II | M O N S T E R

MONSTER

Song: BLACKPINK - Playing with fire


 

| Hyeyeon's POV |

 

❝ I'm creeping in your heart babe. Overturning, breaking you down, swallowing you. I’ll

steal you away and indulge in you. I’ll ruin you. Carved into your heart, I want to live

forever even after I’ve died. Don’t worry babe, I’ll make it into your heart. ❞

 

I stretch out my hand from the blanket and turn off my alarm. Another day of hell, I forcefully drag myself off my bed and went inside the bathroom. While trying to forget about the nightmare, I remembered about the mysterious guy. He saved me yesterday and I swear I thought I was going meet my parents in heaven but I'm still alive with no wounds on my stomach.

No scars at all which is weird. There should be stitches or a bandage wrapped around my stomach but no, there's nothing. Hearing the stabbers voice, it had to be a guy and I’m very certain about it. So, the Queenkas are out of the list but that mysterious guy that I saw in the picture, he looks so happy back then with his friends but yesterday when I stared into his eyes, it looks so dull, sad and lonely. I wonder what happened to them.

I shook off the thoughts and got dress then off I go to school while dragging my legs. Once I arrived, weirdly the Queenkas were not there to bully me like they used to. I shrugged and continued to walk into class and sat on my chair at the very end and corner in class. I then started to daydream while looking out of the window.

"Yo, Hyeyeon!"

My daydream was disturbed. I frowned and stared at the person who called my name while rolling my eyes.

"What do you want Park Jimin?" I snarled.

Jimin pull a chair in front of me and sat down. My blood starts to boil inside and because of him, I became the victim of the Queenkas. He cupped my cheeks very fast. I was taken back by his sudden actions and I couldn't react. He smirked.

"Why? Are you scared?" He teased me with one of his y accent but I wasn't even swayed.

I tried to remove his hands but he was too strong and I noticed his eyes turning red. My eyes widen at the sudden change of colour in his eyes.

"J-jimin. Y-your eyes..." I stuttered but still trying to be free from his grip on my cheeks but all he does is smirk back at me. If only I could remove that dirty smirk of his.

"Hyeyeon, my dear." He finally let go but continues to caress my cheek.

"You do know that you're not a human being but a vampire, a vampire that kills every human being in this world so stop trying to act like those humans because it's not worth it." I looked at him in confusion.

What does he mean?

I'm not a human?

I'm a vampire?

Vampires can't even survive in this kind of weather?

Hot and stuffy, don't they?

Out of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain on my left cheek. I winced in pain.

"Jimin..." I touched my left cheek, blood. After a while, my head is starting to throb and my vision is getting blurred. I looked at Jimin and he smirked.

Without hesitation, I ran out of the classroom as I held my head as it hurts so much and my legs are getting weaker. I fell on my knees.

What's happening to me?

The only question that I can ask myself right now and I realised that my nails are getting longer.

"You're a vampire." Jimin's words lingered in my mind. I shook my head to forget about it but it didn't work.

When I look up, students were passing by me as if I was invisible. The sudden hatred for them rush through my veins as I stood up and glared at them. Within seconds, I killed everyone. Blood splattered everywhere. My breathing started to get heavier and that's when realised what I’ve done. I was shocked to see my whole body covered in blood with torn bodies all over the floor. I shivered when suddenly, a voice could be heard beside me.

"You did this you monster!" I turned to the direction where the voice was, but it disappeared.

My legs couldn't support me anymore and I fell to the ground as my eyes scanned around, tears flowing down my cheeks.

"Monster."

"Monster."

"Monster."

The same words kept repeating inside my head as I tried to block it by covered my ears.

"N-no please stop. I'm not a monster! Please!!" I shook my head, crying.

"PLEASE STOP!!"

"Hyeyeon? Hey, wake up. You're having another nightmare." I jolted up from where I was, panting. I checked both my hands and body, there were no blood and they were clean.

"Are you okay? You look pale." A familiar voice asked. It's the guy's voice, the one that saved me. His voice was full of concern and worry. Without any hesitation, I immediatelyhugged him and started to sob.

