IV | S I B L I N G S

MONSTER

Song: EXO - Sweet Lies


 

| Hyeyeon's POV |

 

Months have passed by and I still miss him. After he left, my life changed. I caressed the necklace while shutting my eyes very tightly.

"I miss you Kookie..."

Suddenly, I heard a loud thud from my parent's room. I jumped out of shock and held my chest. Curious, I stood up from the sofa and walk to my parent's room.

"Hello?"

"Stupid Hyeyeon! There's no one in this house except you so stop scaring yourself!" I cursed myself.

I switched on the lights and looked around. "Wow. It's been so long since I’ve entered this room." I mumbled.

I can sense my parent's strong scent lingering in this room but they aren't as faint as Kookie's and I found it weird. The real intention of entering my parents was forgotten for a while until I saw a huge box on the floor in front of my parent's wardrobe. Curiosity killed the cat.

"Why not?"

I took the huge box and place it on my parent's bed. Once I opened the cover, dust started to fly around which caused me to sneeze. I fan the dust away and looked inside the box. It is full of small photo albums so I took one out and flip it through. I smiled to myself when I realised it was my baby photos.

My eyes were filled with tears as I continue to flip through the photo album. I miss the moments when we were together. Suddenly, the pages flip itself to the last page of the album. I was shocked as there was another baby photo but it wasn't me, it was someone else.

The baby in the photo was smiling widely. I unattached the photo and looked at it deeply. I turned it over and saw a small note.

My first baby boy. 120193

I widened my eyes in shock. I put it aside and rummage through box once again then I realised it was true. Almost everything inside the box belongs to this baby boy since I kept mine by myself then I saw a yellow envelope with my name written on it. Knowing that it's for me so I took it and read it.

 

Dear my lovely daughter Do Hyeyeon,

By the time you read this letter, I and your dad are no longer by your side but we are always in your heart. I know probably after we left, you would think that you're alone but let me tell you, you're not alone. Excluding us who is already inside your heart, there is another person that truly cares for you and that person is your brother.

You guys had to be separated for some reason and we had no choice but to keep it from you. You can call us cruel or irresponsible parents for separating you guys but trust me, we did it because we want the both of you to be safe. We love our children more than we love ourselves and that is why we kept a lot of secrets from the both of you.

There's one more thing that you need to know but I’ll leave it to your brother to tell you. He would explain everything so give him your full trust like how you gave it to us. I believe in you, my daughter. We love you.

- Love Mum

 

Tears were flowing profusely. Nothing can describe my feelings right now. I hated them for keeping me away from my brother and that they left me alone in this cruel world but no matter what they did, I still love them and they are my parents.

I curled my fist in anger. My body starts to shiver as the letter became crumpled on my hand. My mind shut me down, my heart hurts, my head hurts and the next thing I know, I fell asleep on my parent's bed.


| Kyungsoo's POV |

 

Staring at the Wu siblings and the Kim siblings makes me jealous. Jealous because they have someone who they can rely on every time but for me, I've lost her since she was a baby and she probably doesn't even know that she has a brother by now.

"Kyungsoo." I looked up from my seat and smiled.

It was Baekhyun. He pulled a chair in front of me and stared at me.

"I found her." I widened my eyes.

"W-what?" He sighed.

"I found your sister." He smiled. I still couldn't believe my ears.

"H-how is she?" I asked nervously.

Baekhyun sighed. I looked at him worriedly. Did something happen?

"When I was at her house, I accidentally bumped into your parent's wardrobe and a huge box fell. I panicked and hid behind the wardrobe when I heard a voice outside you parent's room. Your sister entered and I could sense that she was full of sadness then I realised the huge box that fell, was related to you and which was for her eventually. She cried herself to sleep when she found out that she had a brother but I don't know if she will search for you." Baekhyun explained.

I sighed and looked down. Suddenly, a pair of hands were on my shoulders.

"Don't worry, I’ll look out for her. Just don't stress yourself, alright?" I nodded weakly.

"T-thank you Baekhyun." I mumbled.


| Baekhyun's POV |

 

I stared at Kyungsoo for a while. My heart hurts a lot seeing him in pain and I know he has been wanting to meet his little sister who was separated from him 17 years ago. Now that I've found her, I promised Kyungsoo that I'll look out for her but there's something weird his little sister. Her aura and Kyungsoo's aura are different.

The first time I saw her, her aura seems stronger and darker than Kyungsoo's or is it just me? But she's very pretty, almost everything about her is smart like Kyungsoo. Oh no, am I falling for her already? BYUN BAEKHYUN, SNAP IT OUT!

"Yo! Baek! Are you okay? You look so stressed out." I sighed.

"I don't know. Kyungsoo is worrying me and he has not been himself lately." Well, I know why.

Chanyeol stared at Kyungsoo, who is sleeping on his bed then back at me.

"He looks fine to me." I rolled my eyes.

He started laughing out of the sudden.

"Look, I was just kidding. We are all worried about him but since i saw you talking to him, hopefully he's fine." I looked at the time. Oh damn! I need to go! I bid goodbye to Chanyeol and left the house.

While I was on my way to Kyungsoo's little sister's house, a guy with a hoodie covering his head bumped into me. I stumbled backwards.

"Hey, are you blind?!" I shouted. He turned around and glared at me.

I realised his left eye is red. H-he is a vampire. My eyes turned golden yellow as I proceed to growl at him. He smirked.

"Till we meet again next time." He disappeared.

I blinked multiple times. What just happened?