VII | G O N E

MONSTER

Song: BTS - Best of Me


 

| ✧ |

 

Baekhyun was on his way to Hyeyeon's house. He still couldn't believe that she was trying to hurt herself.

Are the memories still in her mind? He thought as he remembered that he removed all her memories with Jungkook. Baekhyun knocked on her door.

"Hyeyeon?" He called.

She didn't respond. Baekhyun touched the wooden door and widened his eyes. The house is empty. Without wasting time, Baekhyun used his strength and break open the door.

"HYEYEON?!" He shouted, worried.

If Hyeyeon is missing, he probably must face Kyungsoo's dark side and he knows what will happen if it's released. Baekhyun groaned in frustration.

"I'm so dead." he sighed as he closed his eyes. 10 minutes later, he stood up and was about to leave when he saw a white folded paper on the table. He took it and unfold it.

 

Dear Baekhyun,

I'm sorry if I had to leave like this without telling you but I have no choice. I have an important mission and that is to search my brother that was separated from me since I was a baby. I hope you understand and thank you so much for your hospitality even though I just met you recently. Do have a wonderful day ahead, Baekhyun.

- Hyeyeon

 

Baekhyun widened his eyes in surprise. So finally, she knew and has decided to search for her brother. He smiled but is also worried at the same time.

"Just be safe Hyeyeon-ah." He mumbled again and left the house to deliver the news to Kyungsoo.


| Jungkook's POV |

 

"She's a vampire... right? Listen here Jungkook, you can lie to the others but not me."

"Jungkook, i want you to lure her to us."

Jimin's and Namjoon's words have been lingering around my mind since morning. I don't know how he found out but one thing I know for sure is that he's planning something and i still can’t believe Namjoon is planning to use Hyeyeon’s power just to create more vampires so that our creatures won’t extinct. Suddenly, the incident that happened yesterday flashed in my mind.


| FLASHBACK |

 

I was watching Hyeyeon ever since she woke up from her sleep. I saw her touching the necklace.

She still wears it.

It broke my heart that she didn't know who gave her the necklace. I guess that guy really erased all her memories with me. She went to the kitchen and gasped when her fridge was empty. I couldn't help but chuckle at her because of her cute reaction. I missed her. She sighed and went back to her room to freshen herself up before heading to the supermarket.

I stared at her and she looked cute in just plain T-shirt and jeans. When was the last time I saw her wearing just a plain T-shirt and jeans? She grabbed her purse and walk out of the house. I hid near the bushes and noticed that the sun was burning her skin alive and she flinched. I sighed again. She still doesn't know about her true self.

The next moment, she came out again, wearing her jacket. I smiled and so I continue following her. She stopped, I stopped. I turn to where she was looking and I was shocked. There was an accident and there was a pool of blood. I can feel my body started to shiver as I was craving for it for some time but I controlled myself and look away. I continued to follow Hyeyeon. I stopped behind a pillar.

She held her head but her eyes were staring at the blood. Uh oh. Don't tell me- I was right. Her vampire instinct took over her and she couldn't control it. I started to panic. Cars were horning and she's still walking towards the pool of blood when I saw an incoming car, shining its light onto her. She stopped. I was about to run and save her when...

"HYEYEON!" The guy that I met at her house that time, saved her.

I was late. He carried her home and I just stood there, looking at them.

"I-I’m sorry Hyeyeon..." I mumbled in regrets.

That's when I saw Jimin smirking at them without realising I was there watching him.


The thoughts of Jimin hyung trying to get rid of Hyeyeon and Namjoon trying to use Hyeyeon’s power is getting on my nerves. Why can't they just leave her alone? She doesn't even know anything. I ruffled my hair in frustration and lay on my bed. I missed her so much and with her in my mind, I fell asleep.


| Kyungsoo POV |

 

"My dear Kyungsoo, listen to Mum carefully." My 8 years old self nodded.

"Whatever decisions you make, we will always support you. No matter where we are but always know that we also love you." Mum kissed my forehead and smile.

"Be independent, honey. Live without us." She smiled again. Being a clueless 8-year-old I am, I just nodded and smile which I regretted doing so.

"M-mum." I mumbled.

"Kyungsoo?" A male voice? He sounded familiar.

"Kyungsoo? Wake up!" Baekhyun? I slowly opened my eyes and I was right. It is him. He looked at me with mixed emotions of happy and worried.

"What is it?" I asked. He flashed me a tight smile. "Your sister." I paused. What about her? Did something happen to her? I stared at him, waiting for his answers.

"She's searching for you." He beamed happily. My eyes couldn't get any bigger as I heard the news.

"Are you serious?" He nodded. I smiled widely.

We're going to meet soon, Hyeyeon. I thought but then Baekhyun sighed. "Baek, what's wrong?" I asked him.

"S-she went alone. I just found out this afternoon when I went to visit her again." I froze again. A-alone? This can't be happening. Will she be okay?

"Why don't you want me to just bring her here? I mean I know who her brother is which is you. Isn't it easier?" He looked at me questionable.

Well Baekhyun was right but what if she hates me for leaving her all alone and not look for her? What if she thinks that I’m a monster since I’m not a human but a wolf.

"I-I just want her to be independent, that's all." I lied. He nodded, believing me and left. I sighed. I don't have a choice.


| Dahye's POV |

 

Woah, the weather is extremely hot today but the sun is not even shining that bright unless... Ugh, Kris! I HATE YOU!

" FREAKING KRIS WU! DO THAT ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL DESTROY YOUR PRECIOUS ROOM." I exclaimed in anger.

Soon, the weather went back to normal when Kris appeared in front of me with his 'oh so famous I could make girls faint' smirk. I rolled my eyes at him and walked back into the house. I was walking past Kyungsoo's room when I overheard his conversation with Baekhyun. Hmm, something about Kyungsoo's sister trying to find him.

I heard Baekhyun sighed as he said that she went alone. I walked back to my room and tried thinking about how to help Kyungsoo and his sister but I couldn't think of one. I remembered Kyungsoo's sister when she was still a toddler and i remember playing with her but the strange thing is that she went missing for 19 years and was never found.

I sighed as I lay on my bed when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in!" I said as I faceplant myself on my pillow.

"Hey Dahye." Hold on. I recognise that voice. I look up and widened my eyes.

Kim Junmyeon

"What's wrong? Shocked to see me?" He said as he smiled while chuckling.

"W-when, w-what, how?" I stuttered in shocked.

"Just today, how? Hmm, I came back here by a plane. Any more questions?" He said. I just blinked then proceed to stand in front of him and hold his face.

Oh god, it's real. He's here. He's really here!

"Yes, I’m really here Dahye." Suho read my mind and chucked as he ruffled my hair.

"Oh my gosh! You're back from America! Finally!" I screamed and jumped in joy when he pulled me into a warm hug. I became silent and hug him back.

"Ahem, am I disturbing your lovely moment?" Said Kris.

"As a matter of fact, it's not lovely moment. More of a friendship moment and no, you're not." I said as I broke the hug.

"Welcome back bro, we're glad to have you back. Come on down and have some lunch." Said Kris as he put his arm around Suho's shoulders.

"I'll catch up with you later then." Said Suho as he winked at me and went down with Kris.

I quickly closed the door and faceplant onto my bed. Oh god, must he really do that? Did he see me blushing? I hope not, oh god. Incise you didn't know, I’ve been having a crush on Suho since the day we first met at high school. We became close friends each day and that's how I found out he's one of us.

I told Kris about him and he invited Suho to come and join our wolf clan and he gladly accept but then soon after, he had to leave for America due to his family having some 'stuff' there and for 6 years, I have not seen him and pretty much forgot about him until he came back today.