"Hey, It's okay. It's just a dream." He patted my back to calm me down and I'm able to relax myself once again. I let him go and wiped my tears.

"H-how long have I been sleeping?" I asked. He looked at the clock. "4 hours."

I gasped as he laughed. "Did school give you a tough time until you’re having nightmares?" He asked again. I nodded.

"Probably. Sorry to disturb you with my screaming." I scratched my head awkwardly. He my hair and it felt comforting.

"It's okay. Be lucky that I was here to wake you up. If not, you probably might not wake up from that nightmare and remain in there, screaming and shouting for eternity." He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes. He was right, well coming here every day after school isn't bad after all.

"So, are you hungry?" I nodded shyly. He patted on my head.

"Let's go. I've cooked dinner for us." I smiled. How sweet of him. Dinner was perfect. It wasn't as awkward as the first time, it was lively and I told him about my nightmare.

He gave me that shocked yet mad look at the same time but I noticed his fist curled into a ball and started to shiver. I asked him what's wrong but he insisted that it was nothing and flash me a reassuring smile.

"I'll be right back." He said and dashed upstairs. 

I was busy eating when I felt a presence behind me. I stopped eating, thinking it was him but no. It wasn't. The aura around me felt very bad and dangerous. I could sense it. I quickly ran off from my seat and my eyes widened. Whatever it is, it is not a hum- Park Jimin?!

Jimin glared at me with his red bloodshot eyes, his eyes were full of anger and hatred. I started to move backward slowly as Jimin started to walk towards me. I started to shiver.

Where is that guy?!

Suddenly, my back hits the wall.

Damn it!

Jimin moved even closer to me. I saw his fangs and it was very sharp.

Oh god, please don't bite me Jimin!

I'm trapped in his domain. I'm going to die. I closed my eyes very tightly to avoid having eye contact with Jimin.

The next thing I know, I heard someone being thrown. I opened my eyes and Jimin was gone.

"Hyeyeon. Are you okay?!" He looked at me in concerned, his voice filled with worry as he checked for bruises and cuts but there were none. He sighed in relief. I was still in shock which really cause me to lose my consciousness.

"Hyeyeon!"


| Jungkook's POV |

 

Hyeyeon fainted in my arms. I shook her but there was no response. I carried her bridal style and went into my room. I place her gently on my bed and cover her with a blanket. I sighed.

"I'm sorry you had to witness this." I said as I touched her forehead to remove the scenes that had happened. I don't want her to remember anything. I felt an angry presence behind me and I know who it was.

"Hyung. Please, just go." I said.

"How long are you going to keep up with this kind of attitude? It's been 3 years Jungkook and she's not even worth your time!" He spat at me. My blood starts to boil as shut my eyes tight.

"Jungkook, leave this world and come with me. Leave her. We have so much things to do." He continued. 

I curled my fist as my eyes changed to crimson red. I stood up and walk towards him and used all my strength and grabbed him by his neck.

"No matter how hard you try to influence me to follow you, I still won't change my mind. I won't leave this world and I won't leave her!" My eyes shifted to Hyeyeon. Jimin smirked and kicked me on the stomach. I groaned in pain.

"I'll give you one more month. If not, I’ll keep appearing inside her dream and make her suffer." He threatened me. I growl. No one dares to touch Hyeyeon.

"I knew it, it was you! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" I exploded. Jimin shrugged and smirked.

"I just want her to know how scary vampires can be, and if she were to know you're one of us, she will indeed call you a monster." He smiled evilly. I gave him a disgusted expression.

"You know what Jimin, you're the monster and not me." I charged towards him and slash his neck.

He fell to the ground, glaring at me. He stood up, healing his own wound. He walked off but turned back to me.

"One more month, Jungkook. One more month or she's dead." My eyes turned back to black and sighed.

I stared at Hyeyeon's unconscious body then remembering what Jimin said. One month isn't enough for me but I must sacrifice myself just to protect her.

"I'm sorry Hyeyeon." I kissed her forehead.