Chapter 8

Dr01d (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

At the city center…

 

“…so that we can achieve greatness and lead the joyful life we deserve. Wait for the applause. We are the prospects and you are the future. Balloons coming up from behind the stage and sparkles on both sides. Everybody cheers and the music starts.” The rally planner paced around the stage, talking to himself while reading a chart. “I think this net is small.” He pulled it out of the box and extended it. After taking his time examining it, he looked around at the workers. “We need a bigger net!” He yelled, startling everyone around him. Two of the workers, who were filling up balloons, stood up and ran back to the warehouse.

The planner continues pacing while the two workers peeked from the warehouse entrance.

“This is our chance. Go through the back, I’ll stay here and watch.” The taller of the two said.

“Are you sure, Sean?” The shorter asked with fear.

“Yes, now run!”

The shorter one disappeared behind a stack of crates. Sean kept a lookout.

“What are you doing here?” A voice asked, startling him. He turned around and saw one of the guards approaching him.

“I’m looking for a bigger net.” He said, as calmly as he could. The guard thought for a moment.

“I think those are stored in the back, next to the lights.” The guard explained and he nodded, turning to head in that direction. “I’ll go with you.” The guard followed him.

“Freeze! Hands behind your back, now!” They heard someone yell from the back.

The guard took out his gun and walked slowly, he stood there not knowing what to do.

They were going to get caught and it was his entire fault. He was the one with the idea and now his twin brother was going to pay for it. ‘I’m not letting him go down without a fight’ he thought and in a split second, he reached for the guard, wrapping his arm around the guard’s neck to prevent him from breathing.

Once the guard fell unconscious, he took his gun and made his way to the back.

Another guard was handcuffing his brother.

“Let him go!” He said, loud and clear, and pointed the gun at the guard’s head.

“Do you even know how to use that?” The guard asked pulling his brother’s arm further back and making him wince in pain.                     

“I said, let him go!” The guard smirked. He pushed his brother to the ground and reached for his own gun. Before he could even touch it, a gunshot echoed through the warehouse and the guard fell limp on the ground.

“Eli, are you okay?” Sean said, as he helped him stand up.

“I’m fine, how-” Eli was confused, he didn’t know his brother could be capable of firing a gun.

“We need to go, come on!” Sean peeked through the back door and motioned Eli to follow him.

 

 

 

Back at the main laboratory…

 

The main room was full of work benches and there was at least one scientist working on each one of them. To an outsider, it would look more like a science classroom than a laboratory, and they would be right. The main room’s purpose was to share advancements and research with each other.

On the sides of the main room, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter