice to see his hyung every day, even from afar it was worth it. But it would be changing, hyung would be graduating very soon. Another year of separation and Sehun wasn’t even sure if he could make it to the University Yixing hyung would be entering. Hyung was aiming for “Seoul University of Performing Arts” as a dance major. And Sehun was sure hyung would make it. But Sehun was doubtful if he could make it there next year. And he was sure he really would lose Yixing hyung for real this time. But just like last time Yixing hyung assured him of not losing contact. Yixing hyung always keeps his promises, so Sehun had believed him. So Sehun resolved to work hard, work harder and harder until he could be with hyung. Just like what his hyung always does, working hard till he achieves what he wants.

 

Sehun had started to get dance lessons, sometimes even from hyung when he was not busy. But pretty soon hyung started to get busy and else from a call in the weekends they didn't have much contact. It left Sehun to help himself. But It seemed he had a natural talent for dancing and he worked harder and harder in areas where talent won't help. He even joined the dance club when he became confident enough. All the dancing seemed to have activated his growth spurt suddenly and he started to turn taller and muscular. People have a magnet built in for good looks and pretty soon he turned into a celebrity in campus.

 

Fortunately for Sehun, Baekhyun hyung was also aiming for “Seoul University of Performing Arts”. Though as a music major. So they helped each other for the preparation of the admission test. It was only the 1st leg of the last year of high school still they felt ready for the admission exams.

 

Somewhere near April Sehun learnt about Yixing hyung having a boyfriend. And it seemed they had been dating since after hyung’s graduation but Yixing hyung didn't tell anyone. Apparently Sehun was the first one to know about it from Yixing hyung. It did not make him happy at all. It felt like utter betrayal to Sehun. Sehun could take Yixing hyung dating girls, but hyung dating a guy that is not him made him feel betrayed. He remembered yelling “I hate you” to Yixing hyung and disconnecting the call. He had not received any calls from Yixing hyung since then. Yixing hyung called so many times but Sehun didn't care. If hyung had to like a boy, why was it not him. ‘Why not him’ was going through his head constantly.

 

Sehun had turned a depressed shell in private. But acted fine in front of others. He just couldn't let others know. But Baekhyun hyung did notice something amiss. He did ask why Sehun hadn't been fanboying about his Yixing hyung for weeks. Sehun hadn't answered but Baekhyun hyung just assumed that Sehun’s fanboying phase just died. And hyung had eloquently rejoiced the fact. If only he knew.

 

Though he was crushed inside, he didn't let others know. That was the time when he had perfected his “resting face”.

 

Though he was ignoring Yixing hyungs calls, he got to know from Jongdae hyung that Yixing hyung was dating a half Canadian half Chinese man named Kris Wu. Apparently a very good looking rich man and their story was the talk of their varsity campus. But Sehun had just zoned out the story, he hadn't wanted to hear about that at all.

 

Two weeks had gone by and he was lounging on his dorm room in a weekend when he had heard a knock on his door. He was not expecting anyone and definitely not the person who came bearing bubble tea of every flavor available.

 

“Sehun-ah, please forgive hyung. Hyung doesn't like it when you are mad at hyung.”

 

Despite his resolve to ignore Yixing hyung he had ended up bawling his eyes out on hyung’s chest. They had spent the day on an amusement park and secretly Sehun had imagined it as a date. Cause it can never be true now, apparently Yixing hyung was still going strong with that “Wu”tever guy.

 

It seemed Yixing hyung had mistaken the reason for Sehun’s upset. He had thought that Sehun was angry about not knowing about his hyung dating sooner. If he only knew. But Sehun didn't correct his mistake. Sehun didn't want his hyung to be sad because of him.

 

Eventually Sehun forgave him and decided to not change his resolve to follow hyung to his university. Cause admiring hyung from afar is better than not seeing him at all.


 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sehun’s graduation brought another good news that he could not stop being ecstatic about. Though he was sad for his hyung but he could not help but rejoice Kris Wu and hyung breaking up in his selfish heart.

So he had started preparing for the admission test with more fervor.


Getting in was a cinch for Sehun. Baekhyun hyung also got in without any trouble. Sehun was happy. Now that he had a chance, now that he could be so close to hyung without hyung being attached to anyone; he couldn’t stop his excitement. His fanboying turned up to the next level, making Baek hyung groan in a daily basis. But he couldn't help it. Looking at Yixing hyung every day, being so close to hyung, all those skinships initiated by hyung was making Sehun high. So so high. He became addicted to it. What stopped him from confessing though was the sadness in hyung's eyes when he thinks no one was looking. Sehun knows hyung’s last relationship ed him up real bad and hyung wasn’t ready to be in a relationship so soon. So Sehun would patiently wait and make hyung his when hyung was ready for a relationship. In the meantime annoying the hell out of Baekhyun hyung seemed like a fun pass time